Phoenix real or not?

Hopesthief

20180728003925_1.jpgSo my tribemates managed to trap a Pheonix and built an enclosure around it to tame it next heatwave. 

I use the bed that we have there to fast travel as soon as the heatwave starts, other members do the same and what we see is entirely different. . . how is it that they can see the wild creature and yet I can't? I cant see the taming effectiveness, level, anything to even imply there is anything there.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and know the cause/solution. 

There is currently a bug that lets you see phoenixes outside of heatwaves. However, leaving render makes them invisible as they are supposed to- So you just didnt happen to get the glitch. It will be visible to everyone once the heatwave starts, dont worry. Good find! Maje sure to make a tall enough enclosure so it doesnt spawn on top of it.

13 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

There is currently a bug that lets you see phoenixes outside of heatwaves. However, leaving render makes them invisible as they are supposed to- So you just didnt happen to get the glitch. It will be visible to everyone once the heatwave starts, dont worry. Good find! Maje sure to make a tall enough enclosure so it doesnt spawn on top of it.

In the photo its already during the heatwave  and i cant see it, so I got the opposite to the bug where its visible outside of heatwaves, I couldn't see it during a heatwave.

Happened to me before.

I saw a Phoenix stuck in ground outside of heatwave. I mark the place and go prepare for an enclosure.

Then I informed my friend. While I was doing all those, a heatwave start.

Me and my friend rushed to the spot where I saw the Phoenix earlier.

Unfortunately It was gone. I couldn't find it. Then my friend screamed out loud. "There there, it's right infront of you". And yet I still can't see it. I asked him to not lose sight of it. He followed it and I just follow him. 

When the heatwave ends, he put a pillar right where the ashes land. We then built an enclosure on top of that pillar and wait for the next heatwave.

Strangely when the next heatwave starts, I can see the Phoenix again rising from the ashes.  We managed to tame it with 2 wyvern.

Then 2 days later, my friend encountered another Phoenix yet again stuck in ground outside of heatwave.  He mark the location.

But when we go back there to build we didn't find it there and even when the heatwave started, we both couldn’t seen it. We lost the opportunity to tame the second one.

I've seen and prepared to tame a few, but they were always gone with the next heatwave. The pile of ashes disappears the second it hits the ground. I built 8 to 10 walls high enclosures around these areas, also around the glitched ones outside heatwaves, they never appeared again in the next one. Do I feel bad for thinking this is ARK, it's not a bug, it's a feature? Not anymore :P

• 1 month later...
There is one that you should know and which plays the most important role in taming fenix. You should know how to make a trap and what height. If the pulse is too low, fenix will weld over and fly away :). If you put a trap too close to gunpowder, a place where the fenix fell, it will settle up :) Be honest in the air, you set up a trap. I have 11 fenixas for me :) good luck

Archived