Building Troubles

Etkai

So, I've been trying to build better things recently. As in, not just a big box. But no matter how hard I try to line things up and no matter how long I spend fiddling with snap points trying to get the right one there's always a gap somewhere. I don't understand how their can be and when I undo an hour of progress to fix it, another one appears later on in the build. I just don't get it. Am I doing something wrong or is it just the way the game was made? And if I am doing something wrong, any tips to avoid this happening? So frustrating that I've even started using Creative Mode to build after I get all the mats because I'm sick of having to add on hours of grinding time for silly snap points.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

You can lower and raise a foundation two times after that you create another house/set-of-snaps. To maintain you need to set a pillar and snap a new foundation. That new foundations can then again be lowered or raised two times. So using this you do one house with the ability to build with no gaps.

Even knowing this it is still hard to build but it easy to place a ceiling floor that is flat (floating CoC ok). Less placed foundations on mountains and hills so build high up but not only with pillars (inside rain).

Build squares and after that more shapes above ground level. And feeding trough reach 7 in each direction, 14x14 max.

Best of luck

Ariana

2 hours ago, memzl said:

if you want to make building easier get yourself the s+ mod if you are on a private server because it just makes building so much better andha s a bunch of cool new features

S+ doesn't really fix the problems though, it makes life easier by having the demo gun so you can pick structures up that snap to the wrong point but it doesn't remove the janky snap points to begin with plus some of the S+ structures are even worse than vanilla for having a solid green outline then snapping to a completely different point, also the OP has said they're using creative mode which more or less negates the need for S+ unless they want the triangle foundations/ceilings, fence supports etc.

Archived