Building and Connecting Pipes?

MackTheKnife

Scorched Earth has almost no water, save the river area. I am built at the very far south pool on the right side. I made a pipeline from the lake all the way up towards the high flat rocks.

I have built a greenhouse on the second to last rock pillar. The pipeline was started from two directions to converge at a point midair. 

The problem is that I cannot seem to connect the pipes and I made a hell of a mess in trying to. Can’t destroy the pipes. (Metal) The results are always uneven and they will never level.

So I was wondering..if I placed both sides of the pipeline down on the ground and used a straight cable to connect, would it even itself out or would they be obstructed? I think it would let all be uneven no matter what I do. 

So how can I fix this? 

What I did to make things straight is I mount a water reservoir on a pillar snapped to my base.  From there I can attach pipes and they will be perfectly straight to my base,  ps ,  you don’t need to run a water line all the way to water- you can just set up a water reservoir tree and with enough water collection from  moisture over time you can have more water than you need.

28 minutes ago, D4u2s0t said:

No, it doesn't work that way.  You need to start and keep going in 1 direction, you can't start in different areas then connect them.  If you need to branch off, use the intersections.

So..how in the hell do I demolish the 200 pipes I wasted on the cliff side? I really don’t wanna carry my tribemate and personally demolish all of them.  Guess I’ll have to leave it and have a very ugly irrigation system.

Damnit Ark :(

51 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

What I did to make things straight is I mount a water reservoir on a pillar snapped to my base.  From there I can attach pipes and they will be perfectly straight to my base,  ps ,  you don’t need to run a water line all the way to water- you can just set up a water reservoir tree and with enough water collection from  moisture over time you can have more water than you need.

Ehhh I just like to eliminate my paranoia and get a guaranteed unlimited supply of water from a direct pipe. Maybe I wanna have a dozen taps. It’s a big greenhouse 

If you do pipes high in the air... not much u can do aside from using a quetzal.   What I do with old stone lines on ab that are low enough,  I agro a paracer and then let it stomp around breaking my old lines.  But lines all over the screen just ruins the experience a little bit.  When far from water build a metal line up and make a tree with metal reservoirs using the reservoirs as leaves and intersection pipes as branches,  built on top of your base off to a corner......you need more water?  Add more branches up and up as high as you need.

Archived