BaldBudgie

Oh I'd LOVE them on Aberration. They seem to be THE cave dwellers (because on all other maps, they spawn in caves, and Ragnarok is different in many ways lol). An aberrant version even DOES exist, you can spawn it in on SP or unofficial, and it looks AMAZING.

The reason why they're not on officials is probably PvP related... something like too many opportunities to use them, too easy to hide on the ceiling, too easy to get anywhere with their climbing ability without having to get a Rock Drake.

Generally, WC maybe wants us to use Rock Drakes. While probably stronger and tougher, they're bigger and easier to spot than Megalania, harder to "tame", can't be bred and don't have the lizard aids ability, so Rock Drakes might at least to some extent be reduced to their gliding ability (in PvP). In PvE I can only imagine they could be quite bothersome, depending on where they spawn. Just imagine the green biome being terrorized by armies of them - but judging by what they did to Raptors, I CAN NOT believe they're concerned about us enough to make that a reason :P

51 minutes ago, Eanaya said:

but judging by what they did to Raptors, I CAN NOT believe they're concerned about us enough to make that a reason :P

Lol how right you are! 

OP.. I dunno, they' basicly a rock drake with less hp, melee and can't glide. Imo they're not that easy a tame compared to other animals. 

PVP wise, if devs think they're too easy to get maybe they could make the Aberrant Megalania tame differently than normal megalanias. Maybe they should be tamed with nameless venom too or something.

I just feel like, mobility wise, aberration is missing a tier. You got ravagers that can get about decent with the help of (to low-mid lvl players expensive) zip lines, to karkinos that can somewhat jump high and far. And then you got rock drake that can climb, jump far and basicly fly.

2 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

Why isn't megalanias in aberration?

I bitched about this at release, and i'll continue to bitch about it until they're added or someone's telling me a legit reason!

They can't even fix holes in the mesh to prevent drakes and other dinos glitching through and flying into space. As much as it would make sense to have Megalanias, they are the last thing needed to be done to Aberr.

1 hour ago, BaldBudgie said:

Lol how right you are! 

OP.. I dunno, they' basicly a rock drake with less hp, melee and can't glide. Imo they're not that easy a tame compared to other animals. 

PVP wise, if devs think they're too easy to get maybe they could make the Aberrant Megalania tame differently than normal megalanias. Maybe they should be tamed with nameless venom too or something.

I just feel like, mobility wise, aberration is missing a tier. You got ravagers that can get about decent with the help of (to low-mid lvl players expensive) zip lines, to karkinos that can somewhat jump high and far. And then you got rock drake that can climb, jump far and basicly fly.

No they're not an easy tame considering how long they take and how they inhale narcotics like it's nothing, but I think they're easier to get than Rock Drakes, with the Drakes' only advantage being that they can glide. I'm not entirely sure about damage and health, they probably can't reach the Drake, but I figure Megalania could get pretty decent with some breeding and mutations, which is not an option for the Drake. Also, once you have a decent Megalania breeding pair, you virtually have unlimited supply of offsprings, but always have to go to steal Drake eggs, and even if you happen to find a high level, it can still have cheesy stats. I see the Drakes as the Wyverns of Aberration, there's little they have to fear, but they can only be as good as the egg they hatched from.

Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised if they just "forgot" to add Megalania and hoped noone would notice lol >.< but maybe they'll be added later, like the Ape and Bear were >.<

6 minutes ago, Demerus said:

They can't even fix holes in the mesh to prevent drakes and other dinos glitching through and flying into space. As much as it would make sense to have Megalanias, they are the last thing needed to be done to Aberr.

But that would just be one line in the code if at all (since the model already exists), vs fixing bugs they may not even know how to fix >.<

1 minute ago, BaldBudgie said:

Have to disagree @Eanaya. Drakes are extremely mobile combat mounts with high base melee and hp. Megalanias has decent hp, nothing compared with a drake though,  and poop melee. But they got pretty good mobility and weight. 

ok that I was wondering. I've only ever owned 3 Megalanias (sadly, because I just love how they look, but they're fairly useless in PvE on other maps), so I can't say much about their stats or how good they can get through breeding and mutations. I figured not as good as a Drake, but maybe somewhat decent as a substitute?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, EnoughAlready said:

Ab dimorphs exist, I have 1

Regular dimorphs can be transferred, I have 14 on ab

Lastly megalania can be transferred either full grown or fert egg as I have 12 on ab.

Sure its possible to transfer or spawn all kinds of dinos, but my point is, it doesnt make sense the megalania isn't native to ab.

Not everyone plays official or cluster. I only play the maps with the dinos intended for the map.

Good to know you can transfer in the megalania. That would be nice to have something other than a drake if you needed to climb around. Also thylas in abb would be great too since from what I've read on a wiki you can bring them into the Rockwell fight. Abb thylas would be awesome but omg the redwoods all over would so not be a fun place to be lol.

Archived