HAD ENOUGH

hardballer

So yesterday after 1.3k hours of Ark I set all my dinos free, destroyed all my vaults (nobody on my server ever did jack squat for me so I'll just take all that juicy stuff with me to the grave) and did a suicide by intentionally botched up rock drake egg hunt.  Was I burnt out?  HELL no.  I could easily play another 2k hours.  But some things are just too much.  Enough is enough.

I was going to hibernate until extinction came out so I stopped logging in every day.  Just feed the dinos and keep the fridges running.  I never didn't log in for longer than 4-5 days.  After skipping 1 single day all my gas collectors poofed.  After 3 days my beehive was gone, just found a few hundred rare flowers in a pouch.  I also got regular messages that this or that was auto-decayed - literally dozens and dozens of things - too much to even sum up.  Then I got the message that 6 of my top megalos and spinos that I kept in a separate base, close to the rad zone, had "auto decayed" while my other 75+ dinos were fine. Get serious.....  Go bug someone else with this nonsense.  You can't even take it slow in peace for a few months or what??????

I am also finally done with the buggy mess this game is.  The rollbacks, the god awful drake controls,  the lag, having to run this game on half the settings your rig can handle,  dinos getting stuck in each other and you getting stuck on top of them,  dinos getting stuck in the mesh, dinos on follow are an immense pain in the butt, the ridiculous material requirements for proper gear, the ridiculous server transfer system, ...ETC ETC ETC.   All things that really should be fixed instead of doing stuff like RETARDED arkaeology events.

This could be the best game ever but the non stop henpecking of WC on the little guy and the neverending stream of bugs just ruin the game.  Don't believe me?  Just play a few other games for a month and then play ark for a few hours. We just are so used to the bugs and nonsense we just take it the way it comes and soldier on.  Well guess what WC, this is a video game, it really should not feel like a job or hemorrhoids.  You are unfathomably lucky to have hit a huge gaming goldstreak with this survival dino concept.  ANY other game buggy like this, people would stop playing it after 1 hour and your company would be dust in the wind. 

There.  That was it.  My final rant.

So goodbye all.

This dodo is OUT.

Guest DJRone89

Though likely a auto-demo timer bug in your instance, you still have to render in your dinos/structures in order for the timers to reset, so just being online is not enough.

The amount of people that aren’t aware of that is astonishing, and that’s because it’s not obvious, and something you need to find out yourself, just like the actual decay timer for the dinos and different structure tiers.

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

Though likely a auto-demo timer bug in your instance, you still have to render in your dinos/structures in order for the timers to reset, so just being online is not enough.

The amount of people that aren’t aware of that is astonishing, and that’s because it’s not obvious, and something you need to find out yourself, just like the actual decay timer for the dinos and different structure tiers.

Hence the reason why I have been constantly going towards the base with dino and such, making sure they are truly rendered before I safety logged out. This bug is a huge "f u" towards people who only get on and not render them.

Guest DJRone89
19 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

This bug is a huge "f u" towards people who only get on and not render them.

No, it’s only towards people who DO render them. People who don’t render their stuff and lose it, can’t claim it as a bug as they don’t know any better.

This actually was really sad for me to read. At first I started out with the same "here we go..." thought process I always have towards people who begin their posts about leaving with the amount of hours they have into the game. But by the end of it, I honestly felt bad for you. Not that I can do anything to help it, but I'm sorry that your experience with ark ended in such a way. I hope you come back, but at the same time, I hope that the game is more up to par with your expectations by that time if you do. I'd suggest waiting until a little bit after the release of extinction so that the game has time to release the new dlc, deal with the dlc bugs, then refocus on core issues (unless they let us all down and instantly work on the next ark instead or more dlc of giving us some quality of life updates). Every time I've ever hit the point you are at, I've taken a long time away, and honestly it really does help. This game can be quite addicting to some of us, and getting a reminder that it is just a game is good....even if you have to hit rock bottom for it to finally become evident. 

It's just a stupid dino game with futuristic stuff in it.  It's a good futuristic dino game though, but just a game.  The bugs are very annoying.  The random fatal errors, server rollbacks that erase your characers, and more do suck for sure.  Yep Yep Yep!  I only play cause I get to meet interesting people from everywhere and blow things up.  And you get to punch trees!  Who doesn't love punching trees?  That poop is dope as f you know.  Makes me laugh so hard everytime I log into a new server and have to punch a tree.  Hell you can even punch a dodo!  Pretty funny, as well as all the things pooping everywhere.  Or at least it was until I got used to it I guess.  I still want to ascend though.  Haven't even been able to ascend yet it sucks...  lame.  But I get that you are mad and want to leave.  Dont' have to pay monthly for this game so you can leave anytime you want.  It's great!  I'm probably going to be leavign to play the new wow expansion for a bit, then come back and grind 10000000000000000000000 more metal.  DILO am I doing with my life?  

Archived