Breeding and mutations on mobile

Orangeo

I have bred 2 of my beezlebufos about 30 or 35 times, and I haven't yet seen the baby get the better stat from the parent. I also haven't seen any mutations come. Do the stats work differently from PC or am I just incredibly unlucky. Also is there a counter for mutations in mobile? Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Edit: One of my beezlebufos have extremely good stamina and one of them has a ton of damage. 

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, StealthyCharizard21 said:

i believe that the parents must have the same level and stats to mutate if not then the level and stats must be close to each other

That's really only a recommendation so as to help you know if you've had a mutation. Back when they had the Cave near the volcano trapping players in a crash loop I started a new game and focused solely on breeding parasaurs for the heck of it and succeeded in getting stat mutations as well as a color mutation and the parents were not the same level and did not have the same stats. I know I got stat mutations because I kept a record of the parents stats and the offspring's stats and only kept the offspring that had stats that were higher than the parent's stats. 

• 2 months later...

Make sure to have your base level stats for all parents.  Sometimes stat mutations do not have corresponding color mutation.  Stat mutations occur rarer than 1 in 20.  Useful stat mutations are even rarer.  There is nothing worse than getting  a stat mutation with good color in the food stat which I have gotten, lol.  Stat mutations are not that usable until you have maxed your breeding pool.  For instance, I got a stat mutation and color in damage (77 levels in damage), but the next week tamed a saber that was 3 levels greater in the damage stat (79 levels) that was in the mutated sabers.  So that mutation was inferior to the normal stat.

13 minutes ago, docredduke10 said:

Make sure to have your base level stats for all parents.  Sometimes stat mutations do not have corresponding color mutation.  Stat mutations occur rarer than 1 in 20.  Useful stat mutations are even rarer.  There is nothing worse than getting  a stat mutation with good color in the food stat which I have gotten, lol.  Stat mutations are not that usable until you have maxed your breeding pool.  For instance, I got a stat mutation and color in damage (77 levels in damage), but the next week tamed a saber that was 3 levels greater in the damage stat (79 levels) that was in the mutated sabers.  So that mutation was inferior to the normal stat.

Doc have you written a guide? You should. You are the first person that just laid the matter out concisely and clearly. Well done!

I just saw a crazy color mutation on a mammoth the other day. The tusks were bright red and it had a red strip running down the sides. Oh and the toe nails (?) were bright red too. The guy said it was born at lvl 56.

I'm thinking about more serious breeding. But just want to learn more before I dive in.

- Rakkasan

43 minutes ago, docredduke10 said:

@Rakkasan I am learning new things every week or so.  But if you have any specific questions, please ask away.  Like, what dino are you thinking about breeding, what purpose, etc.

Let's see.

Currently I have 3 breeding lines going. It's really not much.

1. Spinos - I'm on my 5th generation (depending on whether you count a baby from one 1st and one 2nd generation parent as a 3rd generation. I do.) Kind of mixed aiming. Really focused more on the level they come out at and then level up weight and damage for hunting meat. I think I had one color mutation if a pale, almost glowing blue color down the belly and along the sail count. Not sure what the stat mutation might have been.

2. Equus - I think I'm on my 3rd gen. Looking to see one of those classes, though I'm not 100% sure how I'll even know. Also looking for increasing Equus power. Purpose? Racing? Got me. Lol.

3. Ankys - Just bred a 2nd gen with a wild tame, so I guess I'm counting the result as 3rd gen. High health but sorry weight, which I was hoping would be high. Want to eventually breed two strains, 1 for damage and 1 for weight, all for harvesting metal and obsidian.

No other breeding projects in mind yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Doc

Ive been working on a hunting pack of raptors, so i can ride out and let them loose to gather meat, lead by an equss.

My tutorial in breeding came from dodos.

I believe that tripplets and twins are more common once they have happened, and they themselves count as mutations. (no poof, other then 200 generations of dodo)

Sometimes I believe a mutation occurs, that sortens all future egg hatching speed for that line, As well as a growing speed bonus. (No proof)

Remember, all level 1 creatures are the same stats, level is only the amount of points spent.

So, if we are both level 100, and I spend 100 points in food, and you spend 100 points in melee, who wins the fist fight?

I am on my third gen of equss, as well. I breed the two highest equss ratings i have, My second run i got twins. Not old enough to show power yet, but the stats are :D

Try breeding dodos, that will give you something to do. IF you feel skilled, you can breed for stats and size at the same time. I gave up on that. Ive been focused on breeding a core of utility animals for the tribe, Rex, Trike, Argy, Dactyl, Griff, Raptor, Dodo, Equss and bear. Stopped breeding bears until I can get them their own house, And need a male Quetz, then i can breed those.

I need a good all around sea creature, Thinking mealadon breeding next.

On 2/22/2019 at 6:50 PM, gorefangs said:

need a good all around sea creature, Thinking mealadon breeding next.

Believe me when I say,  Megalodons are trash. Maybe for just getting started but don't waste your time breeding them. Of the 4 really tough aquatic animals (Tuso, Mosa, Plesi and Meg) I rank Meg lowest.

Breed Mosas or Tusos. At the end of the day, if you can handle taming Tusos, they are king, period. They have insane stats (except for speed, but 10 lvls into that makes all the difference), regain stamina in the blink of an eye and, at least on PvE with Pheromones,  are easy to raise. 

Aim for Tusos. 

But study up before taming. Study hard and be ready for things to go wrong. I've solo tamed 5, tamed 2 with help (which were the hardest because my "helpers" were scared and inexperienced,  versus me, who was just scared, lol) and maybe 1 went according to plan. How I haven't died yet is a mystery. Lol.

Anyway, if you go that route let me know and I'll shoot you some advice.

@Rakkasan.  You have to record the baby’s stats when just born or hatched.  And record the tamed Dino stats right after taming.  Put these stats into the Dododex app to get how many levels in each stat you have.  If you are n a hard server like mine, anything around 80 levels is pretty good.   Whatever you want the end product Dino to be, put as levels to see what you need to find in the wild.  In my experience with fighting and harvesting Dino’s, the hardest stat to increase is going to be damage, so I wouldplace that stat find as premium.  Health is a little easier to find because you can get a little idea by looking at their health before you tame them.  Once your bred Dino’s get above 420 when they are born or hatched, start taming lower level Dino’s to breed with them.  That is when you start getting Dino’s that are really good.  The next step is when you try to work in the “zero” movement stat into a lvl 385ish baby.

11 hours ago, docredduke10 said:

@Rakkasan.  You have to record the baby’s stats when just born or hatched.  And record the tamed Dino stats right after taming.  Put these stats into the Dododex app to get how many levels in each stat you have.  If you are n a hard server like mine, anything around 80 levels is pretty good.   Whatever you want the end product Dino to be, put as levels to see what you need to find in the wild.  In my experience with fighting and harvesting Dino’s, the hardest stat to increase is going to be damage, so I wouldplace that stat find as premium.  Health is a little easier to find because you can get a little idea by looking at their health before you tame them.  Once your bred Dino’s get above 420 when they are born or hatched, start taming lower level Dino’s to breed with them.  That is when you start getting Dino’s that are really good.  The next step is when you try to work in the “zero” movement stat into a lvl 385ish baby.

Err. Ok. I think I understand. Tame high level wild dinos. Pretty simple. Maybe I'll get good damage stats, maybe not. Hit or miss? Keep at it. Then when I've got some good damage stat tames and have bred them to the point where the damage percentage is above 420%, start breeding them with lower level Dinos to get really good stats. What do you mean by "lower level dinos?" Do you mean lower level wild tames or lower level bred tames or what?

And what in the world is the "zero" movement stat?

@gorefangs, torpor is not a breedable stat.

@Rakkasan, I have confused you somewhere.  Each stat value (health, stamina, food, oxygen, damage, movement speed) is determined by a base number for that Dino species, plus a constant number that is multiplied by how many creature levels that were placed on that stat.  So if you tamed a level 2 Dino, all stats would be base level, and one of the stats would be randomly chosen to receive a set increase multiplied by one.  The exception is the movement stat.  If that stat is randomly chosen then there is no increase in that stat, basically it is a wasted level increase.  Because we know what the increase is for each Dino, and the base level stats for each Dino, we can plug the Dino’s information in dododex and it will tell us how many levels were placed in each stat.  If you add up each stats level, you will get the level of the Dino.  The maximum values of all stats cannot exceed 450.  I play on a hard server right now and that is where most of my testing comes from.  The highest Dino level that is not found in a cave is 300.  If you tame a level 300 Dino with 100% taming effectiveness, it will be level 450 when finished.  This is good for 2 reasons. 1. The level increases you get from taming effectiveness never go to movement speed, and since the taming effectiveness works on a percentage of wild levels, you will have less wasted levels on movement speed.  2. You will have a greater number of stat levels, so the chances of getting a single stat that has an abnormally large amount of levels in it, increases.  Since the game places each level increase randomly, you may have to tame a bunch of wild Dino’s before you get the stats you are looking for.

It's not breedable but when your tame spent a crap ton of points in it... Values on brutal go way higher.

You can level something past Max server level.. it will despawn as soon as you go out of rendering... But you can always breed it's super stats off before it despawn :X because the baby will get the better stats hopefully but the game caps the lvel when it's born, so it can exceed Max stat values, and be a level 600+ but still be a level 600.

I had a level 700 saber, male and bred it with a level 600 female and the male poofed but the baby got some of the level 700s stats.

I promptly killed it because I didn't want to corrupt my server.

On 2/25/2019 at 7:03 PM, docredduke10 said:

@gorefangs, torpor is not a breedable stat.

@Rakkasan, I have confused you somewhere.  Each stat value (health, stamina, food, oxygen, damage, movement speed) is determined by a base number for that Dino species, plus a constant number that is multiplied by how many creature levels that were placed on that stat.  So if you tamed a level 2 Dino, all stats would be base level, and one of the stats would be randomly chosen to receive a set increase multiplied by one.  The exception is the movement stat.  If that stat is randomly chosen then there is no increase in that stat, basically it is a wasted level increase.  Because we know what the increase is for each Dino, and the base level stats for each Dino, we can plug the Dino’s information in dododex and it will tell us how many levels were placed in each stat.  If you add up each stats level, you will get the level of the Dino.  The maximum values of all stats cannot exceed 450.  I play on a hard server right now and that is where most of my testing comes from.  The highest Dino level that is not found in a cave is 300.  If you tame a level 300 Dino with 100% taming effectiveness, it will be level 450 when finished.  This is good for 2 reasons. 1. The level increases you get from taming effectiveness never go to movement speed, and since the taming effectiveness works on a percentage of wild levels, you will have less wasted levels on movement speed.  2. You will have a greater number of stat levels, so the chances of getting a single stat that has an abnormally large amount of levels in it, increases.  Since the game places each level increase randomly, you may have to tame a bunch of wild Dino’s before you get the stats you are looking for.

Yeah. Hate to confess it, but I'm a tad confused. On this one I need two things, if you can.

1. Can you plug in your above information into a practical "why" scenario?

2. Can you plug your above information into a practical example?

And, to bring it home to me, pretend you are on an easy server, PvE. Max wild is 30. Max 100% taming effective level add is 14 (or 15?). Imagine you are wanting to breed two lines of Ankys. One for damage, to extract more metal at higher speeds, and the other for weight. Take this example and use your information above and show me how it would work out. I think the light might come on then. 

I hope. Lol.

Thanks. :)

3 hours ago, Rakkasan said:

Yeah. Hate to confess it, but I'm a tad confused. On this one I need two things, if you can.

1. Can you plug in your above information into a practical "why" scenario?

I am not sure what a "why" scenario is, lol.

2. Can you plug your above information into a practical example?

I will give it a go.

And, to bring it home to me, pretend you are on an easy server, PvE. Max wild is 30. Max 100% taming effective level add is 14 (or 15?). Imagine you are wanting to breed two lines of Ankys. One for damage, to extract more metal at higher speeds, and the other for weight. Take this example and use your information above and show me how it would work out. I think the light might come on then. 

The good thing is that you can use the same offspring for weight or damage in this case, just level up whichever stat you want to concentrate on for each individual.  If the max wild level is 30, and max tame bonus is 15 levels, then your max in any stat will be 45 levels.  It will be impossible to reach this though just because of probabilities.  Your average level in weight and attack will be around 9 levels immediately post tame.  So anything above 9 levels in attack or weight will be better than average.  Since max tame level is 450, you do not need to worry about having too high stats in movement speed or food.  I have heard using 75% of levels in desired stat as an ideal expectation if you are serious about finding a good wild to tame in a specific stat.  75% of 45 = 33.  Now 33 in damage or weight would be very had to find, but is possible.  If it was me, I would probably keep and breed any anky that had 20+ levels in a stat.  

Now to put the levels into the actual stats you will see.  If I use Dododex, the Ankylosaurus base weight is 250 with +5 increase per level and damage is 100% base with +5% increase per level.  So, average immediately post tame would be 295 weight and 145% damage.  If I use 20 levels in weight, the stat would be 350, and damage 200%. 

So you need a wild male with a high damage or weight stat and breed it with a wild female with the other stat.  It will probably take multiple breedings, but you want to end up with a male and female with both the high weight and high damage stat.  Go ahead and level these up like you want, one in damage, the other in weight, but continue to breed them.  You can even get other females with the same stats to breed with the male.  Now you are looking for damage and weight mutations.  Mutations will give you 1-2 more levels in a stat.  If you get one, work it into a breeding pair of male and female, and keep repeating the process.  Technically, you can get 20 mutations, so that would mean 20-40 more levels in damage or weight.

Let me know any questions

I know this dude explained it, But heres another way....

This information is all standard copy pasta mechanics. What I figured out from info off the pc forums is this;

All species have same core stats level means they spent points, like players. A high level doesnt mean its better. Its level could be inflated due to a useless stat. A level 10 rex, spending 9 points in food, is not as good as a level 10 rex that spent say 9 in health.

You dont want to level your breeders beecause earned levels dont breed, and they obscur the parental source.

Each stat is chosen between the parents with 70% favorability to the higher stat.

So baby from rex A and B got the higher health, and higher food, which would give you i think a lv 19 baby. but its still only useful as a level 10 rex because 9 of those points went to food.

I do what I want and breed for health, stamina damage and speed.

Why have a rex that ddoes 1 million dmg if it cant catch anything and is always hungry?

Keep in mind class rolls, An argy is a good Quetz sub, But you wouldnt use it to scout, so why breed argys for speed?

Weight and stamina..

Dactyls

Stamina speed damage and health. Etc.

Whats fun is breeding pairs of complementary things, one raptor tank, one raptor blitz etc. and using them  together with mate boost.

Its easier to see if you just start mating things you didnt level and looking at the parents stats.

Mutations are easier to spot once your gene pool is a static level.

Tame higher level wilds because it increases the levels you gain from tame effectiveness and increases your chances of getting a higher level stat in what you are looking for.  Since you are on an easy server, you will not have to worry about hitting the max tame level of 450, so you can breed for health, stamina and food, or whatever you want.  The maximum possible level without mutations you will be able to reach with an anky on a easy server is around 290, but that in reality would be impossible.  Realistically you could hit 200 after applying XP levels.

Oh, and just record what the stats are post tame and level up if you want.  No use of having awesome dinos and not use them to their fullest.  Name them based on their stat levels.  So if you had a male with 20 levels in damage, but everything else was average, you could name him "M D(20)".  This makes it easier to know which ones to breed on the fly.  Also easier for managing implants and requesting them.

Archived