A Guide to Pursuits

marcnesium

As I once started playing the game the ingame (only mobile) pursuits provided guidance and helpful introduction, eg to build a home.

At later stages they provide you special loot after completion as well as with guidance to special places on the Island.

So far, I have not seen any detailed guide on the net, for example to decide which one to choose next if you are required to spend engram points and you are currently constraint on them.

Below are details to the pursuits I have finished recently (not including the very first ones) and I will complete the list as I will move on.

I would be glad if you also can contribute.

cheers

Task: hunt dilophosaurus

content: kill 3 dilos 

reward: ascendant bow (damage 178; no blueprint)

Task: Phiomia 3 (building house with metal items)

content: placing at least 4 foundations, 4 ceilings and 6 walls

reward: nothing

Task: hunt direbear

content: kill 2 direbears 

required engrams: large bear trap (12 points), longneck rifle (18)

asked equipment: craft 2 large bear traps and 10 rifle bullets (not needed to complete pursuit)

reward: journeyman longneck rifle blueprint (total of 5 crafts)

Task: hunt terror bird

content: kill 3 terror birds

required engrams: sword (11 points)

reward: ramshackle sword (damage 133; no blueprint)

Task: hunt argentavis

content: kill 8 argentavis

required engram: assault rifle (24 points)

asked equipment: fabricate assault rifle and full clip of ammo (not needed to complete)

reward: journeyman quetz saddle (armor: 63; no blueprint)

Task: In case I don‘t see ya

Content: craft and place a raft, place at least one piece of furniture on the raft and travel with it to the „edge of the world“ (I wasn’t killed by a leedsichty)

Required engram: wooden raft (11 points)

Reward: wooden bench (no blueprint)

Task: pro-hunt Carno

Content: kill 10 Carnos

Reward: Carnotaurus Trophy (for a trophy base)

Task: knowledge of your forebears

Content: find one Explorer Note (seems to reappear every once in a while)

Reward: nothing

XP: 500 (like finding a note without the pursuit)

Task: hunt araneo

content: kill 20 araneo

reward: ramshackle shotgun blueprint

Task: a pillar in the sky

content: visit/ explore all three obelisks

reward: nothing

XP: 400

task: pro-hunt rouffignac

content: kill 10 mammoths

reward: mammoth trophy (for display in a trophy base)

task: hunt T-Rex

content: kill 1 Rex

required engrams: fabricated pistol (18 engram points), advanced bullet (8)

asked equipment: 1 fabricated pistol and 30 advanced bullets

reward: ascendant assault rifle (blueprint; damage: 102; max 3 crafts in total) 

task: hunt raptor

content: kill 4 raptors

reward: mastercraft gallimimus saddle (no blueprint)

FYI: there's some pursuit that requires you to use spesific weapon or to craft something before you can do the main task. you can just skip to the main task if you want to, as example 'Hunt Argentavis' or 'Hunt Direbear' you can just kill the creatures to completed the pursuit. if you like to challenge yourself in a game don't use this method, otherwise you can use it to make everything more easier.

Task: Hunt Megapiranha

Content: Find and kill 5 Megapiranha (main task)

Reward: Soothing balm

Task: Hunt Giganotosaurus

Content: Find and kill Giganotosaurus (main task)

Reward: Apprentice titanosaur platform saddle

I’d like to add that even though some quests may appear not to reward anything meaningful, they will still provide significant cup. For example, explorer notes give you 500 xp and 2x xp for a short amount of time. 

As for learning the engrams for the quests, beginners should spend their engrams freely to do all the quests. Keep in mind mindwipe tonic is easy to make and will give you all your Engram points back.

10 hours ago, SoooWrong said:

It is even better if you guys can add how much exp (aprox) gained each pursuit, i don't know if it's different between pursuits or server type (hard/med/easy).

Theoretically yes, but too individualistic. Because most of the pursuits are hunting ones. And the generated XP also depends on the individual level of each creature/ Dino killed, not only on the level of your server type.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 4:55 AM, jeckylim said:

FYI: there's some pursuit that requires you to use spesific weapon or to craft something before you can do the main task. you can just skip to the main task if you want to, as example 'Hunt Argentavis' or 'Hunt Direbear' you can just kill the creatures to completed the pursuit. if you like to challenge yourself in a game don't use this method, otherwise you can use it to make everything more easier.

Task: Hunt Megapiranha

Content: Find and kill 5 Megapiranha (main task)

Reward: Soothing balm

Task: Hunt Giganotosaurus

Content: Find and kill Giganotosaurus (main task)

Reward: Apprentice titanosaur platform saddle

With the apprentice Titan saddle it is not nesesarily apprentice it’s random

Im sorry but the rewards such as:(quality)Item(blueprint;yes/no)are completely random(except the bow its either apprentice or ascendant)because i got a blueprint for ascendant longneck for 5 crafts,ascendant sword (not a blueprint)and an assault rifle blueprint.i can’t say much to argent pursuit because i haven’t reached that but for the other pursuits you usually get 2xp effect for knowledgeable of your forebears and 250/500 xp for other pursuits.

17 hours ago, DRG18AJ said:

Im sorry but the rewards such as:(quality)Item(blueprint;yes/no)are completely random(except the bow its either apprentice or ascendant)because i got a blueprint for ascendant longneck for 5 crafts,ascendant sword (not a blueprint)and an assault rifle blueprint.i can’t say much to argent pursuit because i haven’t reached that but for the other pursuits you usually get 2xp effect for knowledgeable of your forebears and 250/500 xp for other pursuits.

I will change the guide according to your hints. Argentavis pursuit still grants the quetz saddle, however. The XP granted depends on the difficulty you are playing on.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:53 PM, JB1980 said:

I’m afraid of leedsichty, I don’t want to die somewhere in the middle of the ocean...

Done. I took quite some precautions but had no trouble at all. The thing was a bit that I started off from a pininsula. Then it takes some more time before the indicator starts to get up.

But the info I needed was: you have to sail to the edge of the map. See screenshot.

XP: 300

01F90E9A-8C96-4517-BDBF-A6DD73EAA54D.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 9:53 PM, JB1980 said:

I’m afraid of leedsichty, I don’t want to die somewhere in the middle of the ocean...

I just read in the Q&A from yesterday that Leeds don't attack rafts on Mobile!

That makes it much safer to do this pursuit and the (new?) one sailing around the entire island! That will take a while!

Anyone already tried the Grand Voyage pursuit?

What a journey...I thought being smart bringing my Ptera and Megalodon.... that's no good...they get involved in fights with others so you need the wait. And if you accidentally mount the flyer or fall in the water you can start all over again! 

I was not even on 1/4 but no fun starting all over again! 

7 minutes ago, JB1980 said:

Anyone already tried the Grand Voyage pursuit?

What a journey...I thought being smart bringing my Ptera and Megalodon.... that's no good...they get involved in fights with others so you need the wait. And if you accidentally mount the flyer or fall in the water you can start all over again! 

I was not even on 1/4 but no fun starting all over again! 

the reward isnt worth it tbh storage chest and 10 amber 

failed at the first time kaprosuchus knocked me off the raft and the pursuit restarted 

• 2 weeks later...

So I couldn’t find any reference and this seemed the best place to ask without starting a dedicated topic for a simple question. How do I unlock Argentavis Hunt?  I unlocked the assault rifle and even crafted the darn thing but the pursuit doesn’t show up. Thoughts?  Are there prerequisite pursuits I need to finish?

Recently a 'required level' was added to the pursuit list. It will be pretty hard to find out, but it seems that some pursuits require that. Can be hard to find out it's your level, certain engrams or first completing other pursuits before certain Pursuits show up.

I recently did the Argy hunt, I was level 72 I think.

On 10/13/2018 at 9:51 PM, UAEFalcon said:

the reward isnt worth it tbh storage chest and 10 amber 

failed at the first time kaprosuchus knocked me off the raft and the pursuit restarted 

Just finished this pursuit (not many left..), for those who are planning to do it:

- Took me about 45 minutes real time, day and a half game time

- Build stone walls on my raft to prevent falling of accidentally

- Had a Ptera (passive) with me for taking me home (be careful not mounting it, you might have to start over again)

- Only got attacked by a Sarco twice

Now for the 250 Dodo pursuit....that will take some more time I guess....I will start it when there is no Daily pursuit I can finish.

Archived