Dear Devs your definition of "Soon" is misleading and plain wrong.

johnm81

Back in AUGUST of 2017 you did a Q/A and I was one of the players selected to have my question put up on your website and answered. 

It read:

Survivor johnm81 asks, “Prim+ players have been told that load times for pc version can't be addressed till after alpha. Now that alpha is over what are the plans to lower the 5-15min load times for this total conversion?”

Jeremy "Drake" Stieglitz's answer: @Jeremy Stieglitz

Yep, we need to do give it a proper Seekfree cook which would then have the same load times as the base game. We’ll do so soon. The problem is that it has to then be updated (recooked) more often as well, but I think we can handle it. We may also provide Dev Kit authors with the option to do a (large but super-fast-loading) Seekfree cook.

I can't fathom how in anyone's mind it being almost 11 months later (with at least one MAJOR prim+ patch having come and gone) that still a thing you said would be done "SOON" is not. Its greatly disheartening to be  so misleading and shows a lack of respect for the community.  Especially when this one issue is the greatest restriction for this game mode to actually grow and show its true popularity....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Different people have different likes and dislikes. Some like Tek. Others like prim+. Its fine and both play modes should be out there as people enjoy them. The problem is Ark, along with its many bugs that cause disconnects, make the 5-15min load times unbearable. It also translates to LOTS of lost dinos as nothing can survive for that long when you d/c with aggro on you or its been lured away if you had it on neutral. 

And I have no doubt to do what they would do SOON might be no small task and would take a lot of work. But as far as prim+ is concerned it could be done and then for most purposes left alone with no additional work done to it.

Hello All,

I have only just started playing on a Primitive Plus Server for the Xbox One and almost instantly fell in love!

I understand that there's a difference between PC and Console gaming but I have not had a single issue (by way of load times, I mean) aside from the following:

1) The over-excessive amounts of spawns for whales, alpha raptors and the like.

and

2) The multipliers for nearly everything in game, to exclude maturation because in my mind it makes sense.

Let me elaborate on "problem" 2:

Primitive Plus is (arguably) the more difficult of the two play styles in that, one simply can not survive as easily in Primitive Plus as they can do so in regular Ark play.

Mind you, I come from an Offline Raid Protected server and I understand that alone makes surviving the Ark much more simplistic in that I do not have to worry (as much) about the defensive structuring of my base.

I do not play solo, I have always played with at least 1 other close friend and we have always made due.

We both thoroughly enjoy the challenges that the Primitive Plus Server(s) have opened up to us but I believe that the Primitive Plus Servers need to be revamped a tad and more specifically in either "problems" 1 or 2.

I'm not certain if this is the case but it appears to me that Alpha spawns are a lot more frequent on the Primitive Plus Servers and if that is in fact the case than it is my opinion that the Developers should either decrease the spawn rate of Alpha's (because come one, I shouldn't see seven(yes,7) Alpha Raptors between a full bolt sprint with 100% stamina and my house, it's a little more than just "kinda" overkill.

So, if the Developers feel that in some wacky way seeing this many Alpha's is acceptable, then perhaps the idea of bringing the multipliers up a bit should be talked about being brought up a hair, even if it means losing 2 times weekend.

My reason for saying this is (if it's not been made apparent) because the ability to gather resources or tame dino's is significantly decreased by the amount of Alpha's that are seemingly everywhere...

Thanks for Reading.

Respectfully,

-JMT

2 hours ago, JarnMarr said:

Hello All,

I have only just started playing on a Primitive Plus Server for the Xbox One and almost instantly fell in love!

I understand that there's a difference between PC and Console gaming but I have not had a single issue (by way of load times, I mean) aside from the following:

1) The over-excessive amounts of spawns for whales, alpha raptors and the like.

and

2) The multipliers for nearly everything in game, to exclude maturation because in my mind it makes sense.

Let me elaborate on "problem" 2:

Primitive Plus is (arguably) the more difficult of the two play styles in that, one simply can not survive as easily in Primitive Plus as they can do so in regular Ark play.

Mind you, I come from an Offline Raid Protected server and I understand that alone makes surviving the Ark much more simplistic in that I do not have to worry (as much) about the defensive structuring of my base.

I do not play solo, I have always played with at least 1 other close friend and we have always made due.

We both thoroughly enjoy the challenges that the Primitive Plus Server(s) have opened up to us but I believe that the Primitive Plus Servers need to be revamped a tad and more specifically in either "problems" 1 or 2.

I'm not certain if this is the case but it appears to me that Alpha spawns are a lot more frequent on the Primitive Plus Servers and if that is in fact the case than it is my opinion that the Developers should either decrease the spawn rate of Alpha's (because come one, I shouldn't see seven(yes,7) Alpha Raptors between a full bolt sprint with 100% stamina and my house, it's a little more than just "kinda" overkill.

So, if the Developers feel that in some wacky way seeing this many Alpha's is acceptable, then perhaps the idea of bringing the multipliers up a bit should be talked about being brought up a hair, even if it means losing 2 times weekend.

My reason for saying this is (if it's not been made apparent) because the ability to gather resources or tame dino's is significantly decreased by the amount of Alpha's that are seemingly everywhere...

Thanks for Reading.

Respectfully,

-JMT

Yes I think the load time is a pc issue. 

Does Pc have an issue with an overly excessive amount of Alphas and whales too?

Cause that's the one thing that really keeps messing me and my tribe up is not being able to leave our walls because there's not one, or two or even a minor three but like 4+ at any given time Alphas!

And, we are beach bobs at this particular outpost and can't so much as spear fish in the ocean off our back half of our land because There's always at least one if not two whales right off our shoreline.

It's really very ridiculous. lol

Other than that, we love the peaceful part of the server, all tribes are super respectful and live in relative harmony (of course trolls exist, just like anywhere else) and it is an extremely diverse server.

But everyone on this server is faced with Alphas and that makes for a difficult day of grinding when all you can grind is 20 trees and maybe 4 rocks? lol

At least we only deal with Alpha Raptors and Whales, some tribes face Alpha Rex's in the same ridiculous amount of numbers.

Respectfully,

-JMT

19 hours ago, JarnMarr said:

Cause that's the one thing that really keeps messing me and my tribe up is not being able to leave our walls because there's not one, or two or even a minor three but like 4+ at any given time Alphas!

And, we are beach bobs at this particular outpost and can't so much as spear fish in the ocean off our back half of our land because There's always at least one if not two whales right off our shoreline.

Other than that, we love the peaceful part of the server, all tribes are super respectful and live in relative harmony (of course trolls exist, just like anywhere else) and it is an extremely diverse server.

But everyone on this server is faced with Alphas and that makes for a difficult day of grinding when all you can grind is 20 trees and maybe 4 rocks? lol

At least we only deal with Alpha Raptors and Whales, some tribes face Alpha Rex's in the same ridiculous amount of numbers.

Respectfully,

-JMT

Well I haven't played p+ in a little while so I am not sure of the current spawn rates of alpha dinos. So I am not sure if its an issue on pc as well. It might also have to do with the map you are playing on. I know spawn rates might vary some based off of maps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 2:35 PM, JarnMarr said:

Respectfully,

-JMT

No Alpha spawn rates may seem excessive in early game, put their prime meat is needed to efficiently farm later on in game for prime jerky to make kibble.  Recommend you find a safer area on the map and level up dinos so you can take on Alphas for the xp, prime meat and higher quality tools and crossbows that they drop,    

• 4 weeks later...

Archived