Linux graphics should be fixed with priority

headlesscyborg

Hello.

I bought ARK two weeks ago, played ~30 hours and I really like it. Howewer I'm not happy with the current state of Linux graphics at all. The difference is obviously huge and should be taken with priority if you want to keep asking the same money. The Linux version runs on an old OpenGL and the graphics looks very ugly.

Could we get an official statement from ARK devs about this serious issue? Is Vulkan port happening?

See for yourself:

In my opinion the difference it pretty huge. The Linux community can currently decide between ARK, Rust and 7 Days To Die when looking for a survival multiplayer game. In my personal opinion, ARK is the best. I recommend ARK to everyone even though these games are not the same and there are Linux-specific issues.

I'd like to see ARK with a decent Linux support because it's an amazing game and I know WC devs can find a way to fix everything. I bought all DLCs from Steam for Linux to give +1 to Linux sales and wrote a positive review on Steam. Of course it's nothing compared to the Windows market but I try to do my best to show my support. Any official statement regarding the Linux version would be appreciated. A friend of mine played 2200 hours on Linux and although he loves the game already he would like to know WC plans with the Linux version.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, I actually appreciate the support (thank you very much WildCard Studios) but I'd like to know if they are ever going to fix it.

16 hours ago, CitoaK said:

mv  -f WCdevsupport.bin /dev/null      :)

Edit, if you get my drift lol

Its funny.. only if you know Linux. 

But honestly Linux and Mac doesnt get much support around games. there is a lot of high end Mac systems that cant get the game running. linux is a lot more DIY and drivers and Unreal engine was ported to a popular distro.. and running nightly version of drivers to get some sort of FPS causes other apps to glitch out.. 

• 9 months later...

As an early access purchaser I must say I had high hopes for this game on Linux, but as time went on it just got worse and worse. If you've never played on windows you wouldn't notice per se, but once you have the difference is just too great and too obvious. The caves are missing textures, you can't fight any off the bosses because the shaders are severely off, no sun to know what time of day it is, no music to warn for sunrise/nightfall and it takes longer for this game to load into the map than it takes for a 286 to boot windows 10. Vulkan has good support on both Windows and Linux but whenever a new renderer gets mentioned its 'Direct3D X' with the followup "we don't have time to develop for Linux".

Suffice to say, I'm not going to buy any WC products as my trust has been damaged beyond repair.

On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 10:51 PM, Trainingmacro said:

As an early access purchaser I must say I had high hopes for this game on Linux, but as time went on it just got worse and worse. If you've never played on windows you wouldn't notice per se, but once you have the difference is just too great and too obvious. The caves are missing textures, you can't fight any off the bosses because the shaders are severely off, no sun to know what time of day it is, no music to warn for sunrise/nightfall and it takes longer for this game to load into the map than it takes for a 286 to boot windows 10. Vulkan has good support on both Windows and Linux but whenever a new renderer gets mentioned its 'Direct3D X' with the followup "we don't have time to develop for Linux".

Suffice to say, I'm not going to buy any WC products as my trust has been damaged beyond repair.

Wha? 'You cant fight bosses because shaders are off' ? Im confused how that makes you not be able to not fight them? 

Archived