Seeking Alpha Broodmother solo advice

RipRavage

So I wanted to take on the Alpha Broodmother in single player and was curious as to what stats I would need on Megatheriums to do so.  I’ve beaten the beta quite a few times with a mix of rexes and Megatheriums, but it’s always a close call for a few rexes.  I would like to do it with just Megatheriums to spare my boss rexes from dying, so are the following stats in the ballpark?

Megatherium base stats

HP 6000

Melee 350

Post leveling stats

HP 20000

Melee 500 - 600

Saddles 60-70 armor

and yes I have a Yutyrannus

Thanks for any advice

From the tests i saw on the steam forums, with 13k health megatheriums (80 armor saddles) 10 out of the 19 that entered survived the fight (no pigs but 1 yuti), and they did kill it the survivors had 1k health left with a few that had 4k left.

The problem with soloing her with these guys, seems to be the bug killer buff, not all of them will have it all the time as its random who gets the kill on the adds.

With 20k health you will most likely suffer less loses, but  judging from what i read your still going to lose a few regardless.

Personally i would stick with using Rexes with ~50K health and the rest pumped into dmg for a save solo experience, and if you want to really be sure throw a couple of bred pigs into the mix as well.

*edit:  This all changes if you use the "singplayer setting" that makes everything easier, but since you dint mention that i take it your playing on a official like setting.

2 hours ago, lordbufu said:

From the tests i saw on the steam forums, with 13k health megatheriums (80 armor saddles) 10 out of the 19 that entered survived the fight (no pigs but 1 yuti), and they did kill it the survivors had 1k health left with a few that had 4k left.

The problem with soloing her with these guys, seems to be the bug killer buff, not all of them will have it all the time as its random who gets the kill on the adds.

With 20k health you will most likely suffer less loses, but  judging from what i read your still going to lose a few regardless.

Personally i would stick with using Rexes with ~50K health and the rest pumped into dmg for a save solo experience, and if you want to really be sure throw a couple of bred pigs into the mix as well.

*edit:  This all changes if you use the "singplayer setting" that makes everything easier, but since you dint mention that i take it your playing on a official like setting.

I don’t play with single player setting, I also override max difficulty to 5 so it mimics official servers.  Just from the health loss I see on my 30k HP rexes whenever I run Beta I’m certain they would all die if I took them into Alpha Broodmother.  My rexes have a base HP of 11000 and melee of 366 before imprinting, do I don’t think I could hit 50k hp and still have a decent melee stat.

We run alpha on official servers every week with 19 rex and 1 yuti. 35k health 750+ melee minimum 80 armour saddles. We tend to walk out with around 10k health left on rex never less and haven't come close to looking one yet. Mega don't work well if unridden as many don't get the bug buff so you are likely to loose them. 

• 8 months later...

I know your asking about megatheiums, but wanted to share my experience as it might give you some idea what to expect.  I took on the alpha recently.  I play with single player settings checked, but also server override of 5. I went in with 18 rexes, all. Breed and most if not all 100% imprinted. All had between 30-50k health,  600-900% melee,  and all had 100+ saddles. Plus 1 leveled up wild tamed yuty. She killed 7 of them.  But, that might be because I didn't get them all to surround her effectively.  In any case, I came back with 10 rexes. And 1 yuty(1 rex got lost somewhere in transport). However, those 10 rexes once healed turned right around and beat the beta. And they also beat the alpha ape. 

44 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

Vanilla Dino stats. What do you think could do it? Is it impossible with prim only saddles?

Would still be tough but possibly Theri's. They at least can get a bit of a healing buff with veggie cakes. I think I'd go 18 Theri's, 1 Yuty, 1 Daeodon if having to use prim saddles. If solo, ride Daeodon and place Yuty on courage roar and turret mode.

If Yuty isn't showing that option, I think I'd replace it with another Theri for more DPS. Yuty is a huge help but you'll be fighting out hitting the Brood and will want as much hp regen as you can get.

Archived