Itchthyornis....seriously?

Masurao

Now I'm sure we've all been there before but I need some clarification. A scenario for you:

You're out and about, you have an ascendant crossbow with you - your favorite weapon at the time - along with tons of spoiled meat and some berries on you JUST in case a pego decides it wants to take something or a retarded bird decides to swoop down upon you out of nowhere and snatch something from you. You spot the aforementioned bird attacking your tribemate and immediately put 7 arrows into this little creature that only takes one shot to kill, and as it has SIX of these arrows jutting out of its body without a single hit marker, then proceeds to expertly cause you to"drop your weapon" as opposed to stealing it.

My question: WHERE...do these weapons go..? I know if you kill a pego, you check its inventory. What about these things? Is the item in question just gone forever?

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

The weapon drops to the ground beneath your feet, like a Whip does.

Thats a negative. No box or anything thereof at my feet or in the general area at all... I feel like it just disintegrated the instant it was taken. Because ark.

I'm just trying to figure out how to deal with these things. If they're flying around, then they're too laggy to hit since they turn into pincushions that rarely give hit markers unless they're stationary. Are you just supposed to leave the area and hope they don't follow you? At least a pego can be knocked out or shot. 

1 hour ago, Masurao said:

Thats a negative. No box or anything thereof at my feet or in the general area at all... I feel like it just disintegrated the instant it was taken. Because ark.

I'm just trying to figure out how to deal with these things. If they're flying around, then they're too laggy to hit since they turn into pincushions that rarely give hit markers unless they're stationary. Are you just supposed to leave the area and hope they don't follow you? At least a pego can be knocked out or shot. 

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Ichthyornis

The Ichthyornis acts aggressively toward the player, stealing items unprovoked. They do not steal the player's tools, they disarm them and throw it on the ground which they can pick back up. The Ichthyornis does, however, steal the player's food and eat it. The Ichthyornis will attack even if the player has nothing in their inventory.

Now, when they throw your item on the ground you have 1:55(1 minute, 55 seconds) to pick that item up before it despawns.

6 hours ago, Orion said:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Ichthyornis

The Ichthyornis acts aggressively toward the player, stealing items unprovoked. They do not steal the player's tools, they disarm them and throw it on the ground which they can pick back up. The Ichthyornis does, however, steal the player's food and eat it. The Ichthyornis will attack even if the player has nothing in their inventory.

Now, when they throw your item on the ground you have 1:55(1 minute, 55 seconds) to pick that item up before it despawns.

I get what the data says, but 9/10x it doesn't work that way. The way it 'actually' works is that the game eats the item and that its nowhere to be found afterward. Because...you know...unfixed bugs.

Bugs soo unfixed that I more often than not wonder why the bird can still do this at this point in the first place.

25 minutes ago, Masurao said:

I get what the data says, but 9/10x it doesn't work that way. The way it 'actually' works is that the game eats the item and that its nowhere to be found afterward. Because...you know...unfixed bugs.

Bugs soo unfixed that I more often than not wonder why the bird can still do this at this point in the first place.

Sorry but that's just not true. In mine and many, many others I know experience; the Icthyornis has never "eaten" the item. It always takes it and throws it on the ground, it'll always be in your immediate vicinity.

I get that you're upset about the creature itself -- everyone agress, it was one of those creatures that was kind of just an unnecessary addition that just ends up trolling players and annoying them. I've also talked to a few people that didn't even know the Icthy threw the weapon down. Your being upset is making you come to wrong assumptions. There is no bug in this sense with the Icthyornis. 

1 minute ago, Orion said:

Sorry but that's just not true. In mine and many, many others I know experience; the Icthyornis has never "eaten" the item. It always takes it and throws it on the ground, it'll always be in your immediate vicinity.

I get that you're upset about the creature itself -- everyone agress, it was one of those creatures that was kind of just an unnecessary addition that just ends up trolling players and annoying them. I've also talked to a few people that didn't even know the Icthy threw the weapon down. Your being upset is making you come to wrong assumptions. There is no bug in this sense with the Icthyornis. 

No, I actually wouldn't even be upset if the mechanic worked as it should. If you're out in the open and the thing knocks a weapon from your hand and you record the game footage like you used to do back in the day(before you had a beacon with your body/pack) so that you could actually figure out where your items were for recovery, only to still see absolutely nothing on the ground even then, I'd have to say that there is indeed, without a shadow of a doubt, a bug with this trolly bird. Assumptions are made based upon incomplete data. If the data received is decisively conclusive then there is no room for any assumption, as it then becomes an irrevocable fact.

We're talking about a game where I don't even throw items down for people anymore because in certain areas they just warp and glitch through the map to fall into an infinite eternity.

The annoyance is real. You can barely kill it 'and' it glitches away your weapon. Love. It.

15 hours ago, Masurao said:

Now I'm sure we've all been there before but I need some clarification. A scenario for you:

You're out and about, you have an ascendant crossbow with you - your favorite weapon at the time - along with tons of spoiled meat and some berries on you JUST in case a pego decides it wants to take something or a retarded bird decides to swoop down upon you out of nowhere and snatch something from you. You spot the aforementioned bird attacking your tribemate and immediately put 7 arrows into this little creature that only takes one shot to kill, and as it has SIX of these arrows jutting out of its body without a single hit marker, then proceeds to expertly cause you to"drop your weapon" as opposed to stealing it.

My question: WHERE...do these weapons go..? I know if you kill a pego, you check its inventory. What about these things? Is the item in question just gone forever?

LOL? Those birds dont even drop your weapon/item your holding...

10 hours ago, CitoaK said:

Mechanic is broken, can confirm same thing happened to me before. I think the bird does drop the item but sometimes the bag just falls through the map. Also had a pego steal a 100 stack of theri kibble from my hotbar and eat all 100 in one bite...broken af.

Yeah, I had one take a full stack of narcotic and eat it. I feel like a mechanic like this shouldn't exist in the current buggy state the game is in. The pego is annoying enough, but at least if he takes a valuable item you can kill him and get back. Heck, you could even stumble upon and kill it days later and it will still have it in its inventory!

16 hours ago, Masurao said:

No, I actually wouldn't even be upset if the mechanic worked as it should. If you're out in the open and the thing knocks a weapon from your hand and you record the game footage like you used to do back in the day(before you had a beacon with your body/pack) so that you could actually figure out where your items were for recovery, only to still see absolutely nothing on the ground even then, I'd have to say that there is indeed, without a shadow of a doubt, a bug with this trolly bird. Assumptions are made based upon incomplete data. If the data received is decisively conclusive then there is no room for any assumption, as it then becomes an irrevocable fact.

We're talking about a game where I don't even throw items down for people anymore because in certain areas they just warp and glitch through the map to fall into an infinite eternity.

The annoyance is real. You can barely kill it 'and' it glitches away your weapon. Love. It.

Can confirm on falling through the map. Unfortunately if the ground isn't completely flat it tends to be unforgiving. Though I've only actually been attacked by them while taming them. So if left unprovoked all should be well. Cheers.

Archived