Tek on aberration need a serious rework ...

anguelwyvern

like the title sugest, i do believe after playing a good 1.5K+ on aberration only, that yes tek do indeed require a serious rework and let me explain why

tek suit ? well it has been talked over and over again, but i dont mind it not being able to properly "fly", what bother me is that its not "rad proof" ...

seriously ..., anyway a fix would be to add a tek grams unlockable only by alpha RW, that would add an item (pretty much like the glider or motor)

that we could attach to the body, and would act as a rad suit addons

but more importantly

teleporter lol not allowing this is purely a gigantic joke, dont come to me with the "abb, is suposed to be hard to move arround bla bla"

my answear "tek transmitter", upload your stuff, dino, fast travel with a bed, and download everythign back, congratulation you have yourself a "TELEPORTER"

yes dino will have a re-upload CD, and the upload timer, might be annoying but still, when i can move 20 reaper from lets say fertile lake, to red surface entry in less than 5 sec, i call that a teleporter ...

thus not allowing it is hmmm ... stu...

nameless spawn on metal, cool i can somehow understand it (even if reaper cant bury on metal nameless can ...,

can even use that at our advantage to get prego with same queen on multiple ppl)

but they shouldnt be able to with tek floor, here why

tek building need element, element made inside "charge node" so it literally make element out of charge energy,

so taking that into consideration, tek building are literraly charged stuff, thus should scare nameless away

here for explaination, but in short no nameless shouldnt be able to spawn in tek base at all ...

tek light, should be able to have  a switch mode a regular light, and charged light effect (having less range or whatever you want)

oh and yes tek rock drake saddle, was hoping that this one would protect passenger ..., same should be able to ...

hope a dev will see this and take it into consideration ...

I did not know that queens would not bury after they did the impregnation if they were on metal. I also didn't know you could get pregnant more than once off the same queen! 

(>^.^)> Flash <(^.^<) 
Tribe: Glowboys 
Servers: NA-PVE-OfficialtheIsland 342, NA-PVE-ScorchedEarth 370, NA-PVE-Ragnarok 81, NA-PVE-Aberration 277

3 hours ago, FlashBeat said:

I did not know that queens would not bury after they did the impregnation if they were on metal. I also didn't know you could get pregnant more than once off the same queen! 

(>^.^)> Flash <(^.^<) 
Servers: NA-PVE-OfficialtheIsland 342, NA-PVE-ScorchedEarth 370, NA-PVE-Ragnarok 81, NA-PVE-Aberration 277

best way to get many high lvl reaper ;)

Ok time to put my nerd hat on. Per the explorer notes we know a few things about tek. We know that future humans use tek and it is reasonable to assume they invented it. Per Diana and Rockwells notes the future humans power their tek through the use of element but they warn Rockwell not to mess with element because it can have dangerous effects on people. Rockwell all on his own against the advice of the future humans experimented on glowbugs and other charge carrying animals to create the first charge lantern. This actually impressed the future humans who had apparently never considered using tek/element to create charge light. So I don't think it's right to say tek is made out of charge energy more like charge light can be produced through a certain process which can be powered using element, the same power source used to power tek.  Everything else though I agree with, also can I use your solid metal reaper trap lol? That sounds awesome.

7 hours ago, FlashBeat said:

(>^.^)> Flash <(^.^<) 

It works with stone traps too!

I would also like to add that the tek railgun is very disappointing. Having a weapon that clearly should be a marksman weapon with such a poor range makes it underwhelming. I understand the need to balance range and the wallhack ability it provides, but I think they could have designed it better: the range could be the same as a regular longneck BUT when you toggle the xray vision, only then would it's range be cut so significantly.

11 hours ago, anguelwyvern said:

like the title sugest, i do believe after playing a good 1.5K+ on aberration only, that yes tek do indeed require a serious rework and let me explain why

tek suit ? well it has been talked over and over again, but i dont mind it not being able to properly "fly", what bother me is that its not "rad proof" ...

seriously ..., anyway a fix would be to add a tek grams unlockable only by alpha RW, that would add an item (pretty much like the glider or motor)

that we could attach to the body, and would act as a rad suit addons

but more importantly

teleporter lol not allowing this is purely a gigantic joke, dont come to me with the "abb, is suposed to be hard to move arround bla bla"

my answear "tek transmitter", upload your stuff, dino, fast travel with a bed, and download everythign back, congratulation you have yourself a "TELEPORTER"

yes dino will have a re-upload CD, and the upload timer, might be annoying but still, when i can move 20 reaper from lets say fertile lake, to red surface entry in less than 5 sec, i call that a teleporter ...

thus not allowing it is hmmm ... stu...

nameless spawn on metal, cool i can somehow understand it (even if reaper cant bury on metal nameless can ...,

can even use that at our advantage to get prego with same queen on multiple ppl)

but they shouldnt be able to with tek floor, here why

tek building need element, element made inside "charge node" so it literally make element out of charge energy,

so taking that into consideration, tek building are literraly charged stuff, thus should scare nameless away

here for explaination, but in short no nameless shouldnt be able to spawn in tek base at all ...

tek light, should be able to have  a switch mode a regular light, and charged light effect (having less range or whatever you want)

oh and yes tek rock drake saddle, was hoping that this one would protect passenger ..., same should be able to ...

hope a dev will see this and take it into consideration ...

All great ideas, none of them will be implemented. Because reasons.

Tek Suit? As it is, I doubt they will do anything about it. But we'll see as time goes. SE had some changes as of late, Aberration might have in the future as well.

Going to be honest: Since you already stated "dont come "blablabla regarding the teleporter, you already know why. Stupid, yes, but it would end up like having flyers allowed in a subterranean ark map if that were to be permitted. Why would WC not permit dinos with no aberration counterpart here in the first place?

Nameless disregards buildings foundations if they do spawn, even if its made out of tek (why would you even want to build a building out of tek anyways in PvE? There isn't even a Titanosaur in Aberration). They fear only the charge light, which the Tek Structure lacks.

Tek light won't ever get changed. Its part of a Free DLC map made by a mod developer now part of the team. But like the Tek Suit, it could change, one day.

I really, really don't see the point how any of the TEK saddle are meant to protect riders and passengers, given the fact they already possess the ability to shoot element plasma bullet. Look at other TEK saddle. Do they have any way of protection for rider? No, not even mosasaur. I don't see how this saddle needs protection either.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, Kawarriorking said:

Everything else though I agree with, also can I use your solid metal reaper trap lol? That sounds awesome.

Yeah, could you give me the dimensions of your reaper queen trap? I definitely have to try it!

(>^.^)> Flash <(^.^<) 

here some screen shot for the reaper queen multi prego trap

from behind view

82BCB233CFEC481BD482865F8AE4994CC822F83E

TOP view

A9EE69943D2DC127A39E87E6194BCF724AAC22D6

and front right side

1149F274511A3BCA4E146A3DA2E714884A5020CB

enjoy

18 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Nameless disregards buildings foundations if they do spawn, even if its made out of tek (why would you even want to build a building out of tek anyways in PvE?

who said i was in PVE ?

sorry to disapoint you, but no, im in PVP and even if ppl were in PVE i dont see why ppl shouldnt be allowed to make tek stuff just because its PVE or PVP

1 hour ago, anguelwyvern said:

who said i was in PVE ?

sorry to disapoint you, but no, im in PVP and even if ppl were in PVE i dont see why ppl shouldnt be allowed to make tek stuff just because its PVE or PVP

You misread me. I said in PvE in general. I didn't stated you were playing in PvE and neither do I even know you were playing PvP in the first place. And I did not state anything about "tek shouldn't be allowed" on the quoted post.

16 hours ago, Vaculity said:

You misread me. I said in PvE in general. I didn't stated you were playing in PvE and neither do I even know you were playing PvP in the first place. And I did not state anything about "tek shouldn't be allowed" on the quoted post.

oh well then apologies ^^ , my english isnt my main, so i can easily missunderstand somethime

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the basic idea. Ive been playing aberration only since it came out last december and we need a revamp. the entire reason to play on this map is to end game craft element and beef your tribe up with tek before extinction hits. personally ive made over 200 element in the last 2 days solo for this exact reason. but the thing is, tek sucks on aberration on multiple levels. First off there is no reason for rockwell not to drop the replicator, he should, no exception and the same with the teleporter not working on ab its ridiculous and should be changed, second we need a tek structure that rockwell could give us the engram for which would let us make our own charge nodes. as an owner of 600+ charge batteries im soooo tired of recharging them using the basic aberration charge nodes. The tek suit by default should be able to protect from radiation damage, that needs to be fixed for sure. and to be honest i think the element gain should be buffed again from 3 to 5 because at the moment grinding the dragon manticore fight on rag is a much better method of element gain than ab element crafting, and that should not be the case.

I agree with everything but the buff of 3 to 5 for crafting element. Personally i think a better substitute would be to add an element reward to the boss fight and to increase alpha basi spawns. Crafting element is easy but tedious for large amounts needed for filling turrets and upkeeping several tek generators.

Archived