DINOS GETTING STUCK IN FLOORS WHILE RAISING

Pri3stSA

Hi there.

I hope im posting this in the correct section.

I have a problem that has been bothering me for awhile now.

When we raise Rex, or Gigas, or whatever, we get the dinos to 10% maturation fill the troughs and log off or carry on with other things. Now where we have our raising area, its obviously on Metal Ceilings, when you leave the area the building De-renders, upon entering the area again the building obviously renders again, but, making the dinos get stuck into the ceilngs, looking like there are there hanging on for dear life.

Might I ask if there is a way to curb this problem, besides raising babies outside on the naked ground?

Any though and/or advise to this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

My suggestion is when you Re-enter or Relog-in ( before entering the breeding/raising chamber)stand still for a while to let everything finish rendering. 

I have this problem too with my vultures and some babies dinos sinking in the floor or ceiling. So I move myself out of the room, log off then log back in, wait for a while standing. Then go back to vultures, voila, they're back on the floor again.

every dino is on x y z world coordinates.
a baby grows and expands in size.
the z coordinate of the growing dino is not corrected and so its feet expand into the surface they stand on.
a little bit is ok and you can see baby feet disappear into the ceiling, whip or kick or let them follow you and the z coordinate is corrected.
if you are to late with this and the baby is to deep the game wont allow you to move it anymore.
the solution to this bug is to move it occasionally.
if it did get stuck, sit on a dino near it and whistle it, it will then make use of another bug and it will at some point phase thru the structures and free itself. this will happen during rendering of the base and can take 1 day to several days.

these bugs are part of endgame content and are considered super low priority, just like the other bugs like dino baby collision box is larger then the baby, not porting into bossfights, loosing a char, neutral water animals not reacting to attacks, water animals leaving water pens, neutral water dinos that stop fighting go on some kind of passive flee, sinking into teleporters etc etc.

Yeah, I have had this issue aswell and its really annoying. Having to demolish ceilings to get rexes out.

If I can give the OP here a tip, I walk the dinos once or twice a day, so they kinda 'pop' out.

It helped for me. but it's still annoying that (even after they said it was fixed) it still occurs.

I'm also like raising till 10% and than leave em there to grow.

With small dino's it's not that bad (anky's for example), if they get stuck, you can pick em up afterwards with a argent or quets.

But not rexes / spinos / gigas, etc.

So, hope this helps you out a bit and also hope they fix it soon. 

Gl

Archived