Building: Pillar snap point advice

Monde

Hi,

So I decided to not build a square greenhouse but went for a hex shape. I thought it would be really interesting the have 4 pillars in the middle then the pipes coming out of them almost like a fountain. The 4 pillars in the middle to be joined so that they look like a thick center pillar and not  4 seperste ones. I cant seem to get the pillars to snap not even not snap so I can manually move them into place. The most I can get is 3 if I have a single middle pillar and one on each edge.

Any advice on how to do this would be appreciated as most of the tutorials are for making a circle but the pillars are not touching.

The way pillars are it's impossible to place them too close together because of their snap points, you can do what you want but is easier on servers with collision detection disabled, you need to place 2 sets of parallel fence foundations, use k cam/orbital cam to place them so they're all straight then you should be able to snap pillars to the ends, with collision detection disabled you can space them tighter together.

2u8dtnd.jpg

One on the left is with collision detection disabled.

n1rzi1.jpg

This is the spacing you need, might be possible to tweak the right hand side one's a little but I was messing about for a while with them so don't think there's much more tolerance for moving them closer together before collision detection blocks you placing the pillars, also note the one on the right was uneven, I couldn't get the top level, not sure if it was the ground or collision detection interfering with the snap points, if it's the ground then you'll need to make sure it's perfectly flat where you place them as you won't be able to level them by using ceilings and building down because of them using unnatural snap points.

15 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

This is the spacing you need, might be possible to tweak the right hand side one's a little but I was messing about for a while with them so don't think there's much more tolerance for moving them closer together before collision detection blocks you placing the pillars, also note the one on the right was uneven, I couldn't get the top level, not sure if it was the ground or collision detection interfering with the snap points, if it's the ground then you'll need to make sure it's perfectly flat where you place them as you won't be able to level them by using ceilings and building down because of them using unnatural snap points.

That really helped thanks.  Yes having an issue with the heights also so thinking of making a small stone roof cap to cover the uneven pillars.

Archived