HenryDo

Unable to watch Ads for gift and ambers

I went to watch a video for amber and after it didnt give me any amber and became so laggy its unplayable and wont allow me to watch anymore videos almost like the gane thinks im still watching the video. Ive spent way to many days and hours on mobile and dont wanna lose my stuff.

Lol its all good i just dont know how to fix it. Sometimes spamming the amber icon in the top left for about 5 min really fast gets it to work again but it always comes back every so often like right now mine has veen doing it for 6 hours so far.....the most its done this by far

this doesn’t apply if you are watching ads and not getting the Amber for it.

However, if you can’t watch a video, even after the timer runs out, often it’s because there are no new ads to view. Advertisers buy set amount of ads and once that number of ads are viewed there are none left to watch. (Ive seen lots of people posting about this particular bug myself included)

think of it like a jar of candy.

The jar gets filled with candy.

You are allowed to take one piece every 6 minutes.

All your friends show up and take a piece of candy.

The next time your 6 minutes runs out all the candy is gone, the jar is empty til mum buys more and fills it back up.

candy = ads.   Friends = other players. Mum = advertisers who pay for our Amber

as for the amber not showing up after watching... 

On 10/2/2018 at 3:48 AM, ScreamingViolet said:

this doesn’t apply if you are watching ads and not getting the Amber for it.

However, if you can’t watch a video, even after the timer runs out, often it’s because there are no new ads to view. Advertisers buy set amount of ads and once that number of ads are viewed there are none left to watch. (Ive seen lots of people posting about this particular bug myself included)

think of it like a jar of candy.

The jar gets filled with candy.

You are allowed to take one piece every 6 minutes.

All your friends show up and take a piece of candy.

The next time your 6 minutes runs out all the candy is gone, the jar is empty til mum buys more and fills it back up.

candy = ads.   Friends = other players. Mum = advertisers who pay for our Amber

as for the amber not showing up after watching... 

That makes a lot of sense actually bc other games do it

Not getting Amber after watching ad, then button is greyed out and the timer stuck at 0:00. After a while it clears and I can press button again, but still no Amber after watching the ad.

This has happened about 6 times in a row.

Primal Pass user playing on official pve server using an iPhone 8+

20 hours ago, ScuTarski said:

Not getting Amber after watching ad, then button is greyed out and the timer stuck at 0:00. After a while it clears and I can press button again, but still no Amber after watching the ad.

This has happened about 6 times in a row.

Primal Pass user playing on official pve server using an iPhone 8+

This is an internet error. Any time this happens, restart your phone and it will be fixed.

Posted (edited)

Same issue, Galaxy tab S3, PVX unoffical server. Turokian dinosaur fun land. 

I as well have primal pass.

Ads wont load, then stall out have to exit and reload game. Havent watched ads all weekend. 

To say the ad host runs out of ads is a crap excuse, our game gives us an add every 15 mins. If the ad host runs out of ads, (DILO is that even possible) then the timer would ve adjusted to match the ad hosts rate. 

That candy jar explination is wrong, condisending and asine. 

Edited by gorefangs

14 hours ago, gorefangs said:

Same issue, Galaxy tab S3, PVX unoffical server. Turokian dinosaur fun land. 

I as well have primal pass.

Ads wont load, then stall out have to exit and reload game. Havent watched ads all weekend. 

To say the ad host runs out of ads is a crap excuse, our game gives us an add every 15 mins. If the ad host runs out of ads, (DILO is that even possible) then the timer would ve adjusted to match the ad hosts rate. 

That candy jar explination is wrong, condisending and asine. 

The candy jar explanation is absolutely correct. If too many people are watching ads and not clicking on the advertisements to follow through, the company will limit the number of ads shown to our player base, which is what was happening to the people in the original form of this forum. Your issue is different, and new. We are aware of crashes that can happen when you attempt to watch ads on android. Please fill out a bug report form for this, if you can spot specific ads that cause the crash that would be helpful. The form is in the Bug Report post pinned to the top of this forum. And please, in the future, refrain from being toxic because you are frustrated.