pve Exorbitant prices at Forum

I do not know if they have noticed the exhaustive prices that people put to fool the other in their urgent need. Honestly, I find it incredible. The last one selling Kibble Sarco for Tek stuff and high dinos stats. Really? He say its a normal price on forum. I tell him normal price is 40- 50 Ingots per kibble. Other one only sell bear with good dmg all other stats are bad but he wants for a normal Bear Mosas and Tusos with high stats. Why do people try to cheat others in that non-honest way? Every answer is welcome. Thanks for your time.

11 minutes ago, rexgutierrez said:

I do not know if they have noticed the exhaustive prices that people put to fool the other in their urgent need. Honestly, I find it incredible. The last one selling Kibble Sarco for Tek stuff and high dinos stats. Really? He say its a normal price on forum. I tell him normal price is 40- 50 Ingots per kibble. Other one only sell bear with good dmg all other stats are bad but he wants for a normal Bear Mosas and Tusos with high stats. Why do people try to cheat others in that non-honest way? Every answer is welcome. Thanks for your time.

Yeah, some people is just out of this world with their pricing, I understand a trade with something with the same nature, like kibble per kibble, but is a free world and people can price their belongs as much as the wants, sometimes i think that some people is only looking get some atention on forums, eaither by selling something really rare or just offering trades with ridiculous prices.

2 hours ago, rexgutierrez said:

I find the more experienced and established tribes/players do this because they farm all their ingots on Aberr super easily.

Ingots are not worth much to them as they have multiple vaults full of ingots and structures after so many 2x events. Not to mention, trading ingots in bulk can be a huge hassle for the seller and the buyer for multiple reasons.

This tilts the favor of their preferred accepted currency to TEK, stats, and upgrading their bookshelf BPs. Catering only to other top players that potentially possess what they are looking for in return, causing a split in the community.

Some could argue the high prices add value for the buyer to work for what they are buying. As an example: Any Beach Bob can farm a small amount of ingots for a top stat argy that took weeks and months of work to tame and breed.

I have traded with many people since legacy (see trade history) sure you will get some bad apples who over value their items and people you only deal with once and never again. Fortunately I have crossed paths with few that fit this description. A trade is only made when both parties the seller and the buyer agree to a price. Otherwise we are all free to move on and look elsewhere or just wait for the next top stats to be released by a different seller who is easier to negotiate with.

In the end all things sold on the forum are eventually recycled, repackaged and resold anyway, so live life, play the game and enjoy!

A lot of people overvalue their items. However I find the bane of the Trading Forum to be the ones who auction items with terms and conditions such as "if I don't get a high value enough offer,  I reserve the right to cancel the auction". As if that's how auctioning works in the real world. 

I personally set an value i'm happy to receive for the item I have, rather than the plague of people who want to leech every $ possible for an item.

3 hours ago, Cheels said:

A lot of people overvalue their items. However I find the bane of the Trading Forum to be the ones who auction items with terms and conditions such as "if I don't get a high value enough offer,  I reserve the right to cancel the auction". As if that's how auctioning works in the real world. 

I personally set an value i'm happy to receive for the item I have, rather than the plague of people who want to leech every $ possible for an item.

yes I agree, the traditional way to do an auction is to decide first what your starting bid will be. That is meant to be the bare minimum you would be willing to let the item sell for. 

After that the people bidding are merely just inflating the price until they can't afford the item anymore and stop bidding. If they want it bad enough they will pay whatever it takes to get it. (Rex saddle with low craft cost, high stats, phoenix, Rare RNG BPs, etc)

Rarity, Supply and demand determine the popularity of an auction and how far people are willing to go for pixels. 

However those making the auctions are looking out for their best interests because in the end this is a game and why wouldn't they? This is not the Better Business Bureau so nobody cares, bid or don't bid is what it boils down to. lol

To each their own.

Archived