Community Crunch 141: Special Colored Dinos Ending Tomorrow & Xbox Sale!

Jen

23 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

I was expecting the colors to be around until the next tek dino was released, kinda like how they did last time. In fact, i have been avoiding looking for good colored dinos till the rush died down. That's what i get for expecting wildcard to stick with the same schedule.

They literally said it was for a week when the event launched. Entirely your fault.

Just now, Garyo86 said:

yeah, i put in a ticket days ago after i lost 18 rexes plus yuty, asc saddles because it was refusing to land and still no reply. reluctant to do boss fights now, sort out your buggy se boss WILDCARD!!

i do not expect more often landing manticore.problem is wyverns looping  on landing animation in arena.WC broke it after patch v279.275.and still not fixed

7 minutes ago, phantom55 said:

i do not expect more often landing manticore.problem is wyverns looping  on landing animation in arena.WC broke it after patch v279.275.and still not fixed

its lands a split second then takes off again before any damage can be done to it, repeats that until all time is done. I'm a one man tribe so this sort of thing is a big set back that should not be happening. they should have left it getting trapped in rexes rather than this buggy crap that costs you time and effort. if you got the power on dinos, then it should allow you to defeat it in that way. 
as for the wyvern method, no one has time to arrange the wyverns to go in. more time wasted than in the fight itself

Edited by Garyo86

I have to agree with you guys on this one, ark is an amazing game with an incredible story, fanbase, and amazing overall content, and they have done an amazing job making the game out to be what it is today. But I fully agree with you when you say that some of the things they have done are sorely lacking in thought. For example

- making content before bug fixes. If there is one thing that I can say 100% as a fact it's that people within the gaming community for ANY GAME absolutely HATE when game developers care more about quantity vs. quality. this sadly seems to fit Wildcard perfectly with the way that they handle this issue. They often will ignore any community advice on what needs to be fixed and if they do listen they will fix it on there own time (which is not unreasonable) but it certainly does not help people in the long run.

- trying to do 6,000 projects at once (not literally of course) Wildcard also had some sort of idea up in that head of theirs everytime they said they were going to do something and then did something else entirely who here remembers “Ark Primal Survival?” I'm going to quote gamepedia here. “ARK: Primal Survival is an upcoming Total Conversion for ARK: Survival Evolved. It was first announced at E3 2016 and planned for release in February 2017, but is currently delayed until an unknown date. In this Total Conversion, players will be able to play, live, and breed as any of the ARK creatures.” Instead of releasing it like they said they would they added some more dinos a couple patches a dlc and completely forgot about it. They said that they were going to work on more in game content around the time they announced “aberration” up until it’s release, and instead we got “PixArk” and there doing it again right now as well when they announced extinction and claimed that was there top priority and then released “Ark Mobile.” I do know that these games were made by studios other than WildCard so it does not affect there work on the main game but it still seems it does anyway.

(now I feel I do need to clarify. I am not right now and never in a million years will I hate on ark it’s an incredible game and they do what the can to give us the best experience they can. And more likely than not there is some misinformation in here.I Don't know...I wrote this at school...cough* but I am trying to do what I think some amount of justice so tell me if you agree or not and please tell me if I got something wrong!!!)

3 hours ago, Manbearpig256 said:

Very good question. Scorpions are so broken right now. It's hard to take advantage of their torpor abilities when they kill everything before it gets knocked out. 

Yeah!  Horses are really the only thing that is close to being very functional for KO'ing stuff.  And even they are on a 3.5x damage-to-torpor multiplier.  Scorpions are on a 3x multiplier, while crossbows are on a 4.5x multiplier.  Horses come close but only on shallower torpor pool creatures with DECENT HP, like bulky herbivores, carnos, raptors, pteras, stuff like that.  I have a 900% melee horse that really saved me tons of arrows!  But... the scorpion being on a ~4x multiplier would be splendid!

20 hours ago, Garyo86 said:

yeah, i put in a ticket days ago after i lost 18 rexes plus yuty, asc saddles because it was refusing to land and still no reply. reluctant to do boss fights now, sort out your buggy se boss WILDCARD!!

Yep I had same Problem lost 17 rexes 1 yuti all saddles the thing was floating across screen erratically at one point. Submitted a ticket not holding my breath on a reply though ?

• Facepalm 1

I think my favorite part of this event was when my server stopped showing up on the list, only to find out its been running this entire time when i got ONE chance to login over 6 days, I was so excited to tame a ravager in my favorite color, and then your failure of a server system and support system tore that chance away from me. Can't wait to see what color ravagers i won't get a chance to tame in the next phase!

Guest DJRone89
On 7/27/2018 at 9:18 AM, Verisia said:

Is there any word on when the coloured dinos will stop spawning? they said it will turn off and they havent turned it off....i dont want to panic tame crappy lowbies.... =p 

They have stopped spawning but all remaining coloured dinos will still be there until killed or tamed.

pls stop the 2x events. U already doubled the rates thats now the normal 1x and the game is geting way way to easy, what got me started playing this 3years ago was that is was a real challenge, a true  survival game wich it aint anymore and all servers are capped and close to cap this jsut adds to the problem.

Edited by fancypants
  • Confused 1