Breeding

Cosequin

Hey all,

just a few questions here and if there is somewhere that explains it in depth that you suggest that’d be great, anyways to get to the point...

so I am really interested in breeding Dino’s and I like official servers because they seem pretty busy/populated on the times that I’m available to play.

my first question is, since it takes so long on official for certain Dino’s to hatch and/or mature....

if the egg is incubating and I can’t stay for the entire time to keep an eye on it’s health, can I put it in the preserving bin and take it back out later to continue hatching? Or will that reset the timer?

also, should I worry about being a mainly solo player and raising baby Dino’s when it takes hours and/or days? Should I just find a tribe with the same interests to help me raise them?

I’m only really interested in the smaller Dino’s like jerboas, dimorphodons, dilos, raptors, and probably some feather lights or such.... 

thank you and if you have any suggestions I welcome them all! ?

Yes if you refridgerate the egg the incubating will stop where it is currently at ready for you to continue at a later date. But just be sure the preserving bin has enough resources to keep it going and a refridgerator enough power for the length of time whilst your away. 

P.S from self experience don’t trust anyone. Don’t join a tribe with new people unless you know them. Guarantees they will steal your stuff and kick you out the tribe. I’ve had it happen to me before. I don’t even trust my own friends in tribes so I just stick to solo play 

6 minutes ago, Sonofachilles said:

Yes if you refridgerate the egg the incubating will stop where it is currently at ready for you to continue at a later date. But just be sure the preserving bin has enough resources to keep it going and a refridgerator enough power for the length of time whilst your away. 

P.S from self experience don’t trust anyone. Don’t join a tribe with new people unless you know them. Guarantees they will steal your stuff and kick you out the tribe. I’ve had it happen to me before. I don’t even trust my own friends in tribes so I just stick to solo play 

Thank you for answering! Yea I’ve never trusted other people well so I’ve always stuck to solo play but it does get a bit lonely sometimes which is why I try official. I’d love to get on a server primed for breeding but they are all so boosted that I can’t find one with a good balance. I don’t want instantaneous tame or reaching lvl 100 in 10 seconds. Lol

I definitely try to pay attention to the people I am around. I can’t tell you how many times I e had people stalk me to join their tribe or follow me around yelling at me and punching my passive tame to get my attention. 

I am a solo and I breed on occasion. I have never raised anything that took a SUPER long time to raise but if you just prepare yourself it's easier. Make sure you keep your eggs on the ground somewhere enclosed so that people cant steal your eggs, and you would be wise to test drop an egg before placing your ACs or fires because some places eggs will fall through the world.

Archived