New Dino ideas, etc

XxxAthenaxxX00

Dear whomever may be reading this,

I was just thinking that ark has not given any ACTUAL new dinos for a little while, and yes, i understand they are busy with the new coming up dlc. I just had like a few ideas. They added sheep (ovis)horses (equus) , and dogs ( hyaenodon), and a Phiomia or Daeodon for a pig, which is a good group of maybe farm related animals, but what about a type of extinct cow/bull that is hard to tame, and maybe rare? And once tamed, instead of using wyvern milk, it like...produces usable milk for baby wyverns or other baby animals? Like something like an Aurochs? I just figured that would be a cool idea for them to add and iv been really thinking about the creature alot. And even thinking of little baby cows running around in ark is just exciting, although i know not to get my hopes up. I was also thinking about the fact maybe they should add something related to the wyvern lr drake? Like maybe a tameable dragon that ofcourse walks on all fours, and is harder to tame/get a hold of its eggs. Also, the Tasmanian Tiger. They were such beuatiful creatures, and we drove them extinct. I feel like they would be an amazing edition to the game. They seem like they would be a very useful tame if added, and i feel like having them in a game would remind everyone of the amazing creatures before they were extinct. Again, all of these are just ideas, and i doubt they will really be added. Theses were only ideas that have been stuck on my mind. Also, as far as structures...i feel like...well iv seen this mod, i forgot the name of it, but it has this dodo sitting in a nest and it collects fertile eggs for you. I just thought something like that, like maybe some type of small machine thingy, would be amazingly useful, since mods arnt able to be added to xbox at the moment, ofcourse, but i feel like they should cost alot of resources because such a thing can make servers lag if anyone happened to start randomly mass hatching. Anyway, ill probably post again soon, and again, these were just a few small ideas of mine. If im being honest, just a creature i reccomended and being added to the game would make me SO SO happy, and i would be so satisfyed with ark.

from, Athena

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I think an osprey would be cool except it would be between pelagornis and argentavis size and could grab fish out of water but not land on it and could grab flying creatures such as pelagornis,pteranodon,dimorphodon, and small creatures using a secondary attack as usual to grab things like any other flier but would be slower than a pteranodon but faster than a argy. It would have decent health and high damage decent stamina and decent weight

• 1 month later...

I think that adding a bigger crocodilian in the game would be cool (purrusaurus or deinosuchus for example) or adding some more aquatic life (creatures could be things such as tanystropheus, edestus, helicoprion, anomolocaris) or even adding schools of little fish to give the ocean some character (pikaia for example).

For land creatures they could add more synapsids such as gorgonops or therocephalian like predators. They could also add more dinosaurs such as megaraptor or carcharodontosaurus. For mammals they could do diprotodon or andrewsarchus.

for items they should add a tek version of a gps that shows the x y and z coordinates ( with x being longitude, y being latitude and z being elevation) and a tek spyglass that allows you to see a creatures stats

• 3 weeks later...

I think a brachiosaurus would be a nice addition. It would be larger than a bronto, but smaller than titanosaur. Unlike the titanosaur, I imagine the brachiosaur would be a more PVE dino, being a permanent tame that you can build a fortress on. The brachiosaurus would be strong, but unable to break metal and mainly just a harvester and mobile fort.

On 7/29/2018 at 12:40 AM, XxxAthenaxxX00 said:

Also, as far as structures...i feel like...well iv seen this mod, i forgot the name of it, but it has this dodo sitting in a nest and it collects fertile eggs for you.

I'd just be happy if they made wild eggs have like a 30% chance to be fertilized. That way there would be two ways of taming, battle the adults or battle the hunger of the little ones.

What I want to see, as far as new dinos, would be...

Platyceramus for black pearl collecting, or a new type of pearl, a large clam with the ability to trap survivors.

Nuralagus, for burrowing, as far as giant bunny can go, I would love to see burrows become a thing for new survivors, to live in, steal things from, have these giant rabbits take your things back to burrows, so you have to retrieve them, it'd be interesting.

I have more ideas! but these are the main 2 Exciting ones.

• 3 months later...

Maybe some of the "Ark Additions-Mod"? Personally I'd like to see a Carcharodontosaurus and a Gorgonopsid. I'd also be happy about Bisons, crows, cattle/chicken (new food source), more peaceful aquatic creatures and an aggressive flyer (Hatzegopteryx?).

I'm definitely in for the Helicoprion, Maiasaurus and Aurochs!

I want some more mythical creatures in the game, i know it's a dinosaur game but they already have a couple myths in it. Here are some suggestions for new mythicals (obviously it's their game so they don't have to add them) Chimera(monstrous fire-breathing hybrid creature depicted as a lion, with the head of a goat protruding from its back, and a tail that might end with a snake's head), Pegasus(mythical winged divine horse), Cerberus(multi-headed dog ), Hippogriff(front half of an eagle and the hind half of a horse), Cockatrice( two-legged dragon or serpent-like creature with a rooster's head.), Jackalope( jackrabbit with antelope horns.) Enfield(head of a fox, the body and forelegs of an eagle and the hind and rear legs of a wolf), Peryton(hybrid animal combining the physical features of a stag and a bird.), leucrocuta, (combination between dog and wolf or between hyena and lion.) catoblepas(large, bull-shaped creature), Wendigo(large skeleton-like deer on two legs.),  Kitsune,(nine-tailed fox), Jersey Devil(flying biped with hooves), Minotaur(the head and tail of a bull and the body of a man), Hippocampus(Sea Horse), Kappa(green, human-like beings with webbed hands and feet and a turtle-like carapace on their backs), Kelpie (black horselike creature, able to adopt human form) these are some of the mythicals i want in the game

Archived