Ok,  so ive followed all the steps ive foumd for running a server from a spare xbox.  Through trial and error ive finally gotten thru most problems people have had in the past.  Last problem left is that the ark game itself seems to "take a nap" while running.  I'll wake the next day and bothe the server xbox and app will be running,  but thins such as sending invites or the "join game" that other players see is unhighlighted.  Only action i can get to work on the server is "exit to main menu" which i restart and everything works great again. I play game,  im not very technical.  Best way for me to describe it is either when the server xbox controller turns off or the game has been running a bit with no one on.... It takes a nap.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you

I'm having the same problem with the Ark on my PC.  I'm running a crossplay server on my PC with a silver account that is connected via family to my gold account (The silver account is signed into the Xbox app).  The server works great, but after a couple of hours of my PC being idle, the same thing that you're experiencing happens.  All of sudden, my silver account is no longer "joinable."  It's the weirdest thing.  Still haven't figured out a way around it yet.

Btw, I made a post on here too, but no replies yet.

Archived