Tek stego 180 worth kibble?

Grandta

On 7/19/2018 at 11:38 AM, Grandta said:

I found a wild 180 and was going to tame it till I seen it needed 75 kibble at 1H-30min tame or 1,000 berries and 7H-30min tame.

Rex wasn't that bad at 39 kibble.

Is it worth the kibble tame?

Heres the thing Grand:

People can argue with this if they'd like, and pretend that miracles happen with every tame on the ARK, but you can easily find out if it is worth taming after you knock it out.

Look at its BEST pre-tame stat, as tracked through dododex.com or some other fancy website.  Figure out the point-value of said highest stat.  Find out the maximum amount of bonus levels kibble will give you (in your case of a level 180, it is 89).  Multiply the bonus levels by .07 (to approximate the gain from 7% of the bonus levels going to the highest stat).  Again, in your case of a level 180 tek stego, it would be 6 levels.  If the highest stat the tek stego has would be a boon to you with only 6 of 89 bonus levels, then it is worth it to tame it.

This is advice after hundreds and hundreds of tames, and watching how bonus levels get divvied up, and I can say with 100% certainty that the highest stat can receive as little as 7% of the bonus levels.  At the same time, you'll watch a 15-point pretame stat frequently gain (on a level 150 pre-tame) gain 12-14 extra points, getting it to a still-crappy 27-29 points while consuming close to 20 percent of the gained bonus levels.

Archived