Nerfing Pegomastax

Soundiboi

Make the pego not able to kill takes while player is offline. It is really annoying

If the bold font isn't enough to say, we all know the pain of losing 4 tames from a pego because your animals were on passive, either reduce the pego to only pickpocketing or make all animals neutral when attacked or when the owner of the animal goes offline, I can't even, i would rather have them removed but this is it.

Or why not build walls and ceilings so no line of sight is there. For players and other wild creatures.

In PvE test line of sight with Argent. Setting Argentavis to aggressive and high range then unclaim a dino inside your build but make sure you can whistle just the Argent by ordering group before you set it to aggressive.

Once that is done and tested enable some in house turrets maybe plant X.

Edit: if you place outside turrets make sure they can handle all wild creatures on the map. So think twice when you aggro creatures.

I like the Pego to take higher tier stuff since people fill up junk just to lower the odds.

/Ariana

2 hours ago, Sagefoxwood said:

im my experience glitching into the dloor is only a visual problem re-rendering usually fixes it without you even having to move them, and speaking from experience we do house 20plus rexes over water :)

The problem is that hit boxes aren't rendered when the zone isn't rendered. Physics take effect faster than the rendering of models and colliders. It is very possible for a Dino to fall through the floor completely because of this. It's not just visual.  It's also possible for a wild Dino to agro and unrendered Dino through a wall and proceed to just walk up and kill it despite the Dino being locked inside a sealed building. 

We've had a beaver spawn inside our greenhouse, 14 levels above the ground, and all manner of creatures gnaw on our tames over the years after glitching through BG, metal walls/floors/ceilings, etc.  I'm positive that some of these were gifts from admins, but #whocares.  It's part of the game, flawed or not, that we love.  I'm sure that I've been tempted to run to the forums to cry for a nerf of <insert pita creature here> every time I've lost a favorite tame, but so far I've always resisted the urge.  

It's not easy.  That's what makes it fun.

Archived