A Guide to Pursuits

marcnesium

18 hours ago, RandomMac said:

I hate the grand voyage pursuit. I was half way until the progress bar stop go up and I travel for another 10 minute and it still hasn’t go up. I went back to my base and it still the same so I abandon it and now I can’t literally do anymore pursuit because I have to complete that first.

Mine too. But its only my first try, dont know what happend, just wasted my time. 

• 2 weeks later...

My most recent persuits (that I remember)

hunt; basilosaurus - kill 1

thay unlocks ‘need a bigger raft’ - kill 10 megalodons

hunt: T. rex - kill 2

When I reached level 90-92 I unlocked the hunt: giga, kill 1. Reward was a jm titanosaur saddle 

I think what persuits you get depend on what server: pve or pvp, and I think single player gives different lines too. I play on pve and I have one persuit left, I keep getting knowledge of forebears but I don’t think they count 

@tacolemons

Can you tell what that pursuit you mentioned here is about?

11THIS bug has wasted sooo much of my time. When I start a pursuit such as Nice to meet you too sometimes it randomly abandons or cancels it. I know that when you die it resets it but sometimes when I log off my progress resets. Also not only that sometime while playing the bar disapears and my progress resets.

A tip for the daily Pursuit: Target a baby Kairuku

I didn't had a couple for breeding to get a baby. But when I tamed a low level Kairuku it turned out it was still a puber and that's enough for the pursuit to complete. Much easier to do it this way then hatching an egg.

One headshot with an Toxicant arrow took him out without killing it.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Photography: Rare Species

Does anyone know the reward for the Pursuit Photography: Rare Species?? 

I had 3 of them (Titan, Megalosaurus, Leeds) and thought to be smart with the hardest, the Unicorn....I thought: I unclaim a tamed one and make the picture. But sadly that doesn’t work, unclaimed is not the same as wild. 
I also tried to breed a newborn and don’t claim it. Also that didn’t work. I waited (a long time) for the newborn to be grown up. It then really seems like a normal wilde creature, but the picture frame did not became green. When killing this creature the implant says UNCLAIMED. So although it looks like a wild it is still an unclaimed creature unfortunately.

That makes this pursuit really hard to complete. Next plan is to wait untill I’ve found another wild Unicorn, trap it and then go out to find the others.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:51 PM, UAEFalcon said:

the reward isnt worth it tbh storage chest and 10 amber 

failed at the first time kaprosuchus knocked me off the raft and the pursuit restarted 

Best way to do the grand voyage is to do a raft with walls and roof YouTube shows you how to lower foundations which protects the raft from water dinos and it will also protect you a little from the elements as well as a preserving bin for food and a little camp fire for added warmth. Pursuit takes about 30mins tho which is really annoying! And sometimes you lag and sign out the game when you log back on your under your raft nearly dead and having to start the pursuit all over lol not a fun pursuit!!

On 11/26/2018 at 6:02 PM, JB1980 said:

You might be right about differences.

I did see some Pursuits in video's I've never seen before (I'm SP). 

I saw a pursuit called 'The game' and 'How do you do'.

If someone knows more about them, please post it here are directly on the wiki page below:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Pursuits_(Mobile)

How do you do is wave to 5 other players and the game is kill players not sure on what you get for it as haven’t done either of them

Does anyone know how you get the special map that shows tribe members and allies on it? I’ve done all the pursuits with map icons next to them but one of them isn’t appearing on the list. It’s the one where you make a raft with a chair on it and sail to the edge of the map. I think that’s the only one I have left to do but can’t even get it to appear ??? I want the special map lol

On 8/3/2018 at 6:27 PM, SprayTan said:

I’d like to add that even though some quests may appear not to reward anything meaningful, they will still provide significant cup. For example, explorer notes give you 500 xp and 2x xp for a short amount of time. 

As for learning the engrams for the quests, beginners should spend their engrams freely to do all the quests. Keep in mind mindwipe tonic is easy to make and will give you all your Engram points back.

mind wipe isnt easy to make at low levels but at level 40 and if you live in the redwoods you might be able to make it

Archived