Community Crunch 140: Extinction Chronicles II, & ARKaeology Ending Tomorrow!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Godless said:

Tek shield generators don't go down in electrical storms? What about Tek generators in general? 

Actually they do.

- Electric Storm only affects tek weapons, tek turrets, tek saddles, and tek shield generators

Tek generators are unaffected, only the ones in that list are affected.

On 7/17/2018 at 10:18 AM, Kotawolf said:

Expect the following Tek Dinos (as the Graphics are in the Dev Kit already)
Rex

Raptor

Stego

Trike

Quetz

Parasaur

Giganoto

Mosasaur

If this is the case then what was the point of paid for bionic skins WC?? What a way to show you're thanks to the fans who paid!! I for 1 will never buy squat from you again if it is and i'm sure others wont because of you're past stunts. Anything but these would be fine, ankylo, mantis, allo, even a bloody pegomastax. Are you guys really that lazy?? Prove to us and to yourselves that you are better devs than this. Not giving up and letting you're game rot like a bronto corpse because if the last game was rotten then the next will stink as well!!!!!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 2:09 AM, danlillis said:

i can't wait for the tek stego guys but what about anklyos will they ever get the tek love? : D ❤️

Only the dinosaurs with a bionic skin have are going to have a  tek version so trike, rex ,stego , raptor , GIGA ,parasaur and MOSASAUR from what I know.

Guest DJRone89

It doesn’t mention those additions in the console patch notes because they have only just been implemented on PC.

All fixes come to PC first with usually a month delay to console.

In hindsight, I’d advise reading your platforms patch notes before commenting.

On 7/18/2018 at 12:10 AM, Garyo86 said:

- Scorched Earth
            - Electric Storm only affects tek weapons, tek turrets, tek saddles, and tek shield generators

And yet our tek generators, tek troughs, tek cloning chamber, tek teleporter and tek replicator have been knocked out by the storm still?? is this a bug. it would be great to know exactly what will and wont be affected because your comment  pretty much makes it seem like those items will be the only tek affected

On 7/17/2018 at 2:42 PM, GP said:

Community Crunch never covers game bugs, that's not what the Community Crunch is there for.

Well considering the 27 page long thread in the bug reporting section is being ignored (yes i posted it on there too), thought i would post it here.

Maybe somebody at HQ will put down the coffee and donuts and go find the thread.....oh wait...heres a link.

wow 656 replies, maybe theres a problem dontchya think ?????

Edited by jimlogan1701
  • Facepalm 1

On 7/17/2018 at 1:28 AM, GP said:

The exclusives, whether it was on console or PC have always been timed exclusives. That should not be a surprise to anyone as it's been stated plenty of times. This introduction of tek dinos probably just replaces the introduction of the skins, plus they spawn at higher levels too.

So you could get a 180 tek dino i believe, which would not be paid content for consoles.

I'm not sure why you feel consoles should have something that PC does not. I understand PC has a lot with Mods, but take away mods and the PC/console should be equal pretty much, only difference is the time between platforms receiving the content.

Except, that's freaking huge. PC has literal hundreds of times more content due to mods. You have countless more maps, game modes, extra dinosaurs, you name it. Not to mention that PC users can run any event they want even after it's over, have graphics options to where the bloom isn't blinding, and you get everything before consoles.

I think a few exclusive skins is fair, and this is coming from someone who has the PC version

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, PikaSaurus said:

Except, that's freaking huge. PC has literal hundreds of times more content due to mods. You have countless more maps, game modes, extra dinosaurs, you name it. Not to mention that PC users can run any event they want even after it's over, have graphics options to where the bloom isn't blinding, and you get everything before consoles.

I think a few exclusive skins is fair, and this is coming from someone who has the PC version

Yes except PC Official players have none of that. Everyone thinks PC players can simply go play unofficial, well yes they have a choice, but some prefer to only play official. I'm sure the same would be seen on console if console got mods you'd still have people that would never play unofficial even if there are mods.

You can't compare Mods to exclusives!

23 hours ago, ForEvaBuzzed said:

If this is the case then what was the point of paid for bionic skins WC?? What a way to show you're thanks to the fans who paid!! I for 1 will never buy squat from you again if it is and i'm sure others wont because of you're past stunts. Anything but these would be fine, ankylo, mantis, allo, even a bloody pegomastax. Are you guys really that lazy?? Prove to us and to yourselves that you are better devs than this. Not giving up and letting you're game rot like a bronto corpse because if the last game was rotten then the next will stink as well!!!!!

They said from the very beginning that these skins are only exclusive for a certain time, and would be available to everyone later on.

1 hour ago, Weiss said:

They said from the very beginning that these skins are only exclusive for a certain time, and would be available to everyone later on.

Where? link? Becuase i missed the part where they would be free also then why not say that in the item discription when you buy it. And why still sell these skins 3 weeks before, and even right now when they put these tek dinos out. As for the exclusive thing, i read awhile ago the skins where pre-order only to be released as add ons which they are now. But why not give the people who paid $$ these reworked and higher lv dinos as a "thank you and we care" and release the old ones for free. Considering they already ripped off founder's ED buyers $114 AUD (i'm one of them) which impLIED in its discription that we also got another map after S.E. that turned out to be free to all anyway (ragnarok). This and founder's ED buyers / those who bought it before release technically "pre-ordered" it but we have to buy them as add ons (stupidly i have done here & there to keep interest) just to be disappointed again. So now the question is why would we trust WC ever again? Yea WC has made a great game that has brought different gameplay eg. breeding and taming mechanics but was it worth $126 + season pass? 

• Volunteer Moderator
27 minutes ago, Chewiewook said:

Hey, thanks for adding Tek Steggos, they’re my favorite since I was a kid! I am curious if they are any better stat-wise; just found a lv9 but it’s stats weren’t any different than a normal lv9 range steggo. Do they have natural armor or anything? 

No their stats aren't better, but they can spawn higher. So on official settings where the max spawn is lvl 150 a tek dino can spawn upto lvl 180, and therefore have better stats.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, HectorHellious said:

So is the cooking pot not going to be fixed before the event ends? No event skins appear when bones, easter eggs, etc. are placed in one on Primitive+?

Is the event still running on Prim + because the event officially ended earlier this week on Tuesday.

Edited by GP

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, HectorHellious said:

I run my own server and it goes until I turn the event off or change it to a different event but everyone still has a crap ton of bones that have no use.

Well I doubt it will be fixed then as the event itself is over. Whether people chose to run the event on their own server is upto them, but I doubt there is a priority for the cooking pot in all honesty.