Community Crunch 141: Special Colored Dinos Ending Tomorrow & Xbox Sale!

Jen

1 hour ago, Akira280 said:

Maybe an update on answering support tickets?

Support is lacking, kited, vapid in assistance and will be for the foreseeable future. This is unfortunately the reality of it(out side of those who will throw out anecdotal examples they experience on rare occasion to the contrary.)  Given the majority of players opt to play on unofficial servers and away from official/legacies due to a lack of (and intentional with legacy I might add) support,  You may want to consider then making such a non issue and making different play choices.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JuggaloCard said:

Why can't we have breeding instead? That would be more useful than another taming event. Maybe even some more patches to fix a few things like the lag on Ragnarok. 

Because a lot of servers are capped to all hell and they don’t need want to do anything to really address the cap issue.

10 hours ago, SpamEatingChikn said:

I would trade all the Crunches and Events in the world just to get some technical support on Xbox. All this talk of the next DLC, contests, and events, and all, but the game is falling apart at the seams on Xbox. Just look at the forums. People who’ve bought and paid for the product are getting no response to their service tickets and a big F U in the form of absolute silence. I don’t know what the Wildcard 35 person staff is doing with all their profits.

Glad i am not the only one that feels this way :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bazookajack85 said:

Would you rather no event? I can't say this enough. There used to be a time back in the old days of ark where there was no such thing as a evolution event. And in that time harvesting, taming, and xp were half the value. Go to a single player game and set the harvest and taming to 0.5 and see what the days of old were like. A time when a 150 rex took almost 4 hours or a rock golam took almost a day and a half on sulfer.

Enjoy the same old events. One day they may disappear altogether.

just because something used to be terrible doesn't mean people should just accept the current state of affairs even if they are marginally better than they were.  I personally don't care what the official servers do but your response just rubbed me the wrong way.  The change you speak of, the permanent rescaling of what 1.0 means in the difficulty slider came around due to massive opinion that the previous rates just weren't fun.

11 hours ago, Novarae said:

Support is lacking, kited, vapid in assistance and will be for the foreseeable future. This is unfortunately the reality of it(out side of those who will throw out anecdotal examples they experience on rare occasion to the contrary.)  Given the majority of players opt to play on unofficial servers and away from official/legacies due to a lack of (and intentional with legacy I might add) support,  You may want to consider then making such a non issue and making different play choices.

May have to. I keep trying to give this game a chance man. I really am, after all I payed for it to be able to experience the game the way it was intended. I hope this isn't what is intended

• Like 1

Well i managed to get around 15 minutes on xboxone playing single-player on the island map before another crash to desktop, so i have now uninstalled Ark.

Wish i could get some proper game time without the constant crashes. Only upside for me is that i only paid £10 for Ark, feel sorry for all the other xbox players that paid full price for a seriously broken game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

just because something used to be terrible doesn't mean people should just accept the current state of affairs even if they are marginally better than they were.  I personally don't care what the official servers do but your response just rubbed me the wrong way.  The change you speak of, the permanent rescaling of what 1.0 means in the difficulty slider came around due to massive opinion that the previous rates just weren't fun.

More like... everyone was quitting the game which resulted in declining core game and DLC sales. The rates were doubled in December, 2016 and if you look at Steam Charts... the player base nearly doubled over the course of Jan, Feb, Mar. I'm trying to think if anything else happened around then that would boost the numbers like that, but i can't. SE was released months before. The sales boom in december, 2017 was aberration.

https://steamcharts.com/app/346110

/edit

Wait a second. These numbers are highly suspect. There is no way they gained 33% in the player base in the month before last. People were calling it quits on every server I play on. And to top it off, last month it says they added another 13%.... yet somehow the total players stayed the same?  /confused.

Edited by AndrewLB

16 hours ago, Bazookajack85 said:

Would you rather no event? I can't say this enough. There used to be a time back in the old days of ark where there was no such thing as a evolution event. And in that time harvesting, taming, and xp were half the value. Go to a single player game and set the harvest and taming to 0.5 and see what the days of old were like. A time when a 150 rex took almost 4 hours or a rock golam took almost a day and a half on sulfer.

Enjoy the same old events. One day they may disappear altogether.

dude did u even play when ark got released? it took 16hours to tame a fking rex lvl 130

3 hours ago, Akira280 said:

Trust me I play on both... Support for PC isn't anywhere near what they make it out to be

At least on PC if you play single player you have a way to back up and/or revert saves. On Xbox the save can get corrupted and automatically deleted and there’s literally nothing you can do to backup and prevent it because Xbox saves to all locations simultaneously and automatically.

dumb game design by wildcard to allow one save per map and dumb design but Microsoft for making saving function like this