Xbox One X - Worth Picking Up In The XBL Summer Sale?

DannyQ

Hi,

New to the forums as i could not find the information i was looking for online so hoping the community can help out.

So I've been looking at this game from release and have watched many hours of Streamers play the various different versions of the game with and without mods so i have a good grasp on what the game is about. When Ark was first released into Xbox Live Preview Program i tried the 1 hour free trail of the game on my Xbox OG and i was not impressed. From what i saw the game was an un-optimised mess full of bugs and glitches. A few years later i have since upgraded the Xbox One X and i am hoping the developers have ironed out a lot of problems and what with the added power of the X it runs far smoother.

Last night i attempted to play the 1 hour free play again, hoping i had enough time to see if graphically it had improved but i was redirected to the Xbox Store to purchase. The game is currently 60% off so very tempted to pick up tonight after work but before i do so i would like to get you opinion on the current state of the game.

If i do get i will be planing on playing single player until i get a grip of all the game mechanics and from what i hear playing on a multiplayer server can be problematic what with your base getting raided and hours of grinding being lost. 

So if you be so kind to give me your impressions of the Xbox 1X version of the game, how does it perform, has some of the original issues the game had been addressed and how does it hold up against the PC version of the game (does the console version have all the functionality of PC version).

Thank you for your time and hopefully input

Dan. 

Guest DJRone89

The X has a high quality option however if you turn it off, it increases the FPS which is still a big improvement on the original Xbox.

Well I recently upgraded to a One X from a normal One. It is a huge difference. Not only does it looks so much better , but it performs way better than on a normal one. ( runs smooth without the constant little mini freezes you get on normal One ).
However vs. PC  Pc ( Steam ) version will always be superior over console. On pc you have much smaller download sizes , more regular updates , get updates much earlier than console , ability to use mods ( don't underestimate the difference mods make ) , have full control over your save games and can have as many multiple backups of your saves as you like , better configuration abilities with access to .ini file editing , can run some colour events in single player via command line options or .ini settings that can't be done on console.

Is the One X version worth it over the Normal One , defnitely yes.
Is it better than the PC ( Steam ) version , nope. PC ( Steam ) version has way more advantages , IF you have a strong enough rig to run it.

PS , I play it both on Xbox and PC ( Steam ) and my opinions are based on my experiences on both platforms.

Archived