New patch and se

MzSquawk

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Wind Turbines And generators (normal) are affected by thunderstorm prior to this patch, along with Tek Gens.

After the patch, only Tek Gens are affected by thunder storm.

I can see how people are totally confused. You say after the patch only tek gens are affected, but the wording doesn't even say tek gen is affected.

- Electric Storm only affects tek weapons, tek turrets, tek saddles, and tek shield generators

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, MzSquawk said:

Ok am a little confused by the new parch notes i play se i see tek stuff is affected by electric storms but by the way its worded im thinking normal gens wont be affected is this correct or am i dreaming.

I believe it means out of the Tek Tier stuff only those listed are affected. Everything else is still affected as normal, just in Tek Tier anything outside of that list, including Tek Generator are not affected.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, GP said:

I believe it means out of the Tek Tier stuff only those listed are affected. Everything else is still affected as normal, just in Tek Tier anything outside of that list, including Tek Generator are not affected.

I’m more confused by your above statement than when I was before lol. Are you suggesting that the Tek Generator is no longer affected by the electrical storms, the listed Tek stuff will now be affected, and previous electrically powered stuff will remain affected?

Edit: I posted this at the same time as the above post which literally clears the whole topic. Reading back though, I think my response to your statement is the same as what you said. Not that it matters now :)

Guest DJRone89
6 minutes ago, MzSquawk said:

Ok all gd just had it cleared up no normal gens no longer get knocked out

Screenshot_2018-07-17-18-08-23.png

Well that settles things.

Very glad they did this update. Makes defending a base on scorched earth plausible now so more people will play that map again....well maybe anyways. I know people are still not fond of their generators degrading from the heat at the rate they do when in render distance. Scorched earth definitely needed this change to it and I'm glad the game finally got it. Now if they will just fix the massive crash zone in the middle of the map that would be amazing. 

Just now, MzSquawk said:

Its not working im in an electric storm now my gens are off so god knows whats going on would be nice for a dev to reply.Also all my turrets had to be re pincoded as all pincodes were wiped 

I am not sure about the pincodes, but know if you are on console we have not gotten that patch yet. PC just got it I believe, so ours will be in a week or two most likely due to console certification process. 

4 hours ago, MzSquawk said:

DILO so there adding a titan spawn and increasing electric storms to 8 minutes.So my gens and turrets could be doen for 8 minutes and someone can turn up with a titan well if se wasnt dead b4 it is now rip scorched earth map

Did you not read the other half of the thunderstorm changes?

2 hours ago, MandaBear said:

Very glad they did this update. Makes defending a base on scorched earth plausible now so more people will play that map again....well maybe anyways. I know people are still not fond of their generators degrading from the heat at the rate they do when in render distance. Scorched earth definitely needed this change to it and I'm glad the game finally got it. Now if they will just fix the massive crash zone in the middle of the map that would be amazing. 

I believe the generator degrading issue was intended, to make people steer onto the SE mechanics of power generation until you have the materials and elements to make a Tek Gen.

Just now, Vaculity said:

Did you not read the other half of the thunderstorm changes?

I believe the generator degrading issue was intended, to make people steer onto the SE mechanics of power generation until you have the materials and elements to make a Tek Gen.

It was intended, but I'm not talking about the general degradation. I'm speaking about an obvious glitch where the generator breaks within an hour if a player has it rendered as opposed to over a day when it is not. However, even the base mechanic is quite odd when they pushed people to utilize the wind turbines since not every area is 100% wind so people resort to a standard generator either way. lol unless they decide to brave the death worms that is.

54 minutes ago, MandaBear said:

I am not sure about the pincodes, but know if you are on console we have not gotten that patch yet. PC just got it I believe, so ours will be in a week or two most likely due to console certification process. 

Ive had a 4.8gb update and server update titans are spawning so i think we have had it but fingers crossed we havent any devs care to comment

Just now, MzSquawk said:

Ive had a 4.8gb update and server update titans are spawning so i think we have had it but fingers crossed we havent any devs care to comment

ok, so you are on console as well. Consoles are always 1 update behind pc due to the certification process. Check the patch notes, you'll notice that xbox and playstation did not have those same changes listed because they haven't been sent through yet.  No worries, we will get it soon :)

yeah i'm on ps4 SE and was looking forward to not having my tek gens all knocked out so i can use troughs, cloning chamber and use my tek gens to run my standard turrets whilst tek turrets were knocked out but it seems even the windmills are getting KO'd as normal. sucks pc gets this and we get just some of the changes. hope they sort it soon, SE is kite central with wyverns as it is, now the titans are here. Wildcard give us the damn defence we need to have up to protect our dinos... Im only only on pve but still need that kite defence!!

• 4 months later...

Archived