artwork Ark Stuff!

MayaPatch

Well I waited a while before to post some workd of mine XD
Made on paint Tool SAI using a Tablet Intuos, just some drawings about a story of mine I'm writing (Sorry only in Italian xD). I'll uload only this topic when I have something to show ^^
Sorry for the watermarks but in the past people stole my works :/

Aurora and her first Tame, an Equus

ark_survival_evolved__aurora_and_her_equ

Stealing Wyvern eggs!
This last drawing kinda killed me XD

stealing_their_precious__by_mayapatch-dc

• 5 weeks later...

Here with a new work xD I'm still trying to improve with digital color XD

Lex and his Griffin!
In my story he's the only one that managed to Cross Travel so he could go to Ragnarok and tame a Griffin (Note: Aberration can't be reached without Ascension). He's also who studies the Explorer Notes to find out what are the Arks and why humans are there. For a while he "played solo" we can say, protecting himself from other tribes so he learned a few "PvP tricks". Then he was asked to join in the "The Defenders" tribe.

lex_and_his_griffin_by_mayapatch-dci99ce

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent work. The only problem I have is the proportions. The first piece has almost perfect proportions, however, the other two are pretty inaccurate. The wyverns are many times larger than the griffin then they should and Lex is way too small compared to the griffin. Unless he’s a dwarf, that griffin should be about 30-50% of its size. However, everything else is excellent. Well done. 

On 9/10/2018 at 7:07 AM, GenTech1000 said:

Excellent work. The only problem I have is the proportions. The first piece has almost effect proportions, however, the other two are pretty inaccurate. The wyvern s are many more times larger than the griffin then they should and Lex is way too small compared to the griffin. Unless he’s a dwarf, that griffin should be about 30-50% of its size. However, everything else is excellent. Well done. 

You know, this is the type of comments i love to receive: feedback and suggestions. Nothing is better than them!
So: Both Wyverns and Griffin has to be smaller, I can try to reduce the size and make them more accurate. It will be hard but I can ty ^^ (I didn't keep the wip files so i have to edit the finished drawings lol)

Anyway one note about dinos size and other things: I'm trying to be more realistic than the game itself so some creatures of the same species could be smaller or bigger. Es: male is bigger and female smaller. A sick dino would be skinny and smaller than a healthy one; same with the puppies, one could be born smaller or even bigger. After all this is how real life works XD 
Ofc, this is not the case of these drawings and I'm glad someone pointed the mistakes out. For better comparison I'll take some screens from the game, I think is better XD

16 hours ago, MayaPatch said:

You know, this is the type of comments i love to receive: feedback and suggestions. Nothing is better than them!
So: Both Wyverns and Griffin has to be smaller, I can try to reduce the size and make them more accurate. It will be hard but I can ty ^^ (I didn't keep the wip files so i have to edit the finished drawings lol)

Anyway one note about dinos size and other things: I'm trying to be more realistic than the game itself so some creatures of the same species could be smaller or bigger. Es: male is bigger and female smaller. A sick dino would be skinny and smaller than a healthy one; same with the puppies, one could be born smaller or even bigger. After all this is how real life works XD 
Ofc, this is not the case of these drawings and I'm glad someone pointed the mistakes out. For better comparison I'll take some screens from the game, I think is better XD

No problem! I’m glad to have been of help. I understand what you mean by some animals being born larger and growing to different sizes, however, the difference in size is usually not that major. Your griffin in the wyvern piece and your equus in the first one are on point it you want some reference. Keep up the good work!

p.s. - Are you seriously talking about accurate sizes in Ark? We have a giga the size of a parking garage and a sauropod large enough to crush a Rex with a single foot, and that’s not counting the all of the other discrepancies. I wouldn’t be too focused on realism when talking about Ark, but hey, you do you. 

On 9/12/2018 at 5:08 AM, GenTech1000 said:

No problem! I’m glad to have been of help. I understand what you mean by some animals being born larger and growing to different sizes, however, the difference in size is usually not that major. Your griffin in the wyvern piece and your equus in the first one are on point it you want some reference. Keep up the good work!

p.s. - Are you seriously talking about accurate sizes in Ark? We have a giga the size of a parking garage and a sauropod large enough to crush a Rex with a single foot, and that’s not counting the all of the other discrepancies. I wouldn’t be too focused on realism when talking about Ark, but hey, you do you. 

Oh no, wait! Hahahaha I do know Ark dino sizes are not meant to be realistic,. I'm the first one that justify this choice since every dino has a role in the game. For example: the Titan is a Raid Dino, it is meant to be the biggest one. The Giga is a mini boss so is not only so big but also... overpower. The Megalodon is an early powerful water mount while the Mosasaur is a late game water mount (That's why the sizes are switched). I'm not against it. Absolutely :D  When you play Ark realism is the last thing to think about. I never understand people that say that a product is garbage if it doesn't respect the Realism (Yeah I know a bunch of these people.. unluckily). Ark has a lot of fun to offer and is ok :D

I'm speaking of my Ark Story in which I can try to be more realistic with what is possible, staying in the game reality ofc :) A female giga will be a bit smaller than a male, for example XD 

And about the drawings, I can't modify them, but I'll pay more attention for the next ones! And I discovered the reason of my mistake: My in-game character is indeed a Hobbit XD Well, I'll create a male character in my singleplayer :°D It will be better!  Thank you again!

7 hours ago, MayaPatch said:

Oh no, wait! Hahahaha I do know Ark dino sizes are not meant to be realistic,. I'm the first one that justify this choice since every dino has a role in the game. For example: the Titan is a Raid Dino, it is meant to be the biggest one. The Giga is a mini boss so is not only so big but also... overpower. The Megalodon is an early powerful water mount while the Mosasaur is a late game water mount (That's why the sizes are switched). I'm not against it. Absolutely :D  When you play Ark realism is the last thing to think about. I never understand people that say that a product is garbage if it doesn't respect the Realism (Yeah I know a bunch of these people.. unluckily). Ark has a lot of fun to offer and is ok :D

I'm speaking of my Ark Story in which I can try to be more realistic with what is possible, staying in the game reality ofc :) A female giga will be a bit smaller than a male, for example XD 

And about the drawings, I can't modify them, but I'll pay more attention for the next ones! And I discovered the reason of my mistake: My in-game character is indeed a Hobbit XD Well, I'll create a male character in my singleplayer :°D It will be better!  Thank you again!

No problem!

• 3 weeks later...

Yay, passed another exam and I have more time to draw! I'm going to remake also the others with this style.
Kilani and his Yutyrannus.
Kilani is Hawaiian and is the leader of the Tortoises tribe, destroyed by the Red Skulls. After the attack, he asked Nick if he and his spare tribe mates could be harbored.
kilani_and_his_yutyrannus_by_mayapatch-d

14 hours ago, MayaPatch said:

Yay, passed another exam and I have more time to draw! I'm going to remake also the others with this style.
Kilani and his Yutyrannus.
Kilani is Hawaiian and is the leader of the Tortoises tribe, destroyed by the Red Skulls. After the attack, he asked Nick if he and his spare tribe mates could be harbored.
kilani_and_his_yutyrannus_by_mayapatch-d

Hi! Me again. Congrats on the exam. Love the picture and the new style. It’s a nice contrast compared to your other works. As for the piece itself, it is overall perfect. I don’t see any issues at all. Great work on the proportions. Compared to your other works, the piece is significantly more proportionate. Overall, it is an excellent piece of work. Well done. 

P. S. One thing I would take from the old style is the lack of solid, black lines. It creates a more realistic and aesthetically pleasing image. 

9 hours ago, GenTech1000 said:

Hi! Me again. Congrats on the exam. Love the picture and the new style. It’s a nice contrast compared to your other works. As for the piece itself, it is overall perfect. I don’t see any issues at all. Great work on the proportions. Compared to your other works, the piece is significantly more proportionate. Overall, it is an excellent piece of work. Well done. 

P. S. One thing I would take from the old style is the lack of solid, black lines. It creates a more realistic and aesthetically pleasing image. 

Thank you ^^ It has been a bad period, maybe one of the most stressing i ever had XD It never happened with an exam but this time something went wrong. Oh well, is done at least and the exam went good ^^

About the drawing, finally I did it XD This time I tried my best :°D about the lines, I can try. I can experiment on this drawing since is easier to work on. I want see what is the result. If is good why not ?
Thank you or your feedback ^^

12 hours ago, MayaPatch said:

Thank you ^^ It has been a bad period, maybe one of the most stressing i ever had XD It never happened with an exam but this time something went wrong. Oh well, is done at least and the exam went good ^^

About the drawing, finally I did it XD This time I tried my best :°D about the lines, I can try. I can experiment on this drawing since is easier to work on. I want see what is the result. If is good why not ?
Thank you or your feedback ^^

No problem! I’m happy to help a fellow artist!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 5:26 AM, TheGlitterPanda said:

really nice work, love the wyvern one!

Ty! It has some flaws but i have to remake almost all of the drawings posted here XD

And sorry for my silence but exams are taking my time, i'm at the last exams and I have to pass them. In addition, I finally got a Wacom Cintiq, now drawing will be more handy with that! :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 7:37 AM, GenTech1000 said:

Excellent artwork as always. I really like the thinner lines with these compared to the yuty piece. Such vibrant colors and the lighting is superb. Well done. 

(P. S. - Aurora has a striking resemblance to Merida from Brave.)

Thank you, I really appreciate it :D I have to say that buying the new tablet made the difference. Now I can work on smaller details and, yeah, thinner lines. Having the canvas AND the hand under my eyes makes everything better, and the screen of the Cintiq is opaque, my eyes don't get tired soon. This is something I noticed every time i worked on paper: everything came better on paper XD

About Aurora xDWhen I finished her I thought the same thing. At the beginning I didn't remember to who she looked like but then I looked at my Merida collection doll and facepalmed XD  Yes, I have the Disney Store Merida doll U__U

On 3/14/2019 at 9:40 AM, ZioTuborg said:

that post has full of beauty artwork thats very nice goodjob bro! :)

Aww ty! But I hope to improve more and more :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh.. it's been a while I didn't post anything! My bad! I've been busy and I forgot to post here XD Arggg!

Ok, A drawing for a friend of mine: His Ark Character. I tried a new shadowing method but I honestly prefer my old way XD
_ark__acceber_and_rexar_by_mayapatch_dda

Well, here one of my new works :D Giselle and two of her Deinonychus! I also changed my Logo, I made one from 0 and I looove it! And yeah the Shadowing methos is my old one and... yeah, I prefer it XD

_ark__giselle_and_her_deinonychus_by_may

• 6 months later...

Oh my gosh! July until my last update? Wow! Sorry, really! But exams and university took me away from drawing! Luckily only the degree is left now so i'll have more time to draw yay!

Well, for valentine's day i'm here with a fan art for Syntac XD I wanted draw something for him anyway so why not for Valentine? At least is somewthing in theme and funny XD

_ark__cupid__by_mayapatch_ddqd3dd-pre.jp

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2020 at 9:23 AM, Princessofnight said:

Love Your art my favorite being the yuty one though I may be bios  as I'm the yty rider of my tribe

Ahaha thank you! I'm usually a Yuty Rider as well in my tribe :D 

Anyway more drawingssss!
Another St. Valentine one. More "serious" than the Syntac one XD

_ark__lex_x_aurora_by_mayapatch_ddr71xl-

And an Art Trade :D 

_art_trade__katla_and_loki__ark__oc__by_

Archived