Lost Survivor :(

vantheman

Yeah it finally happened to me after thousands of hours of  gameplay,   sadly it was my only character and lost it due to a server rollback right after I had transferred servers.  I want to know what others have done when this has happened to them? what help did they get?.  In my case I was owner of a tribe in 2 different servers and admin on another, the tribe settings where set to personally owned so all dinos that belonged to my character cant be unclaimed by other tribe mates and many of the imprinted by my lost survivor.  I love this game and this is the first time I am considering quiting, 7k + hrs and losing all just like that hurts.  Any suggestions or comments on what I should do are welcome?

From what I heard they will get you a character at the same level but you will lose imprints and tek/engrams, a GM usually shows up to make the bases yours again but unfortunately that’s about it. I’m curious was it ragnarok you were transferring to when this happened? As someone with the same amount of hours I can imagine how much this sucks, sry to hear it man and good luck with the issue. I transfer my main all over most maps but when it comes to ragnarok I just make a new character there and only transfer items to him, too many rollback there to risk a character tbh

This happened yesterday when I transferred from official pve aberration 270 to scorched earth 85 was in game about a min or so and server crashed, the  rollback  was about 20 min. After I tried to join I no longer had option to spawn my character in or download it. Only option was to create new one.  I went back to 270 see my survivor was there and it's not nor do I get an option to spawn in one of the tribe's beds.

Ok more info on what just happened,  today I had a tribe mate log in to the server then I had these two options : spawn survivor or create survivor. ( note that I no longer had option to spawn in tribe's bed) I picked spawn survivor and to my surprise it was my survivor that I thought was lost but I was no longer in any tribe. My friend then tried to invite me to the tribe but it would not work so I left the server to my aberration server see if I was out the tribe there too.  Happy to say that this time I did have the option to spawn in  tribe's bed. Long story short I went back to 85 where I was no longer in the tribe but after transferring this time I did have option to spawn in tribe's and all was back to normal.  Had no invite to rejoin or nothing it just fixed it self.

I don't know if this can help others who have had the same problem and thought all was lost, just don't make the mistake of creating new survivor just cause you no longer see the option to spawn in your tribe.

If it occurs for real though, contact support as soon as you can. If you are in a solo tribe you have to be very lucky, because generally the wait list of support is longer than the dino decay timer. If you are with other people, when you get your appointment the gm will be able to transfer tribe and dino ownerships as needed- However, they no longer refund lost characters. I am not 100% sure but I think they only level you to 90, no tekgrams. As the vast majority of the xp gained is after 90, you might as well do this yourself and keep playing while you wait.

Archived