Is there someplace on the island where I'm not spawn killed instantly?

Tyrion101

9 hours ago, Tyrion101 said:

First 12 tries I got killed or just restart. try 13 I was finally successful for all of 5 minutes when I fell into a hole and was stuck. Googled to find out that dying is my only way of getting unstuck. There should be another way if you play single player. Try 14 I was finally able to find a place, but the only dinasaur it has is that bird that basically takes anything I get every five minutes. How do I delete it from my game? It's nothing but a nuisance. 

When you respawn just try to get as much xp before you die, gather whatever is close. Make picks and hatches. Make clothes. Make spears.

You really should watch some tutorials. 

Here is the link to the server settings wiki page. Advanced settings like removing the birds are done by editing the game.ini and gameusersettings.ini

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

2 minutes ago, Tyrion101 said:

OH, and guess what, as soon as I get an established base my character gets deleted. This game is loads of fun.  

Is this single player mode or server?

For single player, characters get deleted if you make a new one cause it overwrites the old one. Or if you click the new character button instead of respawn. There are admin commands to give for experience back and reclaim your base/tames. There are also backup files, but the character one is a very short window to rollback.

I was new not too long ago...if I hadn't of stuck out those very early stages of learning the basics and losing everything over and over to the environment I wouldn't have gotten to the most awesome parts of the game. Remember that losing your body, inventory, or tames is not the end of the world. You keep your experience and your knowledge of the game, and that's the most important part. This game will teach you to have some serious patience; you just have to stick with it. I remember it took me a long time to finally be able to build a base and then an alpha raptor spawned right next to it and I spent hours dying, respawning, and leading it away with arrows lol. Eventually, it gets easier, but you face new challenges. It is hard and frustrating at times, but that's what makes it all the more satisfying when you finally get it right.

21 hours ago, Moonie1 said:

You gotta be trolling. So many tips have been offered and you still keep saying the game is impossible and broken even tho tons of new people play each day.

No, I am trying to figure out why I can't seem to get started. I know others can, but every time I do anything something happens. I decided to stop playing the Island, and tried the Centre,  right now I've got a base in some old ruins that's very easily defended. Only two ways in or out. Sooner or later something deadly will spawn on top of my base, destroy it, me and everything else I've created, and not allow me to go back there, or my game will be reset yet again for no apparent reason that no one has still given me an answer for.  It's done it twice in three weeks my game being erased I mean.

4 minutes ago, Tyrion101 said:

No, I am trying to figure out why I can't seem to get started. I know others can, but every time I do anything something happens. I decided to stop playing the Island, and tried the Centre,  right now I've got a base in some old ruins that's very easily defended. Only two ways in or out. Sooner or later something deadly will spawn on top of my base, destroy it, me and everything else I've created, and not allow me to go back there, or my game will be reset yet again for no apparent reason that no one has still given me an answer for.  It's done it twice in three weeks my game being erased I mean.

Did you watch any of the YouTube tutorials I recommended?

On July 26, 2018 at 6:53 PM, Paroxyde said:

Lol, I started when max level was 30 and I remember clearly my first gameplay. It was quite easy, the hardest part was meeting up with my friend... It was back then when there was no marker on the map and you just guesstimate where you are and try to meet up at obelisk that seems close but is actually just really big... and far... It's just a matter of dumb luck. Good times... #BringBackBob

7 times? How unlucky can you be? There aren't that much raptors in rag... I think you are more likely to kill yourself from frustration against thieving dinos than from raptors on rag... Island is more understandable... They are everywhere there are trees near a beach. 

Tl; dr: You unlucky, or you messed up the settings. Maybe try a few prayers? Try to see if someone cursed you or did you break a mirror or something? 

Yes navigating used to be very hard, when the most advanced tool was a compass.  It basically only worked once you got familiar with the map, and could say things like "I'm east of the river where we see the spinos" or something.  Was much harder.  We started playing at launch before all the cool stuff was available, or before we knew what was what.

I see raptors all the time on rag though, just the other day I tamed 4 140-150's in an afternoon.  I can usually find raptors within a few hundred yards of our base.

And yea, when we started the new map, had some quite unlucky spawns.  Having been very experienced prior to this, we knew just to keep trying and we would survive, then get started for real.  That was in the past though, we have a big base now with high level tames, and moved on to try aberration.  

Archived