Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DomiDarko

Ark Atlas - Pirate-mod or new map or what?

Recommended Posts

Just watched this on Jade Plays Games channel and this looks like the huge water map so many people asked for... What do you think? I really like the ocean's moving and isn't just a calm sea like on all other maps. And I'm always hyped if new items come to the game. A negative point: there seems to be a lack of creatures/animals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has Snail Games written all over it, and I bet that Wildcard never even touched this thing. It’s LITERALLY Sea of Thieves but with ark assets. Wildcard can do some strange stuff but they don’t seem like the type to go and blatantly copy a game because it’s popular. Snail games on the other hand is EXACTLY that type. The seemingly random quality/style of the assets used also smells like snail games, and the proverbial nail in the coffin: The Direbear has its old, outdated model. Snail has already been shown to not use the TLC redesigns so this just proves my point more.

I expect it’ll go into Early Access as soon as it’s officially revealed, while Dark and Light isn’t even finished AFAIK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it looks like an ark mod, because all that has changed is content and some mechanics

 

fallout 76 is literally on the same engine as fallout 4 with the same assets and developers yet somehow looks much more distinct and like its own game than Atlas does when compared to Ark

 

it looks like you just put a bunch of pirate/castles/canons mods into ark and downloaded a map with better water

 

if it were its own game they'd most likely make it look like its own distinct thing (at least reskinning the models) rather than making it so clear and blatant that they just ripped ark assets

 

I just hope it's a free mod rather than a paid DLC because it doesn't look worth money tbh, it's as content void as sea of thieves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, devilkingx2 said:

it looks like an ark mod, because all that has changed is content and some mechanics

 

fallout 76 is literally on the same engine as fallout 4 with the same assets and developers yet somehow looks much more distinct and like its own game than Atlas does when compared to Ark

 

it looks like you just put a bunch of pirate/castles/canons mods into ark and downloaded a map with better water

 

if it were its own game they'd most likely make it look like its own distinct thing (at least reskinning the models) rather than making it so clear and blatant that they just ripped ark assets

 

I just hope it's a free mod rather than a paid DLC because it doesn't look worth money tbh, it's as content void as sea of thieves

No, it's a a new game ! Look at the water, this is not the water of ARK at all ! Also, we don't see the ARK logo and the Studio Wildcard in the trailer ! So it's a new game by Snail Games and like Pixark and Dark an Light, they just took the ARK assets and codes to make a new game, which is ridiculous ... But it's Snail Games !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Supertoto said:

No, it's a a new game ! Look at the water, this is not the water of ARK at all ! Also, we don't see the ARK logo and the Studio Wildcard in the trailer ! So it's a new game by Snail Games and like Pixark and Dark an Light, they just took the ARK assets and codes to make a new game, which is ridiculous ... But it's Snail Games !

 

do you think changing the water is so absurdly complicated that they could not possibly do it without making an entirely new game?

 

I mean, it's not like they turned the game into a devil may cry styled hack n slash lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, devilkingx2 said:

 

do you think changing the water is so absurdly complicated that they could not possibly do it without making an entirely new game?

 

I mean, it's not like they turned the game into a devil may cry styled hack n slash lol

It's named "Atlas", not "ARK: Atlas" ! There's no mension of ARK in the trailer !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost certainly a new game. It’s actually a lot harder than you think to make a dramatic change to something as complicated as water in a game. Coding is tough, game development isn’t just “oh, lemme spend a day or so to code this new feature” it takes WEEKS to do this stuff, often more for massive changes like a large water physics change. @devilkingx2 It’s EXACTLY that absurdly complicated, and would require rewriting so much base code it’s a lot easier to just restart from the ground up rather than wreck everything and have to clean up the mess after you get the physics working kinda how you wanted. It doesn’t require an engine switch necessarily, Sea of Thieves is also unity and has pretty good water compared to ARK. However it isn’t just a matter of replacing some words and numbers and flipping some switches.

THIS is why I hate people who say “FIX UR GAME” all the time. You can’t just go and fix a bug, especially when these can be deeply hidden and the problem could be one letter out of place amongst billions. Saurian had to reverse a patch a few weeks ago due to a major performance issue and it took them 3 WEEKS to MAYBE fix it. It’s not as simple as you might think.

Major changes take longer with a somewhat small team like Wildcard, but it’s not hard when you’re a big corporation like Snail Games. They seem to be a Chinese version of EA and probably have cubicle farms working on this.

Plus, I see not one Specimen Implant or Obelisk anywhere. The ARK logo is also absent. This combined with the fact Wildcard IS ALREADY PROMOTING A MAJOR DLC, which is supposed to be the ending of ARK’s story, means this is certainly not a DLC. It won’t be part of ARK, it just has ripped assets, as Dark and Light does.

Its probably not anything to bat an eye at, looking at Snail’s past ARK ripoffs. Aside from PixArk they didn’t really get a lot of attention as far as I’m aware. Once this thing is released it’ll be forgotten within 3 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was made by Snailgames and they just clone ark to make abandonware so don't buy this game. Arkpark, dark and light, pixark etc are all examples of the kind of thing this shady company does. Expect this game to crash and burn like every other game they have made using arks assets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ryuk said:

This was made by Snailgames and they just clone ark to make abandonware so don't buy this game. Arkpark, dark and light, pixark etc are all examples of the kind of thing this shady company does. Expect this game to crash and burn like every other game they have made using arks assets.

"Abandonware" sounds like what will happen to ARK after Extinction releases!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figure since I noticed a mammoth, a Megalodon, and even a few dinosaurs... It's a new overhaul update for our modern ark that takes place in a genuine open world. (Earth.) Set to release after Extinction with the new assets, why else would they post the video on the Ark Survival Evolved channel? Unless someone in the company got bored and felt like showing off the stuff the companies didn't want to release. It seems a bit clutter headed to just up and release an entirely "New..." IP on another games official YouTube channel. 

Quick edit: If the theory that this is another snail games game... Why is every single word in the trailer and in-game in English?... And if this isn't an Ark based DLC/Update... Why would literally every single asset from ark be available?

Another quick edit: I noticed just now, skimming through the trailer that you have no specimen implant on your wrist in this... Well, whatever this is. But I think I may be revising my statement that this is Ark at all, this my friends... Is what a sellout company looks like. A new game with literally every asset being stolen from Ark to make a slightly prettier slightly cooler looking Ark with the same stupid AI and ugly old models, but with cooler wave physics, pirate ships, skeletons, and you know... It's literally Ark but Ark 1.2 I dunno folks, it feels like a cash grab to me, don't get your hopes up. This isn't Ark. It's a clone, which will undoubtedly cost a full $60, sorry to let you down.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A totally new game ? It should be a DLC. We asked for boats and a ocean-based DLC for so long!!! 

Maybe something that happen after Extinction. You know, once the Earth got cleaned from Element, no more tek, no more implants and humans start to re-colonize the world. And colonization means exploring the world, the seas... looking for treasures... It would be awesome as a DLC ! 

 

But it's probably a new game, no connection with ARK, just to get more money... Sad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...