Dead Water Dinos

Jolliano

Hey there,

i want to get a Mosa with a platform and build an underwater Tek base on it with vacuum comp. Just wondering if its still a thing that waterdinos die instantly if they are no longer in water. Vacuum comps may cause them to die when they are in contact with those dinos.

An easy way out of this would be to give waterdinos kind of a drowneffect... so you are still able to react and little air-contacts dont kill them instantly.

Its mostly just mantas because they have a mechanic where they can go on land at the cost of being damaged a huge amount per second.

Unfortunately its not only ridden and forgetting a mantas on follow when going to shore will cause it to continue following you and dying. Ive also had one die because it was following my raft (i left a raft in the middle of my water pen and had all my dinos follow it so they didnt scatter if they got attacked). Came back to a death msg and a manta corpse about 6 meters in the air above the water

It only happens to mantas because of their jump abilities. I've run plenty of swimmers completely aground and I've never had one die from it.

I think all wild swimmers act like mantas, plenty of dead ichthys just for swimming into the surface, meanwhile I've actually managed to get some stuck on land and they were fine.

Archived