Alpha Carno matchup

AmaZeeJxq

2 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Your doed I think is able to tank it for a long time while you bite it with the allo. What other dinos do you have?

Got a level 240 anky, 3 levels into melee and 5k health, got a level 200 castoroides, the anky has a mastercraft saddle with 60 armor

Edit: The carno should be doing 120 per bite according to the wiki. 

1 minute ago, AmaZeeJxq said:

Got a level 240 anky, 3 levels into melee and 5k health, got a level 200 castoroides, the anky has a mastercraft saddle with 60 armor

Then yes you can kill it definitely with your herbivores :) I think just the anky might work but id recommend bringing your backup dinos... might as well!

the carno will have anywhere from 8-15k hp and 80-100 dmg according to wiki. Sometimes alpha dont fight back... if that happens you have a free kill!

10 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Careful with the allosaurus though, it might get hurt. Good luck! I would suggest maybe kiting it into a box to kill it in case it goes wrong for whatever reason, then you can escape

What kind of box should I make? Can they fit through regular stone gates? I need something i can hit it through

@AmaZeeJxq Have to ask, with the dinos you do have, how come you don't have a decent argent or do you? Only asking because with any decent stats these guys can wreck alpha carnos... the big reason for that is the moment you start getting low on stam or health you can land out of reach to recharge. You can also avoid a lot of hits by coming in from above and behind, and trying to stay there while raining damage.

I think you're squad will take down a level 20 pretty easily, but once you're in the fight you're in it, and I'd be a little worried about something going wrong, like other wilds joining in. Your day is going to get a lot less fun if the carno knocks you into a high level theri that's wondered into the action, a pack of wolves shows up, you get dismounted by a raptor (I think they can get allo riders), etc. etc.

3 hours ago, Arkasaurio said:

@AmaZeeJxq Have to ask, with the dinos you do have, how come you don't have a decent argent or do you? Only asking because with any decent stats these guys can wreck alpha carnos... the big reason for that is the moment you start getting low on stam or health you can land out of reach to recharge. You can also avoid a lot of hits by coming in from above and behind, and trying to stay there while raining damage.

I think you're squad will take down a level 20 pretty easily, but once you're in the fight you're in it, and I'd be a little worried about something going wrong, like other wilds joining in. Your day is going to get a lot less fun if the carno knocks you into a high level theri that's wondered into the action, a pack of wolves shows up, you get dismounted by a raptor (I think they can get allo riders), etc. etc.

I have a level 100 argent, I pumped weight on it though. I really didn't want to spend so much time taming a 150 argy.

19 hours ago, AmaZeeJxq said:

I have a level 100 argent, I pumped weight on it though. I really didn't want to spend so much time taming a 150 argy.

That's fair, I can understand pumping weight. Your tamed lvl 100 would have been fine too leveled differently. Not sure what rates you're playing (official?) but I think good argies are worth the prime tame. However like I was saying, even lvl 100s with the right leveling will take carnos easy. You'll need to regen health, but that's as simple as killing something easy nearby to get the healing buff, then sit on a rock out of reach while force feeding meat.

Anyway, just how I go about it, many ways skin an alpha carno ?

Archived