so Why are they adding player and dino levels?

benreel

Guest DJRone89

Currently, you can ascend up to 6 times; each time gaining 5 extra levels. Before the Extinction Chronicles started, the cap was level 130, so by the way we’re going at the moment, potentially, we’ll see a max cap of 135 by the time the DLC arrives.

Maybe each boss difficulty will award an extra 5 levels following the ascension rule but as it will leave the cap at 145, it’s likely the devs wanted to level it out with a max of 150, so giving out the extra 5 levels for free.

Complete speculation.

Guest DJRone89
16 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Eh... Doing just alpha gives 15 though... Your sentence is a bit misleading :Jerbhi:

Doing alpha would grant the 5 levels you get from gamma, and also the 5 from beta, totalling 15. My sentence is only misleading if you’re a simpleton.

7 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Doing alpha would grant the 5 levels you get from gamma, and also the 5 from beta, totalling 15. My sentence is only misleading if you’re a simpleton.

Getting what previous difficulties gives is not a given. 

Imagine someone who never did any bosses and stumble upon your post. And he will do all gamma, then beta then alpha bosses while he could just have gone for alpha. And I'm not making this up, I've met several people that thought that they needed to do gamma, beta and alpha overseer the get all 15 levels.

Guest DJRone89
17 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Getting what previous difficulties gives is not a given. 

Imagine someone who never did any bosses and stumble upon your post. And he will do all gamma, then beta then alpha bosses while he could just have gone for alpha. And I'm not making this up, I've met several people that thought that they needed to do gamma, beta and alpha overseer the get all 15 levels.

Well jokes on them really for not being prepared enough.

Also, remember that we have a long term event called "Extinction Chronicles". Notice the first word in the name? If you do, and you have noticed something on the trailer, you probably may know why.
The level could be tied in with the upcoming DLC, assuming they would mention it as time goes by, else they would not bother on having 1 level increment over the course of the event.

On 7/18/2018 at 1:19 AM, Sondemon said:

The extra level could just be to allow you to have even lvl distribution if you want. Like 300 hp, 500 weight 160 movespeed, 100 lvls distributed

Except we got two extra levels so far. Its 132 max now. 

I think its correct in saying that theyre aiming for a max of 150. It's like the poetic ending to the game, where you get as high of a level as wild dinos: "congratulations, you are a maximum level human, achieving your true potential" 

9 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Except we got two extra levels so far. Its 132 max now. 

I think its correct in saying that theyre aiming for a max of 150. It's like the poetic ending to the game, where you get as high of a level as wild dinos: "congratulations, you are a maximum level human, achieving your true potential" 

180 though... So 2 more DLCs?

620 if you count the tek cave... How many DLC is that? (620-150)/15=31⅓ With an extra 10 levels, you could fit 32 extra DLCs after extinction.

@Wazzamaniac Confirms 32 extra DLCs after Extinction, or at least 2... Or 0... But let's not talk about the 0.

1 hour ago, GGSDubSt3pz said:

you already need 10 million xp from 131 to 132. I cant imagine what you need for 150 then if it should come

Nothing hibernating in tek sleeping pods can't manage... Just farm enough elements to run it for 1-2 years (876-1752 elements on lowest setting.) which is like one or two dozen of alpha BM. 

Then you come back once a while to refresh the structure timer (You won't have to feed or refresh dinos anymore with the cryo thinggy, and you should just make a small tek building with vaults, cryo-thinggy, a tek generator and a tek pod. So, your refresh timer is linked with the vault's timer. (On PvE, duh, you just hope your tribe is still here tomorrow in PvP)).

Or, you make a grinder hall, with 30 grinders, you make on x2 with soups and toilet almost 2 million xp in about 5h. 

1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

Nothing hibernating in tek sleeping pods can't manage... Just farm enough elements to run it for 1-2 years (876-1752 elements on lowest setting.) which is like one or two dozen of alpha BM. 

Then you come back once a while to refresh the structure timer (You won't have to feed or refresh dinos anymore with the cryo thinggy, and you should just make a small tek building with vaults, cryo-thinggy, a tek generator and a tek pod. So, your refresh timer is linked with the vault's timer. (On PvE, duh, you just hope your tribe is still here tomorrow in PvP)).

Or, you make a grinder hall, with 30 grinders, you make on x2 with soups and toilet almost 2 million xp in about 5h. 

haha, yeah.

sleeping pod would take too long. I guess my main xp source will be my rex breeding when killing babys i dont need.

grinders are good for sure, but super boring. I used to have 10 grinders on a motorboat which i was driving through swamp with 2 theris at front. It was a tree mower?

Archived