breeding baby dino floor question

ickleMrG

Hi all.

Wondered if anyone could help.

When we used to breed, you needed to make sure the babies were on solid ground, not foundations or anything, as they used to glitch through and be unable to feed them etc.

Is this still the case or is it now ok to raise babies on foundations.

Any one who can help would be very much appreciated.?

i have previously been hatching on foundations but having a 'pit' in the room with slopes to the physical ground. as soon as they are born, move them over to the pit.  Its more of, could i leave them on foundations for the whole of their baby period, including going out of render to fetch meat or something??

Or is it just safer to use the ground?

Just now, d1nk said:

I always hatch on ground floor. Ive had way to many babies fall through ceilings or foundations. Out of thousands of babies in my time not a single one has fallen through the ground. Dont know what that other person is talking about

I always have a section in my base thats on the ground for this purpose. Good luck!

We had 3 sheep fall through the ground in the past few weeks I've started playing again alone. Lucky you to never have it happen, but we put up a 2x2 ceiling attached to pillars for that very reason. If they fall through, cool. It was there so we could grab them from under it. If they do not, cool again. Just whistle them down. It's a simple precaution to keep you from ever losing your babies or having to destroy part of your base. It was never an issue we had up until the last map we built on, but all it takes is one time for it to happen in a max build limit zone with a bought egg and we will never trust foundations or flat on the ground again. 

1 hour ago, MandaBear said:

We had 3 sheep fall through the ground in the past few weeks I've started playing again alone. Lucky you to never have it happen, but we put up a 2x2 ceiling attached to pillars for that very reason. If they fall through, cool. It was there so we could grab them from under it. If they do not, cool again. Just whistle them down. It's a simple precaution to keep you from ever losing your babies or having to destroy part of your base. It was never an issue we had up until the last map we built on, but all it takes is one time for it to happen in a max build limit zone with a bought egg and we will never trust foundations or flat on the ground again. 

Ah yeah sheep, theyve always done that since release of em. Sheep rockets lol

For birthing I have always used solid ground in the "pit" style you mentioned and it has mostly worked out ok. Drakes are the biggest problem as even on solid ground they sink into the mesh as they grow. If I don't move them every day or two then I can expect to find my drakes underground with maybe a few feathers sticking out if I am lucky. I haven't lost any to the underworld yet but I expect it is just a matter of time lol.

Archived