Thylacaleo's?

Pagani2003

This has been discussed in the past.

While it sounds nice, the thyla's climbing is way too crude. Aberration walls are anything but straight, you'll get stuck climbing halfway up one, because the incline becomes too steep and flips you upside down. Also you can't climb sideways like other mounts, it would be underwhelming.

11 hours ago, Eanaya said:

I'd love them on Ab, and not. They're by far my favorite land mount for their versatility, the climbing ability, while not perfect for Ab (we need Megalanias too! ;)), would still be useful and I bet they'd look amazing. I just don't like wild ones falling from trees, hence the "and not" lol

Technically I bet you can transfer megalanias to ab, since there actually is an aberrant megalania in the game files.

Thyla won't be added unless Wildcard has a change of heart, tahts for sure. Even if they are to be added, chances are they won't be radiation-proof, like most of the mammal (excluding Purlovia)

And even though Megalania can (maybe?) be brought over to Aberration ARK, keep in mind if isn't radiation-proof unlike its unreleased aberrant counterpart.

23 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

This has been discussed in the past.

While it sounds nice, the thyla's climbing is way too crude. Aberration walls are anything but straight, you'll get stuck climbing halfway up one, because the incline becomes too steep and flips you upside down. Also you can't climb sideways like other mounts, it would be underwhelming.

Still though, it sounds nice and would still make sense to add Thyla's to aberration.

• 2 months later...

Just to say, having spawned wild thylo into an ab private server. They are far from useless. 

The fact you can't climb every service stops them ruining the challenge of the map in my opinion, but climbing some bits allows for easier exploration 

They basically become a tanky Ravager that can climb certain areas. 

Mine has become my primary mount currently. 

Now if only I could have tree platforms too

Archived