Community Crunch 140: Extinction Chronicles II, & ARKaeology Ending Tomorrow!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

Cool, no new creature from Extinction. And we get the tek stego, that is nothing more than a stego. Tek stego was aready available since more than a year thanks to bionic skins. Guess that next ones will be Tek Trike, Raptor, Quetz, Giga, Mosa, so nothing new (already available through skins) 

Please give us REAL new content ! 

They are all new to PC as we never had the skins.

The REAL new content is coming in November. Best just be happy with the free stuff that's given to you.

5 hours ago, Barje said:

Nice nice.... You destroyed the island forever and it'll never be the same. Mecha dinos spawning everywhere forever? Had you lost your mind? I would even understand event but forever?  You even making sick players who play on the island only with this tek crap. God I wish we had ever game like ARK but without this fantasy sci-fi crap... 

What a freaking baby you are

20 minutes ago, GP said:

They are all new to PC as we never had the skins.

The REAL new content is coming in November. Best just be happy with the free stuff that's given to you.

Free stuff ? It was PAID content for consoles players and now it's free so, yes, it doesn't feel right to my eyes. No more reasons to buy content if it's free at the end... 

And yes it's cool for PC players but seriously, that was the only thing on console but not on PC and now you'll get it. On consoles we get everything weeks, even month, later than PC and we are all waiting for mods for consoles especially S+. But no news for that.

On consoles it's actually dead, I played like 30minutes the last month. No motivation to build a new base because I wait for S+ to build it the right way. And no motivation since I love dinos but they only focus on scifi now so I let ARK for JW evolution and all their beautiful dinosaurs ! 

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

Free stuff ? It was PAID content for consoles players and now it's free so, yes, it doesn't feel right to my eyes. No more reasons to buy content if it's free at the end... 

And yes it's cool for PC players but seriously, that was the only thing on console but not on PC and now you'll get it. On consoles we get everything weeks, even month, later than PC and we are all waiting for mods for consoles especially S+. But no news for that.

On consoles it's actually dead, I played like 30minutes the last month. No motivation to build a new base because I wait for S+ to build it the right way. And no motivation since I love dinos but they only focus on scifi now so I let ARK for JW evolution and all their beautiful dinosaurs ! 

The exclusives, whether it was on console or PC have always been timed exclusives. That should not be a surprise to anyone as it's been stated plenty of times. This introduction of tek dinos probably just replaces the introduction of the skins, plus they spawn at higher levels too.

So you could get a 180 tek dino i believe, which would not be paid content for consoles.

I'm not sure why you feel consoles should have something that PC does not. I understand PC has a lot with Mods, but take away mods and the PC/console should be equal pretty much, only difference is the time between platforms receiving the content.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

Also just to add to my point. Console had 6 tek skins right? But when you pre-ordered for your console you did not get all 6 right? So some of them you will now be able to get for free right? I could be wrong, but i'm sure people complained that they only got like 2 out of 6 skins at pre-order.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

What i would to to see those tek dinos as console exclusive ❤️ (pc player here)

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Ranger1 said:

Additionally the Tek Rex is superior to a normal Rex, and considering the text specifically mentions that "more powerful" Tek-themed dinos will be released each month, I'd say these are likely going to be more than just cosmetic.

Well "more powerful" is an ambiguous term. They just have slightly more starting stat points already in them like Drakes and Wyverns, both of which has base levels up to 190 in normal/official settings. You have to do a lot of head hunting (even more since they rarely spawn) to find a Tek dino with stats you are looking for.

1 hour ago, PikaSaurus said:

Will the color spawns affect Dino's that we don't normally tame? Like drakes, wyverns, and reapers? So we can watch out say a purple fire wyvern.

Every dino with color regions will be affected. So yes, Purple Fire (alpha) Wyvern will technically appear during this month after its out.

I am wondering if "raindino" will cause event-colored dino to spawn. If so... theres gonna be a lot of fun for adminabuse in dedicated unoffical and single player... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Vaculity

Looks like we can finally clone on SE ❤️️ Thank you so so much!!

But please hold back with all the color spawns, I now will create an alt tribe so I can collect the event colored dinos I want and hatch wyverns. It's not helping with the server cap either. I don't have time to breed and combine colors to reduce my dinos. 

4 hours ago, GP said:

The exclusives, whether it was on console or PC have always been timed exclusives. That should not be a surprise to anyone as it's been stated plenty of times. This introduction of tek dinos probably just replaces the introduction of the skins, plus they spawn at higher levels too.

So you could get a 180 tek dino i believe, which would not be paid content for consoles.

I'm not sure why you feel consoles should have something that PC does not. I understand PC has a lot with Mods, but take away mods and the PC/console should be equal pretty much, only difference is the time between platforms receiving the content.

No I don't want consoles or whatever support to have "something more", I thought you had the bionic skins too. I was just saying that actually consoles are kind of let apart on many aspects.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GP said:

Also just to add to my point. Console had 6 tek skins right? But when you pre-ordered for your console you did not get all 6 right? So some of them you will now be able to get for free right? I could be wrong, but i'm sure people complained that they only got like 2 out of 6 skins at pre-order.

They were all available to me but I don't know for other

• Like 1