Will scorched earth get Tek Stegos ?

Guest LadyValkyrie

Guest DJRone89
23 minutes ago, PrincessPixie said:

really hoping our server gets to participate in the tek event ?

The event will, just not the Stegos as SE doesn’t spawn them naturally. Transferring them in won’t be a problem.

On 7/18/2018 at 1:50 AM, ishootpaint said:

I wonder if the Aberrant ones will have the same breeding restrictions or if it will simply be a tek steggo.

You can only breed same variant of stego (There is no such thing as Aberrant TEK Stegosaurus; assumingly if a tek Stego spawns in Aberration ARK, its just a regular ol' stego with no radiation immunity, you can breed it with other tek stego you find on other maps.). Different variant of stego counts as another species, and afaik, interspecies breeding don't exist in ARK.

Edited for future references

• Volunteer Moderator
On 7/17/2018 at 6:10 PM, PrincessPixie said:

really hoping our server gets to participate in the tek event ?

It's not a Tek Event. These Tek dinos are being added as permanent dinos, it's not really considered an event per se.

Maybe they will add Stego spawns one day like they did Titan, who knows.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 7/17/2018 at 6:50 PM, ishootpaint said:

I wonder if the Aberrant ones will have the same breeding restrictions or if it will simply be a tek steggo.

I've not encountered a Tek Stego on Aberration yet, but when looking at it on the S+ Dino Scanner on my server it is listed as Tek Stego not Aberrant Tek Stego. So based on that right now I'm thinking it is just a Tek Stego, not Aberrant, so there's a possibility it could be bread with other Tek Stegos. I guess easiest way to find out is try it on single player.

27 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

You can only breed same variant of stego. Different variant of stego counts as another species, and afaik, interspecies breeding don't exist in ARK.

Not sure it's been confirmed whether Aberration Tek Stegos are Aberrant versions and not just Tek Stegos. Unless you've confirmed that yourself?

1 hour ago, GP said:

Not sure it's been confirmed whether Aberration Tek Stegos are Aberrant versions and not just Tek Stegos. Unless you've confirmed that yourself?

Tek Stego spawning in Aberration are just regular Tek Stego, assuming they actually appeared. I checked the currently existing gamedata of Stegosaurus, there are only 3 variant (4, if you count the skeletal stego that don't spawn anymore) of it.

There is no such thing as "Aberrant Tek Stegosaurus", otherwise the gamedata will have a character asset linked with it.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Tek Stego spawning in Aberration are just regular Tek Stego, assuming they actually appeared. I checked the currently existing gamedata of Stegosaurus, there are only 3 variant (4, if you count the skeletal stego that don't spawn anymore) of it.

There is no such thing as "Aberrant Tek Stegosaurus", otherwise the gamedata will have a character asset linked with it.

Therefore, to answer the persons question, they don't have the same breeding restrictions as Aberrant Stegos because you will be able to breed Tek Stegos on Aberration with Tek Stegos on other maps.

8 hours ago, Vaculity said:

You can only breed same variant of stego. Different variant of stego counts as another species, and afaik, interspecies breeding don't exist in ARK.

Yes, thank you i know. I was only speaking in reference to the tek steggo. I found two lastnight and as already confirmed by another poster they are just plain ol' tek steggos. No aberrant before their name. Tamed a low lvl one to breed with one from the center to make sure there are no Wildcard oversight shenanigans.

14 hours ago, GP said:

Therefore, to answer the persons question, they don't have the same breeding restrictions as Aberrant Stegos because you will be able to breed Tek Stegos on Aberration with Tek Stegos on other maps.

Going to update my previous post for future references in case someone necro this post. I somehow wasn't even aware they were asking about this and I thought they meant if interspecies can be bred or something along the line.

Archived