SE Thunderstorm changes

Vaculity

it's a good change! SE is a lot of fun but the electrical storm was a serious draw back to making it a main base type of map. Now you can have free UNLIMITED POWER!  They just need to add a unique creature that only spawns in electrical storms perhaps some sort of tek ptera......I am leaning toward Stormageddon!

8 hours ago, Garyo86 said:

still is a drawback, storms still turns off tek gens, windmills lol so no change, guessing its a bug they need to fix yet again after an update.. funny though, release a patch and it doesnt even do what it was supposed to do. should worry less about crappy extinction tek dinos and fix the main problems. Would be nice

- Electric Storm only affects tek weapons, tek turrets, tek saddles, and tek shield generators

It only affects tek shield generators, not tek generators itself. The whole issue with thunderstorms was that it turns the tek generator off which would cause you not being able to use certain tek tier items on SE. 

26 minutes ago, ZeroSeconds said:

- Electric Storm only affects tek weapons, tek turrets, tek saddles, and tek shield generators

It only affects tek shield generators, not tek generators itself. The whole issue with thunderstorms was that it turns the tek generator off which would cause you not being able to use certain tek tier items on SE. 

indeed and those of us on console still have that issue

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Ocicat said:

Too bad that with this change and the food spoilage change SE servers are starting to tame cap as well (PvE). Mine capped this morning. Good changes to be sure but now SE faces the same problem every other server faces, barring AB that is.

My SE server has been capped for over a month now. Several large tribes quit playing and as soon as their dinos decayed we would be back to cap within a day. Massive storage bases are popping up all over the desert. 

Archived