PVE servers becomming a dead wasteland: This is why

Azmeaiel

2 hours ago, ToXiN said:

Probably not gonna happen.
Why would those tribes farm element or whatever is needed to make the cryo storage, when they can just dump their dinos on different servers?

Yeah, needs a low tier option so it's viable for everyone, if the dinos stored in it are in stasis then also change it so it works like the S+ vivarium and the females produce eggs as well, stops the massive egg farms & sorts the tame cap problem at the same time.

A year or so ago I would have been against anything like that on official as it's a survival game and it would make it too easy to protect your dinos but with the state of the servers now there needs to be a common sense solution even if it takes something away from the game, as it is any new players will be put off almost straight away and more & more long term players are complaining about it.

If anything, to stop the pressure on PVE servers if they want to continue having ORP and other systems that prevent any loss whatsoever, yet still want to cram players into already full servers, is re-introduce cloud storage for PVE or disable orp...so people actually have to play the game as a survival game. New servers are almost never added to overcrowded regions, and most regions are only full because of mass storage tribes currently pushing players out of every single server. These tribes need to be reportable, and serious action needs to be taken if they are tribes that log in only to refresh timers or spam dinos onto servers.

30 minutes ago, Azmeaiel said:

If anything, to stop the pressure on PVE servers if they want to continue having ORP and other systems that prevent any loss whatsoever, yet still want to cram players into already full servers, is re-introduce cloud storage for PVE or disable orp...so people actually have to play the game as a survival game. New servers are almost never added to overcrowded regions, and most regions are only full because of mass storage tribes currently pushing players out of every single server. These tribes need to be reportable, and serious action needs to be taken if they are tribes that log in only to refresh timers or spam dinos onto servers.

Reportable offenses will still only flood their already-flooded report system further. The real solution to this (and most) problem(s) is to hire more CSRs

I always feel for pve players when I see these posts come up weekly. It's always the same process every time.

Step 1: pve player complains about rampant dino cap/ pillaring

Step 2: Discussion amongst the community that can be both a debate and include generally unique ideas to address each problem

Step 3: No response from anyone within a position to make the change

Step 4: Nothing changes

Step 5: Repeat

I hope that one day both of those issues get worked out for you guys as much as I hope under mapping gets fixed for pvp. Although I feel like both are a losing battle that will not yield the results either side is hoping for. ?

3 minutes ago, MandaBear said:

I always feel for pve players when I see these posts come up weekly. It's always the same process every time.

Step 1: pve player complains about rampant dino cap/ pillaring

Step 2: Discussion amongst the community that can be both a debate and include generally unique ideas to address each problem

Step 3: No response from anyone within a position to make the change

Step 4: Nothing changes

Step 5: Repeat

I hope that one day both of those issues get worked out for you guys as much as I hope under mapping gets fixed for pvp. Although I feel like both are a losing battle that will not yield the results either side is hoping for. ?

Well, the cryo thinggy should fix that in theory. We will see what happens, mostly depending on how accessible it is and what the upkeep is. 

We're having pretty big troubles on our servers with the Chinese as well. And it's unfortunately to say, but this really is a problem. Either start to open up new servers for them and/or block them from EU/NA servers. They blame us as foreigners, they're threatening us, calling us names, kiting stuff to our bases, killing the Dinos you're about to tame, mass hoarding dinos, placing up rafts whenever tame cap goes off, griefing e.g. Stealing the milk when you've tranqed a wyvern, or they open up the cages when you're about to tranq, try to harass you when you've got a wyvern egg and they'll flew up to you, threaten you to give them the egg immediately, try to steal stuff inside of your bases, duping. And you know what, we send reports after reports but nothing happens. 

18 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Couldn't be what ends up being released, but according to the PCGamer's article:

So if this is the case, this will definitely not be a viable option for players to store their extra tames and will most likely just be used for trading, and/or cave raiding, etc.

In your pocket.

Do you really think wildcard is gonna not use this opportunity? It’s a perfect opportunity to make storange of dinos easier, and the wording already hints that they plan it.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, WaightZer said:

Whenever I see a name like these

76465843018, 36901561778 

join the server, I worried.

Why? This is just players using their QQ id as Steam name.

19 minutes ago, Everybody said:

In your pocket.

Do you really think wildcard is gonna not use this opportunity? It’s a perfect opportunity to make storange of dinos easier, and the wording already hints that they plan it.

I didn't say this is not a planned feature. If you re-read carefully my post, you will notice that I was referring to the bold and underlined part:

18 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

(though these ice cubes will slowly degrade in your pocket).

Depending of the time it will takes to degrade, it won't be viable for players to use as long term storage so I think that most players won't even bother unless for trading or bringing big tames into caves.

If the ORP is removed from the PVE, we will have tribes attracting wild gigs and titans to other tribes, and this will be one more motive for complaints in the forum. I do not think taking the ORP is the solution.

Maybe the solution is to reduce the limit of dinos by tribe to 350 (a great number) and to apply a "life time" to the dinos as if they were old, something like 6 months of life and then the dinos would be deleted. And in dino inventory, we would have a timer (age) to control our offspring.

I believe 6 months of life for a virtual creature is enough.

How about that. Just let us paint dinos as we wish. I mean, the regions like on buildings. Not that supid painting system, we have now. Maybe people would stop to breed for color mutations and tame tons of low lvl dinos while an event is running

But best would be, way more servers, like we had in EA and region lock maybe

23 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Couldn't be what ends up being released, but according to the PCGamer's article:

So if this is the case, this will definitely not be a viable option for players to store their extra tames and will most likely just be used for trading, and/or cave raiding, etc.

It was told by Jen in one of the streams right after the reveal of extinction that they can be kept in the cryo thinggy almost infinitely as long as it's powered. Once you take them out, they decay quite fast. I'm on my phone, so I'll let you guys do the source finding :).

7 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

Sounds like all would benefit from a PvE only increase of dino food drain, say 5x larger and 5x reduced food drain when regeneration of stamina.

Or whould people go crazy just feeding their large stock of creatures?

Regards,

Ariana 

Well, for a small tribe, we'd probably quit & just go play unofficial - 5x food drain would mean some creatures would need feeding more than 1x per 24 hours, and withg a tribe of 3 that's not always achievable. Solo players would probably mostly (90%+) Quit - good way to kill PvE.

p.s. the only tribes this would have pretty much zero effect on are the huge tribes that are doing the storage - they have enough active players to feed multiple servers every day.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, FeyGriffin said:

Well, for a small tribe, we'd probably quit & just go play unofficial - 5x food drain would mean some creatures would need feeding more than 1x per 24 hours, and withg a tribe of 3 that's not always achievable. Solo players would probably mostly (90%+) Quit - good way to kill PvE.

Not 5x food drain, 5x reduced food drain. Hell, I have 10x reduced food drain on my cluster.

The best part is, it’s a separate setting from the main food drain and only affects tamed dinos, not wild ones in the process of taming, or baby food consumption as that too has its own setting.

5 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Not 5x food drain, 5x reduced food drain. Hell, I have 10x reduced food drain on my cluster.

The best part is, it’s a separate setting from the main food drain and only affects tamed dinos, not wild ones in the process of taming, or baby food consumption as that too has its own setting.

Oops, it's late & I missed that! Although it looks like you said 5x food drain & 5x reduced from stamina regen... not 5x reduced generally - original post:

Hello,

Sounds like all would benefit from a PvE only increase of dino food drain, say 5x larger and 5x reduced food drain when regeneration of stamina.

Regards,

Ariana 

If you didn't mean 5x food drain, why the "or would people go crazy just feeding their large stock of creatures" ?

20 hours ago, FeyGriffin said:

p.s. the only tribes this would have pretty much zero effect on are the huge tribes that are doing the storage - they have enough active players to feed multiple servers every day.

Hello again all,

I leveled food so that I could take a longer break but the hard part was getting 15 full feeding troughs when I logged back in. Sure a large tribe have people/slaves for this but still a large tribe also have many more creatures.

So I guess a small tribe have 1x food drain and a tribe with plus 100 creatures have 5x dino food drain.

I hope they find a way to make players think about what creatures they just feed and never use.

Regards,

Ariana 

On 8/9/2018 at 9:32 AM, ArkRage said:

But what happens when someone lifts a giga over a pen using a quetz? Something like that wouldn't "naturally" happen within the game, as gigas cant climb over gates, but trolls would dump a giga in someone's base out of spite, and is exactly why orp was introduced to pve. I'm in agreement with orp being removed because it takes away the "fear" of the survival when you're not there to look after your things on a 24/7 server, but the trolls ruined it for everyone with their crap.

if their that way inclined they will just do it while your online, only solution is to not have a terribly built base , would also like to see someone get a decent sized wild gig onto a q without it immediatly turning on said q and killing it  they aggro onto closest target rather than what last hit them. Now ORP is making servers unplayable with a flood of dumped dinos lying around beaches that will never, ever die. That is not playing either.

On 8/6/2018 at 11:02 PM, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

Regards,

Ariana 

This would make the game boring for just about every single legitimate player, we bought it to play other mechanics and not have a meat grind simulator.

Archived