on UnOffical Servers is there a tame limit

joha

1 hour ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

Just for Official servers. I guess lag is a limit for unofficial.

Regards,

Ariana 

Of course Unofficials have a tame limit per tribe. I am staring at one right now of 250 dinos per tribe. Obviously the server admin can change the amount a tribe can have. As for the server tame cap I would guess its stil a thing on unofficial I just dont know if the admin could change this. Basically what @GP said. Although I guess theoretically you could increase the limits beyond the capacity of the server...

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, DuoMog said:

From the wiki at https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

MaxTamedDinos=4000   Sets the maximum number of tamed Dinos on a Server, this is a global cap.
MaxPersonalTamedDinos=Number   Activates a per-tribe dino tame limit. (500 on official servers)

These can be changed on unofficial servers.

Yup that's what I mentioned in my post. Ariana however seems to think otherwise!

Hello,

During early access I had a server, I had about seven tribes. I had a few builds including a bridge to herb. The server became very bad, just from lag.

The dino count made the server lagging but it was fun. All had admin rights.

Going for high numbers like on official servers is not necessary when just a few tribes play.

So limit for me was lag,  but since then much have been done to address that problem.

Why do one want a capped owned server. It is not something I could agree with or promote since I think it's toxic and ugly. Notame server is then a better option.

Regards 

Ariana 

Archived