Mutations and level do not seem right...

Xenithar

I am still wrapping my head around mutations and level. I bred a level 310 rex which has nine total mutations. I believe it is six on the father's side and three on the mother's side. First, the stats.

Stats

This works out for me to be the following:

• Health: 71
  • Stamina: 60
  • Oxygen: 19
  • Food: 25
  • Weight: 60
  • Melee: 70
  • Speed: 5

This doesn't make sense since the parents had 11 points and 14 points in speed and everything added up. Is it somehow possible to lose points in speed? Also, is my understanding that every mutation adds two levels to a stat. With nine total mutations that means 18 levels are mutated. Is this correct? The speed does NOT look right to me, but maybe I calculated the others incorrectly.

9 hours ago, Xenithar said:

I am still wrapping my head around mutations and level. I bred a level 310 rex which has nine total mutations. I believe it is six on the father's side and three on the mother's side. First, the stats.

Stats

This doesn't make sense since the parents had 11 points and 14 points in speed and everything added up. Is it somehow possible to lose points in speed? Also, is my understanding that every mutation adds two levels to a stat. With nine total mutations that means 18 levels are mutated. Is this correct? The speed does NOT look right to me, but maybe I calculated the others incorrectly.

The parents potentially both shared the same mutation, in which case only one is applied.

Mutations don't stack on top of existing stats, but rather modify them. So don't think of a melee mutation as a flat +2 point melee increase to a child but rather a +2 point increase to that particular parent's stat, which then remains the same when passed along unless a new mutation occurs- the other parent's mutations in this stat are irrelevant, since the baby gets the stat from the mom or the dad, not a combination of both.

However, regardless of the outcome, all the mutations from each parent are listed in the ancestry.

13 hours ago, Xenithar said:

Stats

you cannot have these stats on official servers with just 9 mutations.

i suspect you are trying to get these numbers with dododex.

2 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

you cannot have these stats on official servers with just 9 mutations.

i suspect you are trying to get these numbers with dododex.

This is on The Island, and is very possible. I spent months taming 120 rexes and, once knocked out, only kept ones which had "very high" for HP, Stam, Food, Weight, or Dam. After that, I bred pairs until I got all five of those stats into one single rex. This also took time. The first one with decent stats was a female I named "Rose" and she hatched at 299. I kept breeding and getting mutations (killing the ones with the mutation not in HP or Dam) until I had mutations only in HP and Dam. I then bred those two (three mutations each, IIRC) into one, and then bred it until I got here. I literally JUST bred and hatched a baby while testing a theory that got the level down. I tamed a wild level four female with the baby of the one listed above and after two tries I got a baby with 0 points in oxygen and 0 in speed. The level 4 mom has a point in HP, Stam, Weight, and Dam only. I tamed her at level 4 and she wound up level five, so it works out. So I now have a baby at level 287, fully imprinted, with MEAN stats. My goal is to eventually hatch a 50k HP/1000% Dam rex and then reproduce it for boss battles.

Proof? Here you go! Oh and the 310 in question may have been bugged. I logged in today and the 310 was displaying 317 as I thought it should. Maybe just a glitch.

Wraith, level 287 and MEAN!

If you have questions I can answer them, including about the four wild ones I tamed and what their stats are to start all of this. I killed a LOT of 120's which were "average" according to Dododex...

1 hour ago, Xenithar said:

This is on The Island, and is very possible. I spent months taming 120 rexes and, once knocked out, only kept ones which had "very high" for HP, Stam, Food, Weight, or Dam. After that, I bred pairs until I got all five of those stats into one single rex. This also took time. The first one with decent stats was a female I named "Rose" and she hatched at 299. I kept breeding and getting mutations (killing the ones with the mutation not in HP or Dam) until I had mutations only in HP and Dam. I then bred those two (three mutations each, IIRC) into one, and then bred it until I got here. I literally JUST bred and hatched a baby while testing a theory that got the level down. I tamed a wild level four female with the baby of the one listed above and after two tries I got a baby with 0 points in oxygen and 0 in speed. The level 4 mom has a point in HP, Stam, Weight, and Dam only. I tamed her at level 4 and she wound up level five, so it works out. So I now have a baby at level 287, fully imprinted, with MEAN stats. My goal is to eventually hatch a 50k HP/1000% Dam rex and then reproduce it for boss battles.

Proof? Here you go! Oh and the 310 in question may have been bugged. I logged in today and the 310 was displaying 317 as I thought it should. Maybe just a glitch.

Wraith, level 287 and MEAN!

If you have questions I can answer them, including about the four wild ones I tamed and what their stats are to start all of this. I killed a LOT of 120's which were "average" according to Dododex...

is this on official ? this is not possible on official and with only 9 mutations. nobody has tamed rex stats this high , let alone with lvl 120's.
i see your day counter on 766 so i guess this is single player. here it is probably possible, dont know how.

i think even on wild level 180 tek rex official taming this is extremely hard to do.

26 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

is this on official ? this is not possible on official and with only 9 mutations. nobody has tamed rex stats this high , let alone with lvl 120's.
i see your day counter on 766 so i guess this is single player. here it is probably possible, dont know how.

i think even on wild level 180 tek rex official taming this is extremely hard to do.

You can "clean" a rex of mutations by repeatedly breeding the line with a tamed (0 mut) one, or something, I am told

Hang on, I'll go get the parent stats and share them. This is on a dedicated server (PowerEdge 2900) with mostly stock settings. PvP, offline protection, flyers can carry, etc. I run S+, Platforms+, Snappy Saddles, and Classic Flyers, but none should affect land dinos in any way. The only changes made to dinos is that i disabled the bionic rex and stegos. Well, I replaced them with normal ones. I also disabled Tek due to the insane amount of OP it is. Others who use my cluster have also found 120 rexes with one stat that says "very high".

Female 120, tamed to 179:

• HP: 30
  • Stam: 60
  • Oxy: 16
  • Food: 16
  • Weight: 23
  • Dam: 22
  • Speed: 11

Male 120, tamed to 179:

• HP: 24
  • Stam: 20
  • Oxy: 19
  • Food: 23
  • Weight: 50
  • Dam: 23
  • Speed: 19

• Oxy: 23
  • Weight: 21
  • Dam: 49
  • Speed 15

Male 120, tamed to 179:

• HP: 54
  • Stam: 27
  • Oxy: 10
  • Weight: 19
  • Dam: 26
  • Speed: 17

After breeding these to eventually make two pair, each with two "very high" stats, I mated them into one with all four "very high" stats. This is where the mutations began. Also note that it took hundreds of knock-outs to find these four, slaughtering all rexes daily to spawn in more, and much more. This also took place prior to the changes which prevent perfect-taming (179). I believe the highest you can go with a wild 120 is about 178 now, right? I haven't tamed one wild in ages, less the level 4 which was used to drop some levels off while retaining stats.

*EDIT*

You mean I can lose the mutation counter and keep the stats? I have never heard of "cleaning" mutations.

22 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

Hang on, I'll go get the parent stats and share them. This is on a dedicated server (PowerEdge 2900) with mostly stock settings. PvP, offline protection, flyers can carry, etc. I run S+, Platforms+, Snappy Saddles, and Classic Flyers, but none should affect land dinos in any way. The only changes made to dinos is that i disabled the bionic rex and stegos. Well, I replaced them with normal ones. I also disabled Tek due to the insane amount of OP it is. Others who use my cluster have also found 120 rexes with one stat that says "very high".

• HP: 30
  • Stam: 60
  • Oxy: 16
  • Food: 16
  • Weight: 23
  • Dam: 22
  • Speed: 11

Male 120, tamed to 179:

• Oxy: 19
  • Food: 23
  • Weight: 50
  • Dam: 23
  • Speed: 19

• Oxy: 23
  • Weight: 21
  • Dam: 49
  • Speed 15

Male 120, tamed to 179:

• HP: 54
  • Stam: 27
  • Oxy: 10
  • Weight: 19
  • Dam: 26
  • Speed: 17

After breeding these to eventually make two pair, each with two "very high" stats, I mated them into one with all four "very high" stats. This is where the mutations began. Also note that it took hundreds of knock-outs to find these four, slaughtering all rexes daily to spawn in more, and much more. This also took place prior to the changes which prevent perfect-taming (179). I believe the highest you can go with a wild 120 is about 178 now, right? I haven't tamed one wild in ages, less the level 4 which was used to drop some levels off while retaining stats.

*EDIT*

You mean I can lose the mutation counter and keep the stats? I have never heard of "cleaning" mutations.

yes on official we dont tame dino's with such lucky stat distribution. and on top of that you have hit the lucky jackpot 4 times in a row.
like i said, this is not possible on official. theoretically maybe.
you must have some kind of setting that makes the stats deviate much further from the normal.

24 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

You can "clean" a rex of mutations by repeatedly breeding the line with a tamed (0 mut) one, or something, I am told

and many people believe in this hoax.

I told you, this took eons and hundred or even thousands of slaughtered "average" rexes. I set out with a goal in mind and I did achieve it but it was not four times in a row, they were tamed separately. Others were with me for the tames and can vouch for them. I also do not have ANY setting which would alter their stats. Is such a thing possible? I never saw an INI setting for stats.

34 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

I told you, this took eons and hundred or even thousands of slaughtered "average" rexes. I set out with a goal in mind and I did achieve it but it was not four times in a row, they were tamed separately. Others were with me for the tames and can vouch for them. I also do not have ANY setting which would alter their stats. Is such a thing possible? I never saw an INI setting for stats.

I believe ya brother. 120 max too, dayum. How long did it take?

also if these wild tames are the base for ur mutations
then i can tell for sure something isnt right there
u cant get a uneven number out of a even number or wise versa with mutations
60hp-71hp 
49dmg-70dmg
are u using dododex for after tame stats? 
if yes sorry mate but these stats are wrong..:
i would suggest get a "spyglass 2.0" mod wich shows u the points
for wild/tamed/even lvled if u get a good one

I know it isn't possible at this time, but these wild tames were before the changes to whatever formulas. These were tamed prior to Christmas 2017. I could not tame dinos at 179 any more without something like 1.8 or 2.0 speed. I understand this. The initial question was about a level which didn't add up on a single rex, which a server restart fixed.

Yes, the stats posted are post-tame because I no longer have them wild. Again, they were tamed last year and as such I cannot see what the wild stats were. I just know that I only tamed ones which were rated "very high" in a stat by Dododex while they were unconscious on the ground prior to being tamed. I did not tame them and then check the stats. However, this is the only way for me to check them now.

I did not do the "destroywilddinos" cheat. This is on a dedicated, password-protected server with other players. I literally killed the low-level rexes as well as ones I knocked out that did not have "very high" ratings by shooting them. Normally with a shotgun.

Oh, and the server runs 1.25x tame speed, growth, and hatch speed. It also runs 0.75x food consumption rate for babies. As for how long it took it is like I said, it took months.

Just now, Xenithar said:

I know it isn't possible at this time, but these wild tames were before the changes to whatever formulas. These were tamed prior to Christmas 2017. I could not tame dinos at 179 any more without something like 1.8 or 2.0 speed. I understand this. The initial question was about a level which didn't add up on a single rex, which a server restart fixed.

Yes, the stats posted are post-tame because I no longer have them wild. Again, they were tamed last year and as such I cannot see what the wild stats were. I just know that I only tamed ones which were rated "very high" in a stat by Dododex while they were unconscious on the ground prior to being tamed. I did not tame them and then check the stats. However, this is the only way for me to check them now.

I did not do the "destroywilddinos" cheat. This is on a dedicated, password-protected server with other players. I literally killed the low-level rexes as well as ones I knocked out that did not have "very high" ratings by shooting them. Normally with a shotgun.

Oh, and the server runs 1.25x tame speed, growth, and hatch speed. It also runs 0.75x food consumption rate for babies. As for how long it took it is like I said, it took months.

You didnt paste the current, leveled stats in dododex though to get the points distribution.... riiiight?

2 hours ago, Xenithar said:

taming a 120 at 1.25 speed becomes a 178 after tame though. at 1.75x tame speed it will be 179 after tame.

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

You didnt paste the current, leveled stats in dododex though to get the points distribution.... riiiight?

he did post a picture of the stats
here is a copy paste:

D0CE6EA706F8F395CA9BE0EC61DED14679A0F81D

20 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

You cannot clean rex. He will have always mutation at least on one side.

Mutation counter is useless information, the only important thing from counter is if its below 20 or not.

Nice Rex on picture:

image.thumb.png.7d73b51db1fcedc5d2b368dda555c281.png

25 minutes ago, isu said:

You cannot clean rex. He will have always mutation at least on one side.

Mutation counter is useless information, the only important thing from counter is if its below 20 or not.

Nice Rex on picture:

image.thumb.png.7d73b51db1fcedc5d2b368dda555c281.png

I mean, those stats are currently similar to those on official, so not impossible. 

Would be quite the feat to do it alone though, these often rely on a multitude of breeders

I'm pretty sure that getting 60 points in a single post-tame stat was impossible to get a year ago too, even less so on a wild 120 creature. Getting enough max levels to KO and tame on The Island map is even less likely.

That stat growth is impossible in "9 mutations".

As mentioned above: even stat cannot become uneven and vice versa, yet it did for both HP and melee in OP's stats.

Fishy AF. But then it is a private modded server so who cares?

Well, if S+, P+, or CF messes with rexes then yes, it's modded rex day. Either way, the thread ran its course. Other members on my server have tamed similar. In total there are six or seven rexes that have tamed with 50-60 in a stat. I happen to own four. Another tribe owns one or two, and yet another tribe I KNOW owns one with something like 55 or 56 in stam. Like it or not, it can happen. The fact that in a year it has happened only six or seven times speaks to the rarity.

Helath and DMG way to high to be legit!

Look like someone messed around with the statsperlevelup multiplier.

I'm breeding Rexes since 2016. Started with difficulty 4 and switched to difficulty 5 when SE came out.

After that time and hundreds of tamed Rexes, my breeding pair is at 12k HP, around 14k HP when fully imprinted. 20k... not possible without SP modifiers or .ini changes on the server. Especially not on difficulty 4.

Archived