A unique problem.

Toxic187

So, this problem happened a while back and i've just been living with it, but i didn't realize its severity until recently. 

I play on a cluster server. Rag/Center.  And one day I used my transmitter to move from Rag to Center and then finished playing and logged out. Well, a roll back happened on the Rag server, and the next time i tried to log in, i had the same character on both Rag and Center. I didn't understand how big of a problem this was until I went to use an Ob for a boss fight. Everytime I access an Ob, Drop, or Transmitter the game crashes on me. If i were just trying to switch servers it wasn't a problem, i simply log onto the other server. But I'm now realizing I can not transfer dinos, I can't run boss fights, or transfer servers. I put a ticket into Wild card but they are busy and slow to respond. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem? Its the same on both servers. I crash the game any time I try to use one of these things. 

If it was me... while I waited for a response I would try each character out to see if one of them works, if one does work ok..I would upload the non working character into an unused holding server. If neither character functions properly, nothing to do but wait for GM help, this is the first time I’ve heard of a character “duping” I would avoid transferring my main character to and from ragnarok tbh in future... it’s rollback hell

Interesting problem indeed, I'd try both characters out with the most functionality and of course whichever one your tames have imprints on. once you have minimized it to the the character you like then contemplate if you want to take the risk of deleting the other one. (id personally keep the other one till you get the help ticket answered / Use the other character should it be in game physically as a body bag to move loot around :P

Just my 2 cents of knowledge.

Good luck and keep us posted for anyone who may experience this in the future.

3 hours ago, Toxic187 said:

Tried that. It still crashes the game. Because I still have a character on each server. I need a way to wipe my character completely from the server maybe? 

What happens when you overwrite the char? Do you have the same problems with the new char?

Did you try to kill the overwritten char (= drown/lure dinos)?

Did you try to kill one char on a server and not respawn?

Creating a new character will delete the old one. You will also lose all of your Dino's, structures, etc, on that particular sever that's tied to the tribe you were in- unless of course you have a friend in the tribe that can reinvite your new character to the tribe. I've never heard of the issue your having before, so, I mean I would definitely leave the ticket so a dev can look into it, eventually, and potentially fix the problem or throw it on the devs LONG LIST of bugs ? that need to be dealt with. 

killing said character on the center server and making a new character on center should make you able to acess the ob..... then if that works i would xfer the character off the center to some random server id never play and forget about it.... that should solve the problem if u dont get that crash acter making a new character on center ._.

On 8/1/2018 at 2:09 AM, Weiss said:

What happens when you overwrite the char? Do you have the same problems with the new char?

Did you try to kill the overwritten char (= drown/lure dinos)?

Did you try to kill one char on a server and not respawn?

Yes, i tried all of these. And the problem persist. 

On 8/1/2018 at 4:28 PM, Sagefoxwood said:

killing said character on the center server and making a new character on center should make you able to acess the ob..... then if that works i would xfer the character off the center to some random server id never play and forget about it.... that should solve the problem if u dont get that crash acter making a new character on center ._.

I've tried this. Killing the character and then making a new doesn't solve the problem. It still crashes when i try to use the ob. :(   I think it has something to do with my account on Xbox. Because when i log into my other account, it works just fine. 

Archived