Tips for breeding Rexes for bosses when you don't have a good baseline

Syrilian

So I am trying to breed high level Rex to take on the bosses, but the problem we are having is we can't find Rex with high enough stats to warrant breeding them. Is my only option to pray I find high enough level Rexs or is there another option? Will I eventually be able to breed out to like 5th generation to get high enough stats?

I'm playing solo and one of my goals is to solo all bosses.

I tamed rex after rex 130+, then breeding took a good while and I couldn't do over two without everything dying.

So I just bought one from another tribe and now I got Tek troughs and are breeding more.

You can do gamma brood with tamed Rexes and a yuti. That's what I did.

2 hours ago, Syrilian said:

So I am trying to breed high level Rex to take on the bosses, but the problem we are having is we can't find Rex with high enough stats to warrant breeding them. Is my only option to pray I find high enough level Rexs or is there another option? Will I eventually be able to breed out to like 5th generation to get high enough stats?

considering 11k HP and 411 dmg were the standard base stats everyone was using, im sure you can reach that threshold. Yes they can do all alpha bosses also with some proper levelling and high armor saddles.

1 hour ago, Demerus said:

considering 11k HP and 411 dmg were the standard base stats everyone was using, im sure you can reach that threshold. Yes they can do all alpha bosses also with some proper levelling and high armor saddles.

Well its easy if you are on the servers, you just get handed bloodlines and have essentially 10,000 people working on bloodlines. Just farm ingots and trade.

Single player / Unofficial its a lot harder without just buying your rex eggs

9 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Well its easy if you are on the servers, you just get handed bloodlines and have essentially 10,000 people working on bloodlines. Just farm ingots and trade.

Single player / Unofficial its a lot harder without just buying your rex eggs

those are tamed stats with no / very few mutations btw. This was beginning of official when game went full release.

Also consider now there are TEK rexes with even higher stat potential on tame.

point is OP has to tame and find 48+ pts in HP and dmg. Its not difficult, it just takes time and a lot of kibble.

If your plan is to solo all the bosses, do not use Rexes againt the Alpha Dragon on The Island.

Even 19 of the most god-tier Rexes on Officials have an incredibly difficult time doing the A-Dragon -- most people use Therizino's instead, as Herbivores have an innate that makes them take 30% less damage from Fire-based attacks. 

go center, lava island. at any given point there are over 10 140+ rexes there. tranq all and check pre-stats (30 pre-points acceptable) or skip dmg stat and use magnifying glass for hp. i did the former several times for my tribe, well over 12h per run, and i ended up with 8-10 dinos. a few of those had 45+ stats. some of them were complete failures, meaning barely over 40. rng jesus is a biatch.

I had second generation rex's and some third generation with 30k hp, 300% damage. I had a total of 12 rex's with a daedon and a yuty supporting with buffs and I beat the gamma manticore and I went with 14 rex's to the beta and none died. If you can get someone to help, one person can ride the daedon and one person ride the yuty to apply buffs and whistle your rex's to do all the work. If you have more people try to get the people with the high imprints on rex's fighting. You can shoot a weapon from the daedon so I'd normally equip a compound bow with some fire arrows to light up the deathworms but it's not necessary. The rex's also had primitive saddles.

Archived