Frozen earth opposite to scorched earth

• 2 months later...

I think a map of entirely snow would be cool, with some parts less cold than others. Maybe harvestable ice and a way to melt them into water? I doubt this will ever exist on an official map, and I can't get mods on my Xbox :(  Ragnarok has some cool snowy areas though, you could try cheat flying into one, cheating back to walk, then try to survive only in snow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/14/2018 at 2:41 PM, Desolate7 said:

Hey guys. You could easily create your Frozen Earth Idea on a Procedurally Generated Map by increasing the Snow Biome Size to 1.0 instead of its usual 0.27. This represents a percentile. 1.0 being 100% Maybe not quite as fancy as the things wildcard could do but still fun.

Ty this is amazing

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 7:21 AM, siice said:

Hello everyone since the developers of this game have made scorched earth I think it would be a good idea if they considered on making a new map called frozen earth

That is a great-point; we keep getting the same-dessert/wastelands/surface style of them. snow is only a biome. we call for an ice-age! #TheGlacier

On 10/1/2018 at 9:44 PM, BAGGINS said:

I think a map of entirely snow would be cool, with some parts less cold than others. Maybe harvestable ice and a way to melt them into water? I doubt this will ever exist on an official map, and I can't get mods on my Xbox :(  Ragnarok has some cool snowy areas though, you could try cheat flying into one, cheating back to walk, then try to survive only in snow.

Sand + Charcoal + Stone = Filter; Salt Melts Ice. 

The concept /could/ technically be a 2-phase process of making a filter and salting ice. Other steps such as a campfire could also be incorporated for canteens. The 2-phase process would replace the reseviours to use snow as opposed to rain. You have to change the salt. You have to replace the filters. Filters go in water taps. Filters are made of rock and charcoal.

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, TravisMichael said:

While I like the idea, I think the map name of 'Frozen Earth' is terrible. You should go for a more colorful name. Some suggestions I came up with are:

Frostbite

Icebound

Snowbound

Icefall

Polar Vortex

Glacial

Ice Age

Blizzard

Arctic Blast

All those names suck no offence, Frozen Earth is way cooler.. “arctic blast” lol??

On 2/27/2019 at 9:56 PM, ravenispurrty said:

Sand + Charcoal + Stone = Filter; Salt Melts Ice. 

The concept /could/ technically be a 2-phase process of making a filter and salting ice. Other steps such as a campfire could also be incorporated for canteens. The 2-phase process would replace the reseviours to use snow as opposed to rain. You have to change the salt. You have to replace the filters. Filters go in water taps. Filters are made of rock and charcoal.

Where you gonna get sand in an snow tundra? But I do like the idea 

On April 25, 2019 at 2:06 PM, serpy said:

All those names suck no offence, Frozen Earth is way cooler.. “arctic blast” lol??

No OFFENSE, but 'Frozen Earth' is super cheesy and sounds like a generic name for a National Geographic documentary.

I was at least trying to be creative with the name instead of just giving it one a three year old would have come up with.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:50 PM, TravisMichael said:

While I like the idea, I think the map name of 'Frozen Earth' is terrible. You should go for a more colorful name. Some suggestions I came up with are:

Frostbite

Icebound

Snowbound

Icefall

Polar Vortex

Glacial

Ice Age

Blizzard

Arctic Blast

Frozen Tundra, Frozen wastes and have a small biome of lush Forrest in the center like a river that is frozen outside but free flowing inside, I can imagine how cool that would look if you build at the edge of it, even have a few of these small biomes for starter spawns, one ontop of a mountain resembling Olympus Mons on Mars could be cool, ie really flat surface ontop the tallest mountain, and lots of caves around the map that are warmer from the snow insulation and add igloo building, super easy to make and protective from the cold but not the strongest. To name a few ideas :D

15 hours ago, TravisMichael said:

No OFFENSE, but 'Frozen Earth' is super cheesy and sounds like a generic name for a National Geographic documentary.

I was at least trying to be creative with the name instead of just giving it one a three year old would have come up with.

Being realistic I don’t think a three year old would come up with a name like “Frozen Earth” And if your going to get mad or sissy that I told you your names suck don’t tell other people there’s suck it’s pitiful and childish. I think Frozen Earth is cool and doesn’t sound ridiculous like “Polar vortex” lmao

27 minutes ago, serpy said:

Being realistic I don’t think a three year old would come up with a name like “Frozen Earth” And if your going to get mad or sissy that I told you your names suck don’t tell other people there’s suck it’s pitiful and childish. I think Frozen Earth is cool and doesn’t sound ridiculous like “Polar vortex” lmao

Well, considering I told him the name sucked before you even commented, I guess that makes you a hypocrite.

And if you knew what a 'Polar Vortex' was, you'd know it would be fitting for an all snow map. But no, let's go with 'Frozen Earth' so simpletons like you can understand it's a snow map. 'Polar'  and 'Vortex' must be hard for you.

While I am not a fan of naming the map "ARK: Polar Vortex" or any other recent-year weathertrend name like "ARK: Bomb Cyclone," I will concede that it sounds better than simply calling it "ARK: Frozen Earth."  Maybe instead of naming it though, we could discuss the feasibility/possibility of them actually releasing the map, which I think is a longshot at best.

It's a neat map concept, with plenty of new opportunities for survival challenges though.

• 2 weeks later...

Something to take note of is that while the official arks struggle to keep a player-base on the pvp platforms, the pve economy in ark just tends to inflate infinitely. I think that neither game mode suites the title entirely. It would be great to see something new come about that introduces variants of games through pve-conflict. There is just so much that can be done in regards to making pve-conflict possible on a server.

Frozen earth sounds like a great start---fight for resources and defend your post in areas that players are not suppose to inhabitate and then deal with the life of a citizen in areas that players are suppose to inhabitate.

Where there is resource--there is PvP

On 7/29/2018 at 7:21 AM, siice said:

Hello everyone since the developers of this game have made scorched earth I think it would be a good idea if they considered on making a new map called frozen earth

Also -- historically speaking; the ice-age really brought a lot of struggles and challenges to our species for survival. Some of the culture(s) found warm patches of land through expedition or were already plotted on them. Others had lived through the ice-age by hunting and killing animals for food, armor, and warmth. 

Keeping life on this map should be highly challenging to the point that there should be some buff(s) and de-buff rework done for both creatures and survivors. Ice age accounts for extinctions, genocides, and more; historically speaking.

I want nothing less of a game.
(balance the maps spawns like aberration?)
(add de-buffs to creatures so that they too, experience hypothermia?)

Archived