My Tribe's Been Stolen.

scenestr

Hi guys,

i am unsure if i can do anything about this, but me and my brothers have been playing on EU ORP clusters for about 9 months now untill last night.

my brother while trying to set up ranking systems has accidentally made one of our members leader of our tribe. he lives on the other side of the world then us and insted of giving ownership back he has kicked us all, changed tribe names and been offline since.
This is 9 months worth of work. gone in an instant? can anything be done about this?
ARK, will i ever be able to have my tribe back again? 

fair call, the guy that done it has been in the tribe for 4 months, and he was a good friend, i dont think he had anything like this planned, just seen the opportunity and took it. it sucks this can happen. 

this will be the last straw for me and my brothers, i know in theory its our own fault for the missclick, but i believe in these situations where people literally can lose months if not years of work, the devs should indeed reverse such actions.
because they don't, we know they don't actually give a damn about the community.
WC prefers money.

• Volunteer Moderator

I've seen quite a lot of reports of players accidentally doing so over the past months on the forums and I think the real issue is that there is no confirmation popup before transferring ownership. One click, and it's over. That being said, and as @Wazzamaniac mentioned, there is nothing we can do on the forums. You can try to submit a Support Ticket but I really doubt Game Masters will get involved, unfortunately. You could also make suggestions you see fit that would minimize the risks of accidents like that to happen in the future and maybe it will get implemented at some point. Good luck!

i think the only thing wc needs to do is add a confirm button when changing tribe ownership and leaving the tribe (if they havent done so already) (other then that i dont see how its any of their fault)

it would be a small amount of code added that could add a little extra safety when in the tribe setting menu, one wrong click and u could hand everything over to someone else.

i think the way to get this added/changed is if someone in pvp can use it to their advantage other then that it probably isnt a priority for them or they could just be a bunch of sadist

how has this been overlooked? how is there no confirmation button? 
a complete wipe would be less harsh then losing your whole tribe this way.  9 months of hours of grinding / breeding all for absolutely nothing.  but the worst thing is, the people who can actually do something about it won't and that says something for a company.

i'v submitted a ticket, but i know ill get some lousy generated response that will go something like we are too involved in making new dlcs and dino tlc's to make revenue.
We can see this clearly with the  " We are no longer supporting legacy servers" but why? you don't have enough staff to moderate legacy servers? put more staff on... im sure theres enough money in accounts for this?!
legacy being left in the dark is a sign of this company. don't get me wrong though, company's are designed to make money. screw customer loyalty 

To busy with their hands in their pockets to fix basic games bugs we have had since day 1.
Obviously, there has been a problem with this issue in the past of accidental tribe ownership transfer, yet, being one of the most devastating things that can happen to a tribe there is no support or no recovery from this? 

iv dedicated a lot of time to this sink hole of a game like everybody else, to have it vanish in front of you with no chance of revival is something that needs to be addressed.
This has finally put a stop to my ark experience. 

its not a bug because there is no malfunction

u need the perfect storm of two events for it to happen: a careless user along with poor system design (not having the confirmation button or some kind of warning)

and the third event which happened to u is to have a vindictive tribe member. the odds of all these things happening is kind of rare. 

Archived