Community Crunch 140: Extinction Chronicles II, & ARKaeology Ending Tomorrow!

Jen

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Extinction Chronicles II

Ark_ExtinctionChronicles.png

Tomorrow there will be a client and server side update that will bring Extinction Chronicles II to survivors on PC, Xbox, and PS4. 

Leading up to the release of Extinction there will be monthly drops of Extinction-related Explorer Notes on The Island, Scorched Earth, and Aberration. Once collected these notes will unlock new Extinction-related skins! 

Stego3.jpg

There will also be the appearance of more powerful Tek-themed Dinosaur variants within the ARKs each month. These Tek Dinos are permanent additions (meaning they will continue to spawn even after the event is over), with a new one beginning to appear each month. In Extinction Chronicles I we released three Explorer Notes, the Corrupted Helmet and the Tek Rex. Tomorrow we're excited to bring you three new Explorer Notes, the Corrupted Boots and a new Tek creature, the Tek Stego!

corruptedArmor.pngCorruptedArmor_community.png

In addition, special colored dinos will be populating the ARKs. You'll be able to find creatures sporting purple, black, grey, and dark blue for the next week beginning tomorrow. Be sure to take advantage of these special colors before they're extinct!

Patch Notes!

Here are the full fixes and notes coming in tomorrows Extinction Chronicles update.

- Extinction Chronicles
            - Increased Player and Dino Level Cap by 1
            - Added 3 new Explorer Notes
            - Added Corrupted Boots unlockable
            - Fixed Corrupted Helmet colorization
            - Tek Stego
                - New breeding line
                - 5% chance to spawns
                - 20% higher base level
            - Colors
                - Be on the lookout for Purple, Blue, Black, and Grey dinos for the next week!
- Addressed map exploit
- The Center bosses now yield more Element (30, 83, and 184 for Easy, Medium and Hard respectively)
- Scorched Earth
            - Electric Storm only affects tek weapons, tek turrets, tek saddles, and tek shield generators
            - Electric Storm duration bumped to 8 minutes
- General
            - Riot shield can now be crafted from the fabricator
            - Crop plots now correctly grow when out range
- Added admin commands
            - RainDinos
            - RainDanger
            - RefillStats
            - GiveArmorSet
            - GiveWeaponSet
            - GiveItemSet
            - ClearMyBuffs

You can read the console-specific notes in their respective patch notes thread below:

Upcoming Server Maintenance!

At 2am Eastern on July 18th we will be taking down some of our EU servers for maintenance on PS4 and Xbox. Check the post below to see which servers will be affected:

Community Livestream Update

Last week we announced there would be a community stream this week, however this weeks stream has been postponed. We'll resume the community streams on August the 2nd. See you then!

We are still accepting any type of ARK related fanart to be featured in the Showcase section of the stream and entries are always open. This can be drawings, videos, builds, ANSEL screenshots, handmade crafts, anything ARK related!

1743917488_submit_fan_creation(1).jpg

You can submit your ARKwork to our streaming email address: arkfans@studiowildcard.com

Be sure to follow us on our Twitch page so you don't miss a stream! twitch.tv/survivetheark

ARKaeology Event Ends Tomorrow!

ark_arkaeologyEvent01.jpg

There is currently an event going on in the world of ARK: ARKaeology! The event will end on Official Servers on July 17th. Collect bones from fossil mounds and craft them into 4 new skins and returning skeleton costumes. 

During this event all wild dinos have a chance to spawn with additional mutation colors: White, Yellow, Grey, and Black. There is also the mighty Tek Rex which you can find and tame, if you can handle it!

Be sure to take advantage of the last day of this event before it's over!

ARK: Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 20th of July at 1 PM EST until Monday the 23rd of July at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rates
2x Taming Rates
2x EXP Rates

That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

• Thanks 1

It doesn't, that's the issue, if you read the past two community crunches you would know that the one posted on July 2nd says they were adding a couple of new servers today when they did the server cluster update. Then last weeks community crunch said they weren't doing the server cluster thing, but there was no mention of the new servers, so why don't you make sure you know what you're talking about before you try to act like I'm the dumb one ?

Nice nice.... You destroyed the island forever and it'll never be the same. Mecha dinos spawning everywhere forever? Had you lost your mind? I would even understand event but forever?  You even making sick players who play on the island only with this tek crap. God I wish we had ever game like ARK but without this fantasy sci-fi crap... 

I suppose Tek Stegos will benefit pvp.
Not sure how they will come in handy for PVE.

They look amazing though i must say that.
Make em harvest a lot more berries lol , so it has a purpose :P

On another note, that s+ integration would be nice to have before Extinction.
And when are resource spawns like metal and beaver dams gonna be unbuildable?

Edited by mogrot

3 hours ago, Lucian said:

Will we need to use a command to spawn the colored dinos on unofficial servers?

There will be a command for it, but it won't show here... given the post.

2 hours ago, SS5DEJAN said:

Please increase the element payout on the Center

Its up the whoever was developing the center, and last I heard, they stopped caring.

2 hours ago, danlillis said:

i can't wait for the tek stego guys but what about anklyos will they ever get the tek love? : D ❤️

No Bionic Anky skin (even in devkit) = no go.

2 hours ago, Barje said:

Nice nice.... You destroyed the island forever and it'll never be the same. Mecha dinos spawning everywhere forever? Had you lost your mind? I would even understand event but forever?  You even making sick players who play on the island only with this tek crap. God I wish we had ever game like ARK but without this fantasy sci-fi crap... 

ARK is fantasy sci-fi technically. If you hate that genre, you are free to leave for other games like Conan Exile. (And don't bother flaming me, I won't care)

2 hours ago, TomaBasarab said:

So still no word about if/when we're ever going to get any of the S+ building stuff integrated into the main game that was mentioned way back in like october? 

Nooope.

2 hours ago, Dondark said:

I dont really understand why added only 1 poor stego ? :D

There will also be the appearance of more powerful Tek-themed Dinosaur variants within the ARKs each month. 

Each Month at least one type. We won't know what they would actually release even with the devkit hinting.

1 hour ago, Warzonebeta said:

On private servers can we have this and arkeology active? I just love the color variety available by leaving all events active... 

I think only one event can be active at any point of time.

1 hour ago, Xoloitzcuintli said:

I REALLY hope the Tek Dinos don't stick around on the already existing maps once Extinction is released.

They mentioned it stays forever, so most likely it won't get removed even after the DLC is released.

1 hour ago, mogrot said:

I suppose Tek Stegos will benefit pvp.
Not sure how they will come in handy for PVE.

They look amazing though i must say that.
Make em harvest a lot more berries lol , so it has a purpose :P

On another note, that s+ integration would be nice to have before Extinction.
And when are resource spawns like metal and beaver dams gonna be unbuildable?

People have used Stego as damage soaking for Aberration's boss... probably for other bosses as well.

Edited by Vaculity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kotawolf said:

Expect the following Tek Dinos (as the Graphics are in the Dev Kit already)
Rex

Raptor

Stego

Trike

Quetz

Parasaur

Giganoto

Mosasaur

no i know about those cause they have the skins but i am curious if anything else will become tek would be cool almost like a rare spawn that is stronger then said creature then normal and i am excited for it to be perma rlly glad at that it will make gameplay more intresting and challengeing to find a rare varity of said creature almost like a shiny form from like pokemon for example... 

Goals for this event:

1:Birth a purple Reaper

2:Name said Reaper Rain

3:Hatch tons of Rock Drakes

4:Find another 150 high melee damage colored Dimetrodon

Ark Event Goals :D

(>^.^)> Flash <(^.^<) 
Tribe: Glowboys 
Servers: NA-PVE-OfficialtheIsland 342, NA-PVE-ScorchedEarth 370, NA-PVE-Ragnarok 81, NA-PVE-Aberration 277

Edited by FlashBeat

Cool, no new creature from Extinction. And we get the tek stego, that is nothing more than a stego. Tek stego was aready available since more than a year thanks to bionic skins. Guess that next ones will be Tek Trike, Raptor, Quetz, Giga, Mosa, so nothing new (already available through skins) 

Please give us REAL new content ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1