Does the game take into account what you already have when spawning?

Syrilian

So long story short, over the last few months we have been taming high level Rexes as well as breeding them to face the spider.  As time went on, we found it very difficult to find wild Rexs. As in I flew over the entire Island and found 3 rexs. There were so few rexs that we were able to maybe tame 2 rexs over a month's time.  Through breeding, we were able to get enough rexs to take to the spider.  Well, we ended up wiping out at the spider. The next day,  we found at least 10 rexs,  about half of them high enough level to tame and were of breeding stock.

My question is, does the game take into account your tames and spawn less of a certain species if you have alot of them? 

1 hour ago, Syrilian said:

So long story short, over the last few months we have been taming high level Rexes as well as breeding them to face the spider.  As time went on, we found it very difficult to find wild Rexs. As in I flew over the entire Island and found 3 rexs. There were so few rexs that we were able to maybe tame 2 rexs over a month's time.  Through breeding, we were able to get enough rexs to take to the spider.  Well, we ended up wiping out at the spider. The next day,  we found at least 10 rexs,  about half of them high enough level to tame and were of breeding stock.

My question is, does the game take into account your tames and spawn less of a certain species if you have alot of them? 

Definite no to your question. Nearly everything about the game was originally conceived in terms of there being different tribes. For sake of argument, let's say you and your friends were all in different tribes, you have 20 rexs, and each of your buds have 0. Would the map not spawn rexs because you have 20 or would it spawn a bunch because they don't have them? Basically with the way the game is setup there's no way to effectively base spawns on what people have.

40 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

Definite no to your question. Nearly everything about the game was originally conceived in terms of there being different tribes. For sake of argument, let's say you and your friends were all in different tribes, you have 20 rexs, and each of your buds have 0. Would the map not spawn rexs because you have 20 or would it spawn a bunch because they don't have them? Basically with the way the game is setup there's no way to effectively base spawns on what people have.

Except for unicorns. Tamed fill in the single spawn slot they can have.

45 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

That makes sense.  In regards to how it does weight, does it include your tames in the weight of an area?

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Except for unicorns. Tamed fill in the single spawn slot they can have.

Correct, I almost mentioned that but didn't want to confuse things ?. Do titans have the same effect, or if one's tamed will another wild spawn?

1 hour ago, Syrilian said:

That makes sense.  In regards to how it does weight, does it include your tames in the weight of an area?

No, and as far as I know, it doesn't even include wilds beyond the raw dino count in the area. Particular spawn points can spawn particular dinos, there's a % chance for each dino (that can spawn) at each spawn point. The game doesn't look at the number of a particular type of wild (or tamed dino) and adjust the chances of that dino spawning, it just looks at the total number of dinos in the area. This is why, if you're manually clearing and area to generate new spawns, you don't just kill the dino you want to spawn, you kill everything. Or some folks know which dinos share spawns with other dinos, in your case rexs, and just clear those dinos out.

14 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

Correct, I almost mentioned that but didn't want to confuse things ?. Do titans have the same effect, or if one's tamed will another wild spawn?

No, and as far as I know, it doesn't even include wilds beyond the raw dino count in the area. Particular spawn points can spawn particular dinos, there's a % chance for each dino (that can spawn) at each spawn point. The game doesn't look at the number of a particular type of wild (or tamed dino) and adjust the chances of that dino spawning, it just looks at the total number of dinos in the area. This is why, if you're manually clearing and area to generate new spawns, you don't just kill the dino you want to spawn, you kill everything. Or some folks know which dinos share spawns with other dinos, in your case rexs, and just clear those dinos out.

I think titans do as well.

Phoenixes don't, but we find on awfully fast once one leaves the server but that might be a placebo effect

Archived