titanosaur taming without saddle

jameshadinata97

so, i've knocked out a titanosaur, and i cant build the saddle yet since i am only level 80, on a single player on ark mobile.

but in the wiki, https://ark.gamepedia.com/Titanosaur#Preferred_Food said, Unless “?AllowRaidDinoFeeding=” toggled to true, the Titanosaur only needs the saddle to be tamed, and since patch 1.0.86 on ios, it says that titanosaur now can be fed on single player, so  i should be able to tame the titanosaur via feeding it right? but i cant anyways... any help would be appreciated 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jameshadinata97 said:

so, i've knocked out a titanosaur, and i cant build the saddle yet since i am only level 80, on a single player on ark mobile.

but in the wiki, https://ark.gamepedia.com/Titanosaur#Preferred_Food said, Unless “?AllowRaidDinoFeeding=” toggled to true, the Titanosaur only needs the saddle to be tamed, and since patch 1.0.86 on ios, it says that titanosaur now can be fed on single player, so  i should be able to tame the titanosaur via feeding it right? but i cant anyways... any help would be appreciated 

The only way to tame a titan is to put a saddle on it after knocking it out.

"AllowRaidDinoFeeding" is an option not available on mobile platform same as every customization in single player.

AllowRaidDinoFeeding when you check it on pc or console it allows you to keep the Titan by remote feeding it otherwise it will starve and die after 16-20 hours.

so basically on mobile platform you have to be level 100 to tame the Titan only by equipping the saddle on it and you can only keep it for a max or 20 hours maybe less.

hope that helps

15 minutes ago, NeNe said:

The only way to tame a titan is to put a saddle on it after knocking it out.

"AllowRaidDinoFeeding" is an option not available on mobile platform same as every customization in single player.

AllowRaidDinoFeeding when you check it on pc or console it allows you to keep the Titan by remote feeding it otherwise it will starve and die after 16-20 hours.

so basically on mobile platform you have to be level 100 to tame the Titan only by equipping the saddle on it and you can only keep it for a max or 20 hours maybe less.

hope that helps

okay, is there any way i could get the saddle before level 100? i get the quetz saddle from watching ads on mobile when im only level 40ish...

but the patch on mobile said titanosaur can be fed on single player... so is it still cannot be fed too? and btw you tried it yourself?

6 hours ago, jameshadinata97 said:

okay, is there any way i could get the saddle before level 100? i get the quetz saddle from watching ads on mobile when im only level 40ish...

but the patch on mobile said titanosaur can be fed on single player... so is it still cannot be fed too? and btw you tried it yourself?

try to finished the pursuit, the one that required you to kill a Giga. i don't know if the reward is random or not but i got a apprentice titan platform saddle from that.

btw, is it the same with the pc / console that a titan only can get 8k torpor per area and need to move far away before it can get more torpor ? cuz no matter what method i'm using (either catapult or canon to the head) i always ended up killing it.

43 minutes ago, jeckylim said:

try to finished the pursuit, the one that required you to kill a Giga. i don't know if the reward is random or not but i got a apprentice titan platform saddle from that.

btw, is it the same with the pc / console that a titan only can get 8k torpor per area and need to move far away before it can get more torpor ? cuz no matter what method i'm using (either catapult or canon to the head) i always ended up killing it.

I honestly dunno about the torpor yet I never tried to tame one, I just kill them with my imprinted giga for xp.

And about the kill giga pursuit, I don't think he can do it yet he said he's level 80.

9 hours ago, NeNe said:

I honestly dunno about the torpor yet I never tried to tame one, I just kill them with my imprinted giga for xp.

And about the kill giga pursuit, I don't think he can do it yet he said he's level 80.

at first i thought the titan will be extremely difficult to kill but i'm totally wrong, it's more easier to kill than to tame it. killing titan while you have primal pass (x2 exp) + x3 exp buff, yeah you can get a huge amount of xp :D

oh right, i didn't see that. sorry my bad haha

23 hours ago, jeckylim said:

what level is that pursuit? 

i dont really know, but i dont think so... my titanosaur just run around in the smuggler pass and then get knocked out... and its really hard to kill a titanosaur though

3 hours ago, jameshadinata97 said:

what level is that pursuit? 

i dont really know, but i dont think so... my titanosaur just run around in the smuggler pass and then get knocked out... and its really hard to kill a titanosaur though

honestly i don't know what level is the pursuit, it just come up after i finished all of the kibble & hunting pursuit. but i think it's a high level pursuit.

hmm.. how long it takes you to knocked it out ? cuz it takes me more than 40 mins to killed one when i'm trying to tame it, i just spam the canon / boulder to the head. well.. so far i already killed 2 titan when i'm trying to tame it. i'm sure it would be more easier if i intend to killing it.

9 hours ago, jeckylim said:

honestly i don't know what level is the pursuit, it just come up after i finished all of the kibble & hunting pursuit. but i think it's a high level pursuit.

hmm.. how long it takes you to knocked it out ? cuz it takes me more than 40 mins to killed one when i'm trying to tame it, i just spam the canon / boulder to the head. well.. so far i already killed 2 titan when i'm trying to tame it. i'm sure it would be more easier if i intend to killing it.

the titan took like 2 hours to tame... but its because i need to restock on my cannonballs and gather metal too... if im really well prepared, i guess it will take like 1 hour... my quetz isnt that good... 

40 mins to kill?? thats really fast. knocking it if youre with someone is really easy, but doing it solo is really hard... the hard thing is to really hit it on the face though

1 hour ago, jameshadinata97 said:

the titan took like 2 hours to tame... but its because i need to restock on my cannonballs and gather metal too... if im really well prepared, i guess it will take like 1 hour... my quetz isnt that good... 

40 mins to kill?? thats really fast. knocking it if youre with someone is really easy, but doing it solo is really hard... the hard thing is to really hit it on the face though

wait.. you're not well prepared and you managed to tamed it ? i prepared everything carefully for 2 days (real-time) before i'm going to tame it, but ended up killed it. i just really don't understand with this titan..

i can be wrong tho, maybe 50mins but i'm sure it's less than an hour. that's right one person ride the quetz while another one hit the titan, yeah it will be much much easier. well.. titan has a vulnerable moment when it stop moving for 3-5 second, that's the time i keep spamming boulder / canon to its head.

21 hours ago, jeckylim said:

wait.. you're not well prepared and you managed to tamed it ? i prepared everything carefully for 2 days (real-time) before i'm going to tame it, but ended up killed it. i just really don't understand with this titan..

i can be wrong tho, maybe 50mins but i'm sure it's less than an hour. that's right one person ride the quetz while another one hit the titan, yeah it will be much much easier. well.. titan has a vulnerable moment when it stop moving for 3-5 second, that's the time i keep spamming boulder / canon to its head.

the only thing i prepare for knocking the titan is the cannonballs (which i dont have enough of) and the cannon, even my quetz platform saddle is only fitted with a wooden foundation and 2 wooden roof. And i havent tamed it yet, thats why i start this discussion, i dont have the saddle yet. But the hardest thing is to aim to hit its head... and even if youre doing it solo, its still possible though.

the story goes like this, im building myself a base, and at some point i got bored, so i think i should do something else, So i figure, i should tame something even bigger than my gigas. So i remembered i saw a titanosaur several days ago, and since i have learnt the cannon and cannonballs engram, i guess i should tame one... i even make carbonemys egg kibble and this thing doesnt ate it.

And i dont think titanosaur lose torpor either though. mine has been sitting still since i started this discussion and still has not lost any torpor yet hahaha. And after the tame i destroyed the cannon and build a better platform saddle for the quetz

IMG_6144.jpg

21 hours ago, jameshadinata97 said:

IMG_6144.jpg

well yeah the cannonballs & cannon is the main things to prepared, my 2 days of preparing are including scouting and learning about the titan. i know but since the titan will not losing any torpor once get knocked out you can say it's already tamed , well not 'officially' tamed, but technically it's yours :D that's right though it's hard but it is still possible to do solo tame the walking mountain.

wait, carbonemys egg..? actually that's make sense, cuz they are like bronto right ? just with humongous size and stego back.. i probably would do the same if only i can think more creative, i mean screw the dododex let's give it some kibble instead. lmao

that's great, so the titan will be alright until you get the saddle, i wonder will it wake up when its health fully healed..

5 hours ago, jeckylim said:

well yeah the cannonballs & cannon is the main things to prepared, my 2 days of preparing are including scouting and learning about the titan. i know but since the titan will not losing any torpor once get knocked out you can say it's already tamed , well not 'officially' tamed, but technically it's yours :D that's right though it's hard but it is still possible to do solo tame the walking mountain.

wait, carbonemys egg..? actually that's make sense, cuz they are like bronto right ? just with humongous size and stego back.. i probably would do the same if only i can think more creative, i mean screw the dododex let's give it some kibble instead. lmao

that's great, so the titan will be alright until you get the saddle, i wonder will it wake up when its health fully healed..

yeah haha, i think since it says that in single player you could feed it, so i make it a kibble, just like its closest relative...

the titanosaur while knocked out doesnt regen any health...

25 minutes ago, jameshadinata97 said:

yeah haha, i think since it says that in single player you could feed it, so i make it a kibble, just like its closest relative...

the titanosaur while knocked out doesnt regen any health...

hahaa, i'm gonna try to use tranq darts to knocked it out then, let's see how it goes :D

oh right, that's because of the instant tame once you put the saddle on.

1 hour ago, jameshadinata97 said:

youre certainly on to something here hahaha. notify me if you did it hahaha

well, i did it.. i bring some carbonemys egg too just in case it's a passive tame.

IMG_20180803_014004.thumb.jpg.5b1139abce1fec8e012baad1058925af.jpg

it's going so well.. until it decided to drowning itself.

IMG_20180803_013900.thumb.jpg.0452747d181f4c98738d37dbf37c4e89.jpg

next time i'm gonna try to knocked it out with nothing but a wooden club :D titan clubbing is real baby

5 hours ago, jeckylim said:

well, i did it.. i bring some carbonemys egg too just in case it's a passive tame.

IMG_20180803_014004.thumb.jpg.5b1139abce1fec8e012baad1058925af.jpg

it's going so well.. until it decided to drowning itself.

IMG_20180803_013900.thumb.jpg.0452747d181f4c98738d37dbf37c4e89.jpg

next time i'm gonna try to knocked it out with nothing but a wooden club :D titan clubbing is real baby

wow im impressed how that thing hasn't killed itself... my first encounter with titanosaur goes pretty much like that... and then that thing drowned itself... btw in case you see its health dropping like crazy, use crossbow and take the last hit... it really helps when youre trying to kill it... 1 stone arrow and 40000 free xp though hahaha...

and since youre on the ocean... ever seen a tusoteuthis?? i wonder how hard it is to tame one hahaha

4 hours ago, jameshadinata97 said:

wow im impressed how that thing hasn't killed itself... my first encounter with titanosaur goes pretty much like that... and then that thing drowned itself... btw in case you see its health dropping like crazy, use crossbow and take the last hit... it really helps when youre trying to kill it... 1 stone arrow and 40000 free xp though hahaha...

and since youre on the ocean... ever seen a tusoteuthis?? i wonder how hard it is to tame one hahaha

oh you too ?, so it seems this thing tend to drowned itself when getting attacked, cuz i encountered it at the middle of the island and it keep running on specific direction which leading to the ocean. i forgot to bring a crossbow and my lockneck riffle is not giving much damage, my free xp just killed it self :D

no i never seen any tuso so far, but i heard it's a passive tame and their preferred food is blackpearl, and you need atleast a mosa or plesi in order to tame it. so yeah that's sound pretty hard to me hahaa

6 hours ago, jeckylim said:

oh you too ?, so it seems this thing tend to drowned itself when getting attacked, cuz i encountered it at the middle of the island and it keep running on specific direction which leading to the ocean. i forgot to bring a crossbow and my lockneck riffle is not giving much damage, my free xp just killed it self :D

no i never seen any tuso so far, but i heard it's a passive tame and their preferred food is blackpearl, and you need atleast a mosa or plesi in order to tame it. so yeah that's sound pretty hard to me hahaa

Along the beach there's this rock island, guide the Titan over there he'll get stuck, keep in mind your Quetzal has to be able to take some hits, the only way that the Titan can keep agro at first is he's actually hitting you or else he'll just keep running away eventually to drawn itself. 

Well that's the way I do it anyway, it worked for me 2 titans in one hour couple of days ago went from level 86 to 88 and a half, not bad for 2 levels in an hour, ofc with intense focus on. ( I have 2 gigas next to that island BTW i whisper attack from his back when he got stuck, he won't charge them and keep trying to flee for some reason ?)

1 hour ago, NeNe said:

Along the beach there's this rock island, guide the Titan over there he'll get stuck, keep in mind your Quetzal has to be able to take some hits, the only way that the Titan can keep agro at first is he's actually hitting you or else he'll just keep running away eventually to drawn itself. 

Well that's the way I do it anyway, it worked for me 2 titans in one hour couple of days ago went from level 86 to 88 and a half, not bad for 2 levels in an hour, ofc with intense focus on. ( I have 2 gigas next to that island BTW i whisper attack from his back when he got stuck, he won't charge them and keep trying to flee for some reason ?)

IMG_20180803_195734.thumb.jpg.ef13c44a610a2046a70a0aa88f836a14.jpg

is this the rock island location ? cuz i built my third base right there, if i guide the titan over there my base will be gone in just a second :( lol

yeah they are the best xp source for high level survivor (intense focus + 2x xp buff from primal pass), that's how you fast leveling at high level :D killed 2 titan in just one hour is insane cuz i need more than 50mins to kill one with a catapult.. i think i'm gonna find some high level Giga to breed since they are the natural enemy of a titan.

17 minutes ago, jeckylim said:

IMG_20180803_195734.thumb.jpg.ef13c44a610a2046a70a0aa88f836a14.jpg

is this the rock island location ? cuz i built my third base right there, if i guide the titan over there my base will be gone in just a second :( lol

yeah they are the best xp source for high level survivor (intense focus + 2x xp buff from primal pass), that's how you fast leveling at high level :D killed 2 titan in just one hour is insane cuz i need more than 50mins to kill one with a catapult.. i think i'm gonna find some high level Giga to breed since they are the natural enemy of a titan.

Yeah so sad you have your base there, there no way you guide him there. And yes this is the island I was referring to, they were both next to the green obelisk, the hard part is to find them, I just used my quetzel and a rocket luncher ( ps. I've got a mastercrafted rocket luncher from the gift thing you get every hour and so ), the Titan will reach the rocks at less than half Hp, BTW you can kill it with just rockets but it's a huge resource drain, each rocket has significant cost to craft, but it's still doable. All you have to do is to find somewhere close to the Titan location that it can get stuck in when you guide it there, that rock island I notice it by mistake to be honest when the first one was fleeing towards the sea and he got stuck there, I activated my intense focus then, and the second one was very easy from then, the distance was relatively small and I had plenty of time left from the intense focus.

Good luck!

45 minutes ago, NeNe said:

Yeah so sad you have your base there, there no way you guide him there. And yes this is the island I was referring to, they were both next to the green obelisk, the hard part is to find them, I just used my quetzel and a rocket luncher ( ps. I've got a mastercrafted rocket luncher from the gift thing you get every hour and so ), the Titan will reach the rocks at less than half Hp, BTW you can kill it with just rockets but it's a huge resource drain, each rocket has significant cost to craft, but it's still doable. All you have to do is to find somewhere close to the Titan location that it can get stuck in when you guide it there, that rock island I notice it by mistake to be honest when the first one was fleeing towards the sea and he got stuck there, I activated my intense focus then, and the second one was very easy from then, the distance was relatively small and I had plenty of time left from the intense focus.

Good luck!

it's okay i'll find another good location to trap the titan. that's right rocket launcher will do much damage on titan but quite expensive to craft and the normal one has a low durability which i think not worth to craft, too bad i lost my ascendant one due to game crashed in cave a long time ago. 

they really need to do something about the running away mechanic on titan tho, it's wierd to see the single largest creature on ark tend to suicide once getting hit.

thanks ! i really need some quite amount of luck right now. haha

1 minute ago, jeckylim said:

it's okay i'll find another good location to trap the titan. that's right rocket launcher will do much damage on titan but quite expensive to craft and the normal one has a low durability which i think not worth to craft, too bad i lost my ascendant one due to game crashed in cave a long time ago. 

they really need to do something about the running away mechanic on titan tho, it's wierd to see the single largest creature on ark tend to suicide once getting hit.

Ikr he starts running from the first shot ?, so sad indeed

Archived