speed Gotta go fast !

Globy

Is there a way/tips to make our dino less fast ? (yeah less, really)

Spino/rexes are really too fast when imprinted, at a point where the walking animation is ridiculous (even more on follow ?)
And it is even more horrible when I have to park them :/

Sooooo I would like to know if people have some tips to make them less fast ?
(I know I can store wood/stone on them, but that is not what I'm looking for)

Does a level 1 imprinted dino (why not) has less speed than a level 100 imprinted ? (if so I would breed my best dinos with a level 1 to get the speed of the level 1)

Hello,

With some reading of different treads posts. People set values that simply mess the game up. Default vanilla is great. No crashes. ARK behave just a little differently compared to Official servers. If you want faster use 2x settings or 1.5X. 

I got tired of constant feeding so I got settings to remove that, drawbacks when we tame. But we turn food to 1 again if we see a nice creature and that is not frequent. If we tame we load another map.

Have all go super fast is cool but much is lost. Game values, knowledge and reason for doing what we like to do.

Is imprints important when getting mutations some say yes some say no. My experience is 100 OR 0 all or nothing. So nothing get you rexes/spinos that stay.

Well if officials had large changes there be lots of words flying.

Regards,

Ariana 

58 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

With some reading of different treads posts. People set values that simply mess the game up. Default vanilla is great. No crashes. ARK behave just a little differently compared to Official servers. If you want faster use 2x settings or 1.5X. 

I got tired of constant feeding so I got settings to remove that, drawbacks when we tame. But we turn food to 1 again if we see a nice creature and that is not frequent. If we tame we load another map.

Have all go super fast is cool but much is lost. Game values, knowledge and reason for doing what we like to do.

Is imprints important when getting mutations some say yes some say no. My experience is 100 OR 0 all or nothing. So nothing get you rexes/spinos that stay.

Well if officials had large changes there be lots of words flying.

Regards,

Ariana 

I totally agree, my stats server are vanilla for most, some x2/x3 max

I just like having x2 for taming or x3 for baby to grow
(by the way, do you know how to make for exemple : - A cuddle make x2 imprint % ?

I mean, if I do a cuddle on vanilla it will do 12%
I would like it does 24%

As the maturation is X3 our baby can't go 100% without procoptodon, as the last "cuddle" come too late.

I know we could before (by imprintQuality) but they change how it works, if someone as any idea :) )

12 minutes ago, Globy said:

do you know how to make for exemple : - A cuddle make x2 imprint % ?

Hello,

You need to try it but I think it's just 2x maturation. So to test it, run ARK with default settings just disable autodecay maybe food consumption for dinos and turn off SP settings (unchecked ).

Difficulty 1 and max difficulty checked.

Take two dinos that are not affected by your previous boosted settings (slomo 5 to fix that) or use command gmsummon "ptero_character_bp_c" 148 for a fresh pair to test. Exit and set dino maturation to 2. Start test and use command slomo 9.

Should be 2x imprints with 8hour interval or as official.

Hope I am right but something i think i forgot. Try it.

Regards,

Ariana 

6 hours ago, Globy said:

Is there a way/tips to make our dino less fast ? (yeah less, really)

Spino/rexes are really too fast when imprinted, at a point where the walking animation is ridiculous (even more on follow ?)
And it is even more horrible when I have to park them :/

Sooooo I would like to know if people have some tips to make them less fast ?
(I know I can store wood/stone on them, but that is not what I'm looking for)

Does a level 1 imprinted dino (why not) has less speed than a level 100 imprinted ? (if so I would breed my best dinos with a level 1 to get the speed of the level 1)

breeding it with a lv one would not change the stats 

alpha tribes breed their high melee giga (250) with low lv 100

the stats stay when opposition scout it the lv will be low 

and thinking it will be easy they charge it and get destroyed by the very good melee

basically it will not change the stats but only the lv

1 hour ago, Globy said:

You all lost me .-.

Hello,

Baby mature speed 2x should be a little below 2 like 1.95 maybe.

I did a test with Megatherium since they have 20% imprints with baby mature speed 2 I got 50% imprint.

Everything else I wrote is just so the setting takes effect and nothing starves or auto decay when you use the command slomo (time multiplied in-game). I do not want to mess up your world :)

Example if you have a fertilized egg and you change egg hatch speed nothing should happen until you pickup the egg and replace it. So just to make sure the test works.

I test with 1.95 baby mature speed now for the next mutation, well hopefully an orher mutation.

Regards,

Ariana 

6 minutes ago, Globy said:

Oh yeah, I will do a real test without slomo ! (it would have the same result, but I disabled command on the server ^^)

Well everyone needs to in their beds if slomo is used. But just to test what value is good for 2ximprints value I need to go fast. LoL

Well I got another mutation with my settings, health and gray Megatherium so now it is 2/20, 0/20.

/Ari

13 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Well everyone needs to in their beds if slomo is used. But just to test what value is good for 2ximprints value I need to go fast. LoL

Well I got another mutation with my settings, health and gray Megatherium so now it is 2/20, 0/20.

/Ari

Just got a health mutation on my rexes, I'm actually testing how mutations works to breed super dinos.

Weeks ago, mutation was just awesome or horrible color mutation for me, had no interest to stats ^^

Hello,

Well I tested with baby mature speed set to 1.95 to get 40% imprints on Megatherium but I got 33%. So between 1.96 to 1.99 is the value to get 2Ximprints as on Official servers.

The point I try to make is really that small changes has such large impacts.

So be careful when doing large settings and when I look back on my official gameplay I got 38% imprints on Megatherium during 2x maturation events. So it is then the goal for me.

But you now have all information in this tread.

3rd mut was male 2/20, 0/20 so that goes into the next generation when 100% matured 0% imprinted.

Edit: the 50% i got might have been previous settings and that it really only is mature speed =2. Time wil tell.

Regards,

Ariana 

7 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

Well I tested with baby mature speed set to 1.95 to get 40% imprints on Megatherium but I got 33%. So between 1.96 to 1.99 is the value to get 2Ximprints as on Official servers.

The point I try to make is really that small changes has such large impacts.

So be careful when doing large settings and when I look back on my official gameplay I got 38% imprints on Megatherium during 2x maturation events. So it is then the goal for me.

But you now have all information in this tread.

3rd mut was male 2/20, 0/20 so that goes into the next generation when 100% matured 0% imprinted.

Edit: the 50% i got might have been previous settings and that it really only is mature speed =2. Time wil tell.

Regards,

Ariana 

It is not possible to get more imprint with a server parameter? As there were before

Hello,

Nope 100% is max but using the other baby settings you can get less. However reading about some creatures not being able to get 100% imprints with several imprints I do not use that.

Everything works for baby mature speed=2. I get mutations and double maturation is ok for me. Plus I have no crashes.

The imprint procents I got must be right though since I now get 50% for Megatherium at maturation = 2. Sorry if I confused you with what I had in my notes from official, should be 50%.

Maybe someone on small tribes servers can say if that is right for Megatherium?

Since you get 2x all the time. And 3xharvest,  wow.

Regards,

Ariana 

10 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

Nope 100% is max but using the other baby settings you can get less. However reading about some creatures not being able to get 100% imprints with several imprints I do not use that.

Everything works for baby mature speed=2. I get mutations and double maturation is ok for me. Plus I have no crashes.

The imprint procents I got must be right though since I now get 50% for Megatherium at maturation = 2. Sorry if I confused you with what I had in my notes from official, should be 50%.

Maybe someone on small tribes servers can say if that is right for Megatherium?

Since you get 2x all the time. And 3xharvest,  wow.

Regards,

Ariana 

I was looking if there were a server settings to increase the amount of imprint % per cuddle independent of the maturation rates and BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier

But seems like there is not anymore

Archived